Anyone who involved or saw..

Originally posted by Fly Free
uhmm its rare huh qq *sigh* all the therapies u have mentioned has to be pretty intensive -- but what if the abuser just go like *nodding* to courts, friends, family whatever that orders them to go as opposed to doing it themselves on their own free will qq especially if the offender is a DEAF person -- it makes things more challenging -- uhmm thanks Oddball for ur insights on this

as for the DV survivors -- yes i know quite a few DV survivors and am aware if they did the extreme killing their abusive partner they end up locked up for life (some states has varying sentences for DV survivors who has killed their partner or seriously injured them) -- yes it is VERY sad that those who did kill their partner gets locked up for just simply trying to save their own lives and the children/pets

but what if the abuser just go like *nodding* to courts, friends, family whatever that orders them to go as opposed to doing it themselves on their own free will

Yes, no matter Deaf or hearing abusers who pretend to obey to courts, cops, survivors, etc. They will repeat their actions again ayway.

Originally posted by MsGiglz
I will share with mine someday when the time is right..
FlyFree.. knew about my story... She will understand how i feel. :)

{{{{{MsGiglz}}}} :ily: take ur time whenever u feel u want to post u can do so on ur own -- u have SO many ppl that loves u and i KNOW i definately do!!!!

Originally posted by Oddball
but what if the abuser just go like *nodding* to courts, friends, family whatever that orders them to go as opposed to doing it themselves on their own free will

Yes, no matter Deaf or hearing abusers who pretend to obey to courts, cops, survivors, etc. They will repeat their actions again ayway.

yes im well aware of that *sigh* -- the abuser just has to confront that and admit to it and GO get intensive therapy even if theyre not under court order or otherwise -- if they dont im aware they would eventually seriously injure or kill their family member, partners, friends whoever and end up getting either a life sentence or a death sentence

yes im well aware of that *sigh* -- the abuser just has to confront that and admit to it and GO get intensive therapy even if theyre not under court order or otherwise -- if they dont im aware they would eventually seriously injure or kill their family member, partners, friends whoever and end up getting either a life sentence or a death sentence

Bingo, here you go!

HI im here to post one time only, and please understand the duress i have had to go thru, i been reading this thread and it really hit home for me, I'm Javapride and this is no joke, im an abuser, i have a cycle i need to break before i end up hurting or killing anyone. I admit i am VERY stubborn person when it comes to my mind, and i was stubborn at an very early age, but what I didn t expect this to do was turn it into a voilent temper. poeple are precious to me, my anger is a deadly force that needs to be burned out. I have hurt several of my friends and my relationships as well some fights i know was considered itself to be an unfair fight. whilist others just was plain stupidity, watching the movie tonight made me think hard and reading some threads and etc. caused me to realize why and what was going on. im currently taking classes but, its not enuff, i need to be in a place where i can truly get the head on lesson not just some papers that was copied off the xerox machine and some therpist who NEVER experienced it, i just want to be in a place where i can sit here and show the world hey i did something bad and i need to clean this up, i lost a very good friend. and i would do more than the world to change myself. im doing this for me, took me ALOT of courage i would say to do something like this and im prepared for anyone to blaw me out and etc. this is the hardest i ever had to do but it needs to come clean, reading oddball's posting really made me think and all the links she's shown and the hotline there really could have been used for me to use it when im feeling like i need to explode i know its not too late for me to use it and reading other poeple's posting about how they experienced it. and i commend fly free's courage to bring up her situation and i dont blame anyone but myself I m recognize things but this is just the start...... it had to lose a friendship to really wake me up.... I make no excuses for what i have done, i have one regret, my behavior that can't take it in control and im working VERY hard to make this change. and im doing it for me... I wished it didn t have to take this far to go thru this. but i make no excuses for my wrongdoing, I just need to clean up my actions and take responsibility for all this. Saying sorry can't change what has already happened, doing something about it can change the future for me, and if i can do it anyone can, i'm only 30 yrs old but the walls i have built on myself needs to come down and i need to make admends for my wrongdoings.

i will post more info about myself at a later time i just want u all to kinda let the shock wear off and we'll be able to talk more about this....

