Anyone who involved or saw..

Originally posted by Irish Devil Dog
Yeah, javapride. :D

I'm sure you people are :shock: that was her who is my ex. At least she apologized to me what she ve done to me in the past. But ofc there is no way for us to go back together. She knows I am good woman with good heart even tho she kept one of my word :D

yes i did :)

Originally posted by Liza

This has been very emotional for me to write this.... I have written this post with my eyes full of tears. It means everything to me. Gotta really feel those, baby!

Hugsss... You are not only the one. I wrote previously thread, I was tearing my eyes. I was very angry myself. Why would I stay with my ex much longer? I wish, we have a deaf program like OddBall posted. I would leave him immediately if I know that program. I had no idea how could I kick my ex's butt out of my life. I was afraid and passive of him for years...

Glad, you are much happier now with new husband and move on new life. :D Hang in there Liza !

Originally posted by javapride

sabrina,

I read ur thread and i want to be the first to break the news to you there isn t a deaf program that i know if that has a support group. from what i was known to see and understand only one and not very much support group would attest to this, was JSSA in MD that i have heard of but doesn't do the abuse programs for the deaf abusers, I d like to see this happen, u know i had a dream last night i'd like to share with u all its sort of a how to explain a bit hard, I ll just do my best heh...

I can understand how you feel being awkward to share your feelings with us. Hope, you feel alot better when you typed on this thread out of your chest. It will take a long term to heal your difficult time in the past.

I went to some sort of state and entered a program for the deaf where i was to stay for one full yr non stop, and this kind of program has a mix of boot camp and therpy combined and i would really be movivated to do that kind of program, im sure u have heard of self defense classes and that was also included in the program each abusers has to be the abused person by the abuse survivor to sort of like * kick it in the brain* type of on hands classes, to make the abusers think of the pain that the abuser CAUSED on the victim in other words u would be victim defending urself ON the abuser by showing u can defend urself and not the abuser. and also was thinking wished there was a program like that that really will kick the abuser's ass in every way to make them stop and break the cycle.

I know what do you mean. I had seen several Deaf clients who went to State program. Some clients are successful, some not. Itself communication is the key. There is not many good couneslor or pscyhologist in State of Massachusetts who are familiar with Deaf culture and language. It is very frustrated for us to find one around here.

As for self defense class sounds very interesting. I know one Deaf woman took that class. She loves it so much. Her esteem-self develops stronger. She kicked her ex husband by karate. *whoa* Bravo !!

it was a dream and woke me up to good relization. I would really go for that kind of program to help myself and i would voulnteerly sign in for that!

I am so happy for you to sign up that program. You really want to change yourself. It will take for a while. Do they provide an interpreter that program ?

NO court, no friends, no body for that matter can tell me to do this, i can do it for me, cuz i reconize my abusive ways and i would very much go for this kind of thing....

May I ask you, how old are you now? I have seen teenager kids were ignore those people like you do. I was wondering why, they rebel against them. Those professional people really want to help those teenager kids. It doesn't work. :(

the person IDD was talking about was me, i was her ex we both made mistakes getting back together and i relized one i wasn't made for relationships I just gotta stop hurting other poeple.

I am glad that she gives you another chance. I can see how much she wants to help you. Important teamwork to be reinforcement each other. ;) Do not give up yourself ! It will take your time to resolve your problem. It takes me for a long time to deal myself. I must NOT think about the past. It infludences me anger and emotional. I do sometime tear in my eyes when I looked the past. It is so hard to not discussing about my bad marriage !

Thanks for your sharing with us. Be strong Java !!

Hugsss...

~ Sabrina

Last edited:
Originally posted by prostock19
I've seen it. I should have called police but all I did was ask if the woman was ok. Grrrrrr. I am pissed with myself now.

Why would you piss off about ? Does this woman tell you how bad she was hurt or what ? Do not blame yourself if this woman did not tell you the truth for some help.

Some women were afraid to tell the cops, Judge, social worker, etc. etc.. that she wants her boyfriend, husband or partner leave that house.

Do not blame yourself Matt ! I am glad, this thread educational you since you work for the security. ;) You may become a police then detective someday. That would be a great because Deaf Community people really need law enforcement knowledge Deaf culture and sign language.

I am thinking about to establishment sign language class in my hometown to teacher police, firemen, other stations this fall.

~ Sabrina

Sabrina... well said.. I know what domestic violence is like.. It was suck.. those people who have to go through even they have so much angry inside their chest.. It is not so easy to go through and everything.

There is a reason why they provide a SHELTER home whenever they have no place to go, have a domestic violence which they cant be returned to their home, and things like that.

There are so many crazy people out there. I will never understand those insane people it is like they have no remorse or something like that?

Originally posted by ShEiLdTaLiSmAn
Dont get what u mean, Prostock? Care to explain?
I was leaving the old house, going down the road between the bar and the liquor store, and I saw this woman go flying to the ground in her yard. The I saw a guy come into view. I didn't see him hit or push her, but I knew it happened. I went up to the woman and asked if everything was ok. She said she fell. YAH RIGHT>

Originally posted by RisingStar
Sorry, DOM, I had to mention your name! Thank you... For saving me.
Uh, yeah I remember that. I didn't stop, I got carried away. Your ex's big guy. He's such a wussy when it comes to you. Guess he's not man enough to take it from you. His face and body became pulped! Sorry, that I couldn't stop. But I just wanted to make him to feel your pain and all of women's pain from all the time he hurts them. I wouldn't want to remember this at all. He had to be carried to hospital and all. I just try to be cool about it. But after I saw your face and all. My mind just went out with but a snap of fingers. So, hope that your leading a cool and happy life now. :D

How nice... You r just man who knows that men shouldnt hit any women. If any of men see that men hit the women.. they would kick theirs.

