Are the Muslims really Terrorists?

Are the Muslims really Terrorists?

• Total voters
can can spew crap all day, and still the dictionary itself states:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/anti-semitic said:
American Heritage Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This
an•ti-Sem•ite (ān'tē-sěm'īt', ān'tī-)
n. One who discriminates against or who is hostile toward or prejudiced against Jews.

yes, it's an unfortunate definition coined in the early 1980's. do i care? no.

i'm working with the most basic definition of semite and you're anti-semitic!

you can argue all you want but point 2 is still in effect. you're anti-semitic!

have a great day. ^_^

I guess being called "anti-semitic" (since I know for a fact that I am not) by a complete imbecile is not such a bad thing.

Have a spiffy day, yourself.

I guess being called "anti-semitic" (since I know for a fact that I am not) by a complete imbecile is not such a bad thing.

Have a spiffy day, yourself.

you're not arguing against me, you're arguing against the dictionary. you're ignoring the fact that i'm not using the pop-culture use of "semitic". i'm using the very basic definition. stick with the rules. ;D

I'd be happy not to invade... except to blast the Middle East off the face of the map.

that says enough.

Yiffzer said:
you're not arguing against me, you're arguing against the dictionary. you're ignoring the fact that i'm not using the pop-culture use of "semitic". i'm using the very basic definition. stick with the rules. ;D
Whose rules? Yours? HA! I quoted the dictionary verbatim. It is YOU who is "arguing against the dictionary". I am sorry I am not as "basic" as you appear to be.

did i not quote the dictionary verbatim as well?

however, i am willing to explain why the term "anti-semite" in today's understanding is flawed and it is not at all difficult to see why.

first of all, the definition of semite is explicit and clear:

a member of any of various ancient and modern peoples originating in southwestern Asia, including the Akkadians, Canaanites, Phoenicians, Hebrews, and Arabs.

a member of a group of Semitic-speaking peoples of the Middle East and northern Africa.

so if you use the term "anti-semite", logic would decide that it would mean anyone who is against the member of semitic-speaking people of the middle east and northern africa, right? unfortunately not; the term anti-semite was coined in 1860 by a jew meaning to describe the hatred against jews and ever since then it's been accepted and used.

why?

i wouldn't even know.

now to explain why it's inappropriate in this time and age, look at today's jews. 90% of the jews today are ashkenazim jews. as dictated by this list, we see no mention of ashkenazim jews which means they are not semitic. granted some ashkenazim jews speak hebrew but anyone can learn to speak hebrew and it's not a racial thing.

The following is a list of ancient Semitic peoples.

Akkadians
Assyrians
Babylonians
Chaldeans
Eblaites
Akhlames
Aramaeans
Ugarites
Canaanites
Amorites
Ammonites
Edomites
Hebrews
Moabites
Phoenicians
Sabaeans
Agazi
Aksumites
Arabs
Gindibu
Lihyanites
Thamud
Ghassanids
Nabataeans

unfortunately, again, people have begun linking "jews" to "antisemitic" and started calling out people as "racists". since when was it a race? judaism is a religion, not a race. hence my entire argument relies on this crutch.

i'm not eliminating the other 10% of the jews who are truly semitic. if such hatred were against those people, then it would be appropriate to say "anti-semitic". however, i'd rather use "anti-jewish" because its word and meaning is clearer than the former.

so with that said, if you were to blow up the middle east, you'd be more anti-semite than the muslims could ever wish to be. ;D

I'll throw this into the mix:

The word "anti-Semitism" was coined in Germany in 1879 by Wilhelm Marr
as a more euphonious way of saying "Judenhass" (Jew-hatred), and has
always meant exactly that. Its antonym, "Semitism" connoted a positive
attitude toward the Jewish people. The word has become too sanitized
and too easily misunderstood, which is exactly what Marr tried to
accomplish with the word's creation.

According to a (now discredited) nineteenth century theory that held
that racial groups and linguistic groups coincide, Semites are natives
of a group of Middle Eastern nations that are closely related in
ethnicity, culture and language. Under this theory, the modern day
Semites would be the Jews and Arabs.

...Given that the theory of "semites" and non-"semites" is now
discredited, the preferred term to use is "Antisemitism", which has a
general connotation of "anti-Jewish". When written in this fashion, it
helps to eliminate the confusion with the discredited theory. (The use
of the non-hyphenated form is a suggestion of the distinguished
historian James Parkes). Emil Fackenheim, the Jewish philosopher, has
also adopted this spelling, explaining "... the spelling ought to be
antisemitism without the hyphen, dispelling the notion that there is
an entity 'Semitism' which 'anti-Semitism' opposes" (Emil Fackenheim,
"Post-Holocaust Anti-Jewishness, Jewish Identity and the Centrality of
Israel," in World Jewry and the State of Israel, ed. Moshe Davis, p.
11, n. 2).

Thank you, Reba....so from now on, I am supposed to drop the hyphen....done.

Hmm I voted no. Not all terrorists or muslim are terrorist nor muslim.

Actually first of all, the terrorist issue have NOTHING TO DO with the religions..

I'm sorry, I may be mistaken, but doesn't it say in the Koran that all "infidels" (meaning US) must be slayed? How could that not possibly have anything to do with religion?

