Anyone own a gun?

Levonian said:
In my opinion, behavior like this is increasingly becoming a thing of the past. It hasn’t disappeared completely, but it is far less common than it was 20 or 30 years ago. Municipal police departments are well aware that just one small transgression on their part could easily result in a multi-million dollar judgment against the city. I’m willing to bet that most departments now employ state-of-the-art psychiatric screening to weed out the impulse disordered cowboy types. Even cops whom I’ve known who were engaged in criminal behavior were meticulously well behaved while on the job. I’ve known a lot of people who have had problems with off-duty cops, particularly when they’re under the influence of alcohol, but on-duty behavioral aberrations are just not common anymore.
Well, I would say that there is still issue in big cities and 'south states'. Remember the LA Riot & Rodney King? That's one of examples... I must admit that I don't have enough knowledge on that one but from where I stand, nothing has been changed. One group in Berkeley university is now conducting the researches on these big cities & 'south states' to collect the hard datas on these polices. I will post whenever they are done with collecting & researching, that specific group is very good at it... They exposed many things about different situations like divorce rates, fast foods' poor job enviornment, etc etc.

We used to own the gun for protection since the last indicent with dad * won't go into details* we forced him to give up the gun and we are now in the system ( the neighbor watch and etc) so all we gotta do is just pick up the phone and speed dail and drop the phone thats it.. they ll just send someone over cuz im in the sytem as being Deaf so i do not have to worry at all....

javapride said:
We used to own the gun for protection since the last indicent with dad * won't go into details* we forced him to give up the gun and we are now in the system ( the neighbor watch and etc) so all we gotta do is just pick up the phone and speed dail and drop the phone thats it.. they ll just send someone over cuz im in the sytem as being Deaf so i do not have to worry at all....
I hate to say this, but sometimes the "system" is not fast enough. :(

well here in hawaii it is... :) and reba negtives gets no where. thinking postive and if its our time its our time...

My stepfather (a former police/SWAT Squad officer in Tennessee and Houston) owns many handguns and pistols. He even built several with his hands. He is a longtime member of NRA and some other organizations - he has got all decals on his pick-up truck. My mother has a small handgun that she carry with her all the times but isn't member of any organization.

I was still interested in guns until he took me to a gun range and allowed me to do target shooting, I was scared and didn't want anything to do with guns.

After reading this thread, I was discussing with a next-door Puerto Rican neighbor, and to my surprise she showed me two of her handguns that she use for her protection. Now I am seriously thinking about looking into getting one for myself after realizing that the crime rate in my area has skyrocketed with all the illegal immigrants from Mexico and elsewhere. I will ask my stepfather for advices and have him help me with the right kind of handgun.

Reba, thanks for the info on that Armalite.

Webexplorer, you hit a clay pigeon on your first try with a RIFLE? Hmmmmm

Tousi said:
Reba, thanks for the info on that Armalite.

Webexplorer, you hit a clay pigeon on your first try with a RIFLE? Hmmmmm

A beginnier's luck, nothing more :)

webexplorer said:
I just wanted to tell you that I took a skeet & trap class at RIT in 1990. It was my very first time to learn how to use a rifle. I never knew that it was heavy.

Actually, I first shot and hit an orange 'plastic' sauce in the air without missing it. I bet that most beginners would have missed it first. Unfortaunately, I received C in my report, and I do not know what was going on with my teacher. I was very nice to my classmates. I believe that I should have gotten B or A because of my skills.

I was told that I do not need an intepreter for my class, and I guess that he was a real bitch. Perhaps, my teacher never met any deaf people. Funny, most of my classmates were ROTC, and I am not one of them. Of course, they don't wear army clothes.

Sorry, this is not the right place for me to post this section. But, I am just wondering if you ever went to RIT and took that class... I would appreciate it if you could tell me about your experience.
Cool, I took that course, too. It was in 1993. Yeah that teacher wasn't friendly and no interpreter provided. It was sucks! I dropped out that course. Maybe you got C because you don't know the difference between shotgun and rifle? :lol: No one use rifle at skeep & trap.

whitemoe said:
A beginnier's luck, nothing more :)
I dont think you get what Tousi really meant but I bet you understand after you read my previous post.

My wife doen't like guns so I had to buy guns that I really need. I have two guns right now and they are 30.06 Remington Carbine and 835 Ulti-Mag Pump 12ga Shotgun (up to 3 1/2"). I am using 30.06 for big game such as deers and antelopes. Shotgun for pheasants, turkey and ducks/geese. Pretty obviously I am a hunter!

Last edited:
Went to a gun and knife show last Saturday. Saw some neat stuff I wouldn't mind owning. All sales were cash only, so we couldn't afford much. :( Hubby bought a shoulder holster for conceal carry. We saw some friends there. I saw some holographic gun sights that looked interesting but they don't fit the type guns we have. Have any of you used that kind of sight before?