For Javapride,

I was :shock: that you did discloure your problem to the public because I never thought that you can able to reveal who you are.

Anyway, the reason I why I did put in-depth information was I am so peeved that you tend to twist words in order to blame us. I read your ranting post in other forum and it made me so peeved. I did not appreciated that you did it to us. I suggest you to stop it because it won't go anywhere.

Yes, you lost friends because of your dangerous actions, if you continue, you will lose more later. So, therefore, I have to cut off with you for many reasons.

You need to commit to your intensitive therapy at prolonged term because you carry excessive baggages and throw at us. Remember, we ARE not your counselors and we just listen to your rantings, BUT, we have tried to provide you positive feedbacks, but you either don't listen or simply ingore us. That's why I gave up when I was out of options, so I had to cut off.

You want to do it badly, then find a good therapist who have knowledge of listing of abuses. Give Hawaii a chance and get yourself useful.

I wish you best of luck in your future.

Originally posted by Oddball
For Javapride,

I was :shock: that you did discloure your problem to the public because I never thought that you can able to reveal who you are.

Anyway, the reason I why I did put in-depth information was I am so peeved that you tend to twist words in order to blame us. I read your ranting post in other forum and it made me so peeved. I did not appreciated that you did it to us. I suggest you to stop it because it won't go anywhere.

Yes, you lost friends because of your dangerous actions, if you continue, you will lose more later. So, therefore, I have to cut off with you for many reasons.

You need to commit to your intensitive therapy at prolonged term because you carry excessive baggages and throw at us. Remember, we ARE not your counselors and we just listen to your rantings, BUT, we have tried to provide you positive feedbacks, but you either don't listen or simply ingore us. That's why I gave up when I was out of options, so I had to cut off.

You want to do it badly, then find a good therapist who have knowledge of listing of abuses. Give Hawaii a chance and get yourself useful.

I wish you best of luck in your future.

HI oddball I know u did become :shock: on this , and i don't blame u for that. i understand u want to cut off the friendship and i respect that. yes i know i have an excessive baggage and since my meetings with my counselor i have gotten more tools and going deep into my past and *giving* them a wipe off i dunno how to explain that, but u know like lasza tends to say clean yr mess??? that sort of thing but im doing it a bit differently, I relize one thing cleaning the mess is also about forgiving one another and thats what im doing, and remmy when we first found out that i had lost my grandfather i don't think i ever really got a chance to greive properly, but i now am and actually begining to let go of the past that has been eating me up, this is a long haul for me oddball, and i don t expect this to last over night, im taking this one day at a time and begining to work things out, YES I know I ranted on the other forum but then after rereading it it was a bit ridculous and relizing blaming others is just like not taking actions for my own responiblity and i m taking action now by admitting it, I do have a qq for u u know fly free has mentioned that abt the aspect of intenstive therpy what about a program where the abuser would STAY in that program not like an outpatient type, inpatient type where i stay and do this kind of intensitve program to get the abuser to break that cycle??? would there be such a program, since u have the knowledge of that.. U knew i was a stubborn woman and i need to break that stubborness so i can foucus on the better aspect of life. without using anger as a exessive baggage as u mentioned. let me know what thoughts u have... thanks oddball for ur blunt honesty :)

Oddball -- i had recently found out the name of the organization here in DC that caters to DV victims -- its called DAWN (Deaf Abused Women's Network) its still quite new -- found out thru someone else i was talking with and happened to discuss this issue

Originally posted by Fly Free
Oddball -- i had recently found out the name of the organization here in DC that caters to DV victims -- its called DAWN (Deaf Abused Women's Network) its still quite new -- found out thru someone else i was talking with and happened to discuss this issue

IS this a program where a person STAYS as an inpatient???

Originally posted by javapride
IS this a program where a person STAYS as an inpatient???

:dunno: and this is for the victims not the offenders -- u need a program that is FOR the offenders

IF anyone KNOWS anything about this kind of programs for the offender which is ME, please contact me, cuz this is very important to me and would like to be able to do this and show myself I CAN do something like this

I ll do ANYTHING to get into program I know this is like a 12 step rehab type for me BUT anything that will make it worthwhile for my own self worth. thanks :)

Originally posted by Sabrina
I am glad that she gives you another chance. I can see how much she wants to help you. Important teamwork to be reinforcement each other. ;)

Yeah I tried help her and I wanted help her, but it didnt work out.. At least I tried :D

Javapride,

You know that you impressed me by reveal yourself who u are. I am proud of you.. Good luck in the future.

Yeah I tried help her and I wanted help her, but it didnt work out.. At least I tried :D

Javapride,

You know that you impressed me by reveal yourself who u are. I am proud of you.. Good luck in the future.

thank u :) i m proud of myself for facing the music and sharing my own situation .

Originally posted by Fly Free

If there is occurred in various hometown. The women can't go to shelter or different place without any communication in sign language. It will be difficult for those DV victim women. :(

There is not many Deaf program around here in Massachusetts. What is more, they were not feeling comfortable to be in the Deaf group due to ashame or trustless with them. I can understand how they feel.

would you trust with Deaf people if you share your personal problem with them? Will they seal their ten fingers to respect your confidenality ?

Sabrina

Javapride,

That is nice of you Irish to give her alot of support. Otherwise, you can't change her. She has to work hard on herself. No one can change anybody who has problem with temper control, depress, drug, drinking problem, etc...

I know it is not easy for anyone else. I had to fought myself for years to be normal and cherish my children and life !

Do not look back the past ! Look at today and future ! :D

Back