Nope, I'm not wrong:
Sura 2:191 said:
Slay them wherever ye find them and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution is worse than slaughter.
Sura 2:216 said:
Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it.
Surah 3:140-143 said:
..... martyrs.... Enter heaven
Surah 3:157-158 said:
If you should die or be killed in the cause of Allah, His mercy and forgiveness would surely be better than all they riches they amass. If you should die or be killed, before Him you shall all be gathered.
Surah 3:169-171 said:
You must not think that those who were slain in the cause of Allah are dead. They are alive, and well-provided for by their Lord.
Surah 4:74 said:
Let those fight in the cause of God who sell the life of this world for the hereafter. To him who fights in the cause of God, whether he is slain or victorious, soon we shall give him a great reward.
Sura 4:76 said:
Those who believe fight in the cause of God, and those who reject faith fight in the cause of evil.
Surah 4:89 said:
But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever you find them.
Sura 5:14 said:
Therefore, we stirred among them enmity and hatred, which shall endure till the Day of Resurrection, when Allah will declare to them all that they have done.
Sura 5:54 said:
O believers, take not Jews and Christians as friends; they are friends of each other. Those of you who make them his friends is one of them. God does not guide an unjust people.
Sura 8:39 said:
Make war on them until idolatry is no more and Allah's religion reigns supreme
Sura 8:65 said:
O Prophet! Exhort the believers to fight. If there are 20 steadfast men among you, they shall vanquish 200; and if there are a hundred, they shall rout a thousand unbelievers, for they are devoid of understanding.
Sura 8:67 said:
It is not for any Prophet to have captives until he has made slaughter in the land.
Sura 9:2-3 said:
Allah will humble the unbelievers. Allah and His apostle are free from obligations to idol-worshipers. Proclaim a woeful punishment to the unbelievers.
Sura 9:5 said:
When the sacred months are over, slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them.
Sura 9:28 said:
Believers! Know that idolators are unclean.
Sura 9:29 said:
Fight those who believe neither in God nor the Last Day, nor what has been forbidden by God and his messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, even if they are People of the Book, until they pay the tribute and have been humbled. - 9:29 (another source: ) The unbelievers are impure and their abode is hell. (another source: ) Humiliate the non-Muslims to such an extent that they surrender and pay tribute.
Sura 9:41 said:
Whether unarmed or well-equipped, march on and fight for the cause of Allah, with your wealth and your persons.
Sura 9:73 said:
O Prophet! Make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites. Be harsh with them. Their ultimate abode is hell, a hapless journey's end.
Sura 9:111 said:
Allah has purchased of their faithful lives and worldly goods, and in return has promised them the Garden. They will fight for His cause, kill and be killed
Sura 9:123 said:
Fight unbelievers who are near to you. 9:123 (different translation:
Believers! Make war on the infidels who dwell around you. Let them find harshness in you. (another source: ) Ye who believe! Murder those of the disbelievers....
Sura 10:4-15 said:
As for those who are slain in the cause of Allah, He will not allow their works to perish. He will vouchsafe them guidance and ennoble their state; He will admit them to the Paradise He has made known to them.
Sura 33:60 said:
Allah has cursed the unbelievers and proposed for them a blazing hell.
Sura 41:14 said:
Unbelievers are enemies of Allah and they will roast in hell.
Sura 47:4 said:
When you meet the unbelievers, smite their necks, then when you have made wide slaughter among them, tie fast the bonds, then set them free, either by grace or ransom, until the war lays down its burdens.
Sura 47:5 said:
Those who are slain in the way of Allah - he will never let their deeds be lost. Soon will he guide them and improve their condition, and admit them to the Garden, which he has announced for them.
Sura 48:25 said:
Muslims are harsh against the unbelievers, merciful to one another.
Sura 48:29 said:
Muhammad is Allah's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless to the unbelievers but merciful to one another. Through them, Allah seeks to enrage the unbelievers.
Sura 66:9 said:
Prophet! Make war on the unbelievers and the hypocrites and deal sternly with them. Hell shall be their home, evil their fate
Sura 98:51 said:
The unbelievers among the People of the Book and the pagans shall burn forever in the fire of hell. They are the vilest of all creatures.

^^^Does the terrorist attack other countries for that?

It's just that I see the terrorist are very wishfully to attack any other country to impress themselves which doesn't do much with the religion, but I didn't expect about the Muslim's scripture's word.

I'm sorry, I may be mistaken, but doesn't it say in the Koran that all "infidels" (meaning US) must be slayed? How could that not possibly have anything to do with religion?

Nope, I'm not wrong:

Do all Muslims follow the Koran literally? I think not. Likewise, most Christians don't follow the Bible literally. If we did, we'd not eat pork or wear cotton and wool blends.

Yes, some have done terrible things in the name of Allah or Jesus but it's not fair to paint a whole group with the same brush because of the actions of a few distrubed people.

There are hundreds, if not thousands, of former Muslims in the United States who live under the threat of death because of their own personal decision to no longer follow the Islamic religion. Freedom of religion is a cornerstone of the American republic. Former Muslims do not always experience this aspect of freedom because of the hatred and intolerance of others.

Back