Hubby is a great guy but not a pro photographer. :) This is a picture of me at the entrance of the gun show.

Attachments

• SHOW.jpg
    SHOW.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 12
i personally have nothing against guns in itself after all i grew up with a dad who was a cop (among other relatives who were also cops) and yea he had guns in the house -- once held it (ofc no ammo LOL) when i was a kid under dad's supervision and didnt really like it -- this was also combined with dad's lecture on gun safety and to not play with it basically cuz back then in MD state there were no laws abt gun safety and gun locks -- he had his service gun and his back up weapon as well -- i dont recall the make/model of it -- he also had various rifles for hunting or skeet shooting that has since been disposed of -- only guns we have now and kept hidden locked up somewhere is dad's 2 guns and a gun given to mom from a relative who served in WW2 i believe (or WW1 im not sure)

im gonna take a risk here... when i was homeless i had a gun i have no idea what model it was but i had it illegally.. since i didnt registered for it or have permit for it only reason for having a gun is for my own protection...

before that... i am a hunter for deer so i used to own 12 gauge shotgun and one more that i forgot name... used to hunt every deer seasons till i was like uhh.. maybe 16 or 17 i stopped

i want to hunt again :-P

SpiceHD said:
im gonna take a risk here... when i was homeless i had a gun i have no idea what model it was but i had it illegally.. since i didnt registered for it or have permit for it only reason for having a gun is for my own protection...

before that... i am a hunter for deer so i used to own 12 gauge shotgun and one more that i forgot name... used to hunt every deer seasons till i was like uhh.. maybe 16 or 17 i stopped

i want to hunt again :-P

:Ohno: I better be extra nice to Spice, :bowdown: She might take me hunting some days and if I upset her she might shoot me out in the woods and tell others she thought I was some deer. :eek:

I own a gun

see, bang bang....

watergun01lg.jpg

*goosebumps* hate seeing gun.. *sigh* more dangerous weapon..

Hopefully Rest of all the stores.... requires check your ID and to have carry gun...

In Canada.. *whistle* very impressive their by laws , Require ID, DL and much more.. until you have to written the test first.. When you're passed the test.. will receive the gun license that you can use gun which good reason for somewhat... likely eg: Hunting (will give you booklet where giving you permit area where will have hunting area), other reason gun user.. must have carry gun license all the time..

I've heard about children got careless and killed... Parent aren't enough responbile being locked the gun box.. or hiding somewhere.. I do certinally disagree w/people who prefer hiding the gun.. Children loves snooping and anything want to be "found and curoius to try it." *oh shucks*

A very interesting thread. And a lot of self control from the posters. I happen to like the old fashioned wheel-guns Taylor. I saw one mention of the Ruger Redhawk, which is a large frame revolver in .44 Magnum. It is way too big for a lot of people. I use a Ruger security-six, which is a smaller frame revolver in .357 Magnum, but it will shoot .38 Specials as well for less kick. Ruger makes good revolvers, and even a nice line of semi-autos. Compare them to the Glocks before you buy. I grew up with guns and my wife did not. She is comfortable with me having them though, and with my teaching our kids because of my safe handling and storage. Keep them away from kids, but teach them about them. It takes away the mystery, and teaches them that they are real, not toys, and makes them safe from other folks guns that are not kept put up properly.

I keep a Mossberg 500 pump shotgun for home defense. It has sights easily seen in the dark, a legal 18 1/2 inch barrel, and a five shot capacity. It is loaded with birdshot. Smaller than a BB. Buckshot ranges from .24 to .36 caliber (9 to 36 pellets) and will most definately penetrate a wall or two. It is dangerous to use where a neighbor might be hit. And the "clack-clack" of the slide being pumped will set a normal person at attention.

That Barrett .50 looks macho and agressive, but unless you practice with it a lot ($5 a shot) it would be useless. And it is designed to be a long range sniper rifle. Like 2,000 yards+. There is no bad guy a civilian can lawfully shoot at nearly a mile.

AR-7's are neat little rifles. After Armalite discontinued them, civilian versions continued to be made by several manufacturers, including NEF, H&R, and U.S. Survival Arms, or something like that. They did float when the barrel was unscrewed and stowed in the stock.

I have been in a couple of scrapes where I had to point a gun in self defense. Luckily, the sight of a competently weilded handgun was enough to defuse the situation. But no matter how many movies you see, never point a gun at anyone unless you are willing to use it lethally and suffer the consequences for your actions. A lot of good officers retire after the first time they take a life in the line of duty. And they have to live with it the rest of their lives.

Last edited:
Glock pistol is the worst for safety issue. It has no safety for Glock expect the trigger area. Many mistake shots came out from Glock than other pistol. I had shot many time with Glock 26. It is nice but dangerous with only trigger safety