Javapride --

i was VERY surprised to see u have posted in here in regards to urself and ur actions -- u have said u read Oddball's posts and all -- i dont know if u would ACTUALLY clean up ur act and get urself some help not ordered by court, friends, family whatever

at least u have done the first step by saying u are an abuser -- next is for u to prove to anyone close to u -- friends, family, partner etc that u would break the continuance of ur behavior and yes that would include stop talk talk talk and do it and pay attention and quit saying "i learned this n that" then u end up getting all pissy and assault someone -- that definately accomplishes nothing -- im just glad that Oddball has posted those symptoms list of what typically an abuser would do in each category

good luck Javapride

Javapride --

i was VERY surprised to see u have posted in here in regards to urself and ur actions -- u have said u read Oddball's posts and all -- i dont know if u would ACTUALLY clean up ur act and get urself some help not ordered by court, friends, family whatever
I understand u would be suprised about this, and i do not blame u for being suprised... I understand u don't know if this would accomplish anything, but i am doing something for myself, and i d like to get some more informations from anyone where i can go if it means getting sent to some sort of program where i sign myself inside for a period of the time then i would do it the time has come to stop and think about the pains i have caused others, I can't be blaming poeple not even u fly free, not even oddball or lasza or funnybebe or anyone for that matters its all up to me now. if i gotta go to the middle of the usa for this then i ll do it. I just want to be able to be free of the anger be free of the abusing cycle and most of all, just to achieve in somehting for me the time has come for this to happen!

at least u have done the first step by saying u are an abuser -- next is for u to prove to anyone close to u -- friends, family, partner etc that u would break the continuance of ur behavior and yes that would include stop talk talk talk and do it and pay attention and quit saying "i learned this n that" then u end up getting all pissy and assault someone -- that definately accomplishes nothing -- im just glad that Oddball has posted those symptoms list of what typically an abuser would do in each category

Yes i made this first step into reconizing myself and admiting it on a forum like this one, it was needed and it needs to be aware i have a dangerous flaw and it needs to be changed.

good luck Javapride

Thank u for the luck i know i ll need it

Hi Java

im currently taking classes but, its not enuff, i need to be in a place where i can truly get the head on lesson not just some papers

It would be a nice to find Deaf Group Therapy to feedback and support each other in your hometown to deal with anger management.

I never have had really anger or furious since I was childhood. My parents raise me a wonderful life. Until I meet my ex jerk husband. I can see how much he damages my psychological. I was not trust anyone for a long time.

I hardly make some friends for while that you can trust with. :ugh:

I must stand up and fight myself to deal with my anger. I am glad that I find things to keep me busy to involve with other activities. Glad, I have two children who give me alot of love and support. We always share our feelings. They get some angery from their father. They have to move on. Do not let the past bother us !

Hope, things will work out for you. Java.. Hang in there !

~ Sabrina

Go Maury show? He helps people like that. :D That'll be nice to get famous for awhile. :D

This whole thing had changed for who I am. Even included (was) pregnant because now I am a mom. My whole "world" had changed. That is part of why I ran to Maine and trying to get myself back together. It works then this jerk (ex boyfriend who is father of my child.. not real jerk but if u know the story, u might say same thing) broke up with me and I came back. My fear got worst and worst. Finally this alldeaf had helped little and now I am talking to this person. :D The person's name is going to be nameless because its really not the business of here. Its between me and that person.

By the way, it had happen few years ago, I must say 2 years and half ago. it sucks, huh? Anyway, gonna go.

Thanks Tosito for the Flash vid. It was quite painful to watch, but really good to talk about these things out in the open.

When I was like 3 years old, I would watch my parents fight physically and my mother would end up crying after being thrown across the room. I would cry along with her, and be the one to comfort her. We often would walk on eggshells, too. It was just horrible, but it was something I could learn from about the negative uses of power. That's one good thing about having bad things happen to you. You become stronger from them. I swore to myself that I would not be like my father, being a scary person like that who hurts others emotionally or physically on a power trip. I've had him insulting and bettling me while I was growing up, and he wouldnt hesitate to hit me if I talked back which I did often when he was home. Guess why I liked being away at res schools! Well, one day, when he slapped me.. I had enough, and I hit back... of course, and getting out of the way immediately. He never hit me again. Altho, I don't fight physically. That's not me. I also was screwed up emotionally after dumping my ex (the same one in Dell Hell) for a year... my poor Imp had to weather my anger emotionally. Fortunately I never abused him physically.. altho he has felt like he was walking on eggshells around me. I am frankly shocked he is still with me today! He is my babylove, and I have accepted responsibility for myself.. making amends, and modifying my ways of thinking. We have a great relationship, and we continue to surprise each other. I understand that I am no victim, and I can't blame people or be angry at them. That's not how life works. It's all me! :D

You know what? Today, my dad and I have a very healthy relationship... impossible, right? No! I realized violence wasn't the answer, even if I hit my dad that night. He kept up with the belittling, anyway. One of these days, you just gotta be the better person and it will follow! My husband was a catalyst, bless his heart... indirectly, though! My dad and I were corresponding via emails about a few years ago. By that time, I knew he loved me... just had those nasty learned behaviors, and he probably didn't learn a better way of expressing his love when he was a child. He was telling me about his fears of me being with a man whom I've met online, and claimed everyone on internet was a killer. I told him in reply, that I loved him no matter what and how many wives he has married (on his 4th now).. that really got him there! He totally caved in, and got to meet Imp - and loved him like a son. I was so blown away! That simple declaration of unconditional love really influenced a child's monster just like that. He've always meant everything to me, and he still does. I'm just happy we have gotten the ball rolling on this one... I don't feel like I am walking on eggshells around him anymore. He totally listens to me, and even asks me to help with my younger sister and other siblings. Now I have a half brother who was just born to him and his 4th wife and I am happy for them and for me. I am way proud of my dad!

I hope this story helps to serve you that even the abusers are people who probably haven't had good upbringing, and are just good people stuck in learned behavior patterns that just don't work for us.... and they are usually feeling that powerlessness, and using the learned behavior to control a situation. Blaming others is usually a negative use of power, too, for both the victim and the abuser. Yes, the abuser needs to acknowledge the damage and take the next step himself/herself.. accept responsibility and be the change one wants to be. Don't blame others, but don't pity yourself either -- you are stronger than you realize! All is my opinion and observation, feel free to drop what doesn't resonate with you.

This has been very emotional for me to write this.... I have written this post with my eyes full of tears. It means everything to me. Gotta really feel those, baby!

Well, yeah I had DV experienced which is my ex gf. I'm not going to name who. Some of you know who it is. I have been thru abused and I decided left her for good but *shrugs* I made a mistake to go back to this ex gf for another chance but never get along at all and always agure everyday and volience and nearby killing. But, I'm glad that I am not with her anymore and have a better woman in my life that doesnt do the abuse. I wouldnt wanted to be with someone who ex abuser or whatever ever again. I tried help my ex gf about that situation that she abused me but it doesnt help and she did the all of talk and I never see the changes yet. But, no offend to this girl who would read this thread. I am thanked that I am still alive on this earth nowdays.

Now you know why I use Dear Abby's hate quote in my signature. I harbored bitterness and hatred for my ex and my father and for all whom have caused me misery in my life.. my "vessel" became so corroded with the hate I carried within, I did not like the person I was becoming (ie. emotional eggshells and a scared bf now hubby)... so I learned to let go of the anger and acknowledge that I am a powerful person, and I did not need to blame people as that goes nowhere. Compassion totally transforms relationships and how you look at life, unconditionally... :D the walls must come down, no excuses.. and you gotta feel that. Prove yourself consistently. Fly Free is right! It is compassion to trust you in areas where you would have fears, and do something stupid until you prove yourself to be trustworthy of something else more positive (having dissolved these fears in the same area).

I'm a living testimony of that and I'll always sponsor that.

I hope this helps! :cool:

Irish, why keep going back if she already proved herself to do something stupid like that in areas where she has fears. You can only trust her to do that, until she shows you otherwise. Action speaks louder than words.. so don't go back nor help her at all. It's her shit to deal with, and it looks like she doesnt want to help herself either. God walk with her now. Don't feel guilty or bad about that! I'm glad you got yourself out of an abusive situation, and that's definitely self love in process for you. You're worthy of a healthy and loving relationship, just like everyone else. Just my opinion. :)

I've seen it. I should have called police but all I did was ask if the woman was ok. Grrrrrr. I am pissed with myself now.

Originally posted by Smartiesgeek
I had a ex gf in few months ago. She abused me.

I left her few months ago. It is all good.

I said that, she abused me.

yes, she was, controlled me, abusing me, verbal abuses, and psyhically abused, and all that shits.

I went thru of a hell with her for a month. i dumped her.

it is all great, now. I am not even her friend.

Me lucky because I can talk about it in here.. while she is not a member of AD. whew.

Originally posted by Sabrina
Hi Java

It would be a nice to find Deaf Group Therapy to feedback and support each other in your hometown to deal with anger management.

I never have had really anger or furious since I was childhood. My parents raise me a wonderful life. Until I meet my ex jerk husband. I can see how much he damages my psychological. I was not trust anyone for a long time.

I hardly make some friends for while that you can trust with. :ugh:

I must stand up and fight myself to deal with my anger. I am glad that I find things to keep me busy to involve with other activities. Glad, I have two children who give me alot of love and support. We always share our feelings. They get some angery from their father. They have to move on. Do not let the past bother us !

Hope, things will work out for you. Java.. Hang in there !

~ Sabrina

sabrina,

I read ur thread and i want to be the first to break the news to you there isn t a deaf program that i know if that has a support group. from what i was known to see and understand only one and not very much support group would attest to this, was JSSA in MD that i have heard of but doesn't do the abuse programs for the deaf abusers, I d like to see this happen, u know i had a dream last night i'd like to share with u all
its sort of a how to explain a bit hard, I ll just do my best heh...
I went to some sort of state and entered a program for the deaf where i was to stay for one full yr non stop, and this kind of program has a mix of boot camp and therpy combined and i would really be movivated to do that kind of program, im sure u have heard of self defense classes and that was also included in the program each abusers has to be the abused person by the abuse survivor to sort of like * kick it in the brain* type of on hands classes, to make the abusers think of the pain that the abuser CAUSED on the victim in other words u would be victim defending urself ON the abuser by showing u can defend urself and not the abuser. and also was thinking wished there was a program like that that really will kick the abuser's ass in every way to make them stop and break the cycle.
it was a dream and woke me up to good relization. I would really go for that kind of program to help myself and i would voulnteerly sign in for that!
NO court, no friends, no body for that matter can tell me to do this, i can do it for me, cuz i reconize my abusive ways and i would very much go for this kind of thing....

the person IDD was talking about was me, i was her ex we both made mistakes getting back together and i relized one i wasn't made for relationships I just gotta stop hurting other poeple.

Originally posted by Liza
Irish, why keep going back if she already proved herself to do something stupid like that in areas where she has fears. You can only trust her to do that, until she shows you otherwise. Action speaks louder than words.. so don't go back nor help her at all. It's her shit to deal with, and it looks like she doesnt want to help herself either. God walk with her now. Don't feel guilty or bad about that! I'm glad you got yourself out of an abusive situation, and that's definitely self love in process for you. You're worthy of a healthy and loving relationship, just like everyone else. Just my opinion. :)

liza i agree with u, yes its my shit i have to deal with and im doing my best to do that :) no im not DOING my best I AM MAKING it happen working on it now.....

Yes, I have been involved in a family brawl once.
I was in high school, and my mum is an alcoholic. She was mad because I wanted to check something on the VCR just for a few seconds. She hit me real hard repeatedly, and I got so mad. I fisted her once, and she was shocked. I mean, I never hit her before, so this blow to her was out of ordinary. She just cried, so I just went to my room, not feeling good about it. Fortunately, she never hit me again after that, but I sometimes wonder if it is because she might be afraid of me hitting her again? Especially now, after having worked in Borders and Sears carrying heavy stuff around.

Also, with my best friend, I was driving in my car, and we got into a little disagreement. I was drinking some tea or fruit drink, and she lifted it very high as I was sipping. All the drink came out onto my mouth and onto my shirt. She did that as a joke and thought it was funny. I got mad, and hit her on her leg which I thought I didn't hit that hard. But she said I hit her hard. I really learned that everyone has different sense of what is easy or hard. Ever since then, I have never hit anyone again.

With my ex-boyfriends, I never had problems. I cannot remember having arguments with my ex-boyfriends, just discussions. I think that communication and compassion is the most important thing to have. Watching that flash movie of DV really was heart-breaking. I cannot fathom how people can continue abusing each other, even if it is people who they love. I know I can't abuse my loved ones, but I understand that I do feel very differently about my mother. It is like "I have had enough of her crap" feeling, and just wanting to stay away from her. I know it is strange, that you should love your parents no matter what, but I can't really find it inside myself to love my mother. I love my sister and my father more than anything.

Originally posted by Liza

Yeah I agreed with u. I am not helping nor go back to her at all.. It was 2 years ago. Yeah I felt guilty before that I went back to her. But now nah not anymore. Yeah your right that I am worthy of loving and heathly relationship :).

Originally posted by javapride
liza i agree with u, yes its my shit i have to deal with and im doing my best to do that :) no im not DOING my best I AM MAKING it happen working on it now.....

Yeah, javapride. :D

I'm sure you people are :shock: that was her who is my ex. At least she apologized to me what she ve done to me in the past. But ofc there is no way for us to go back together. She knows I am good woman with good heart even tho she kept one of my word :D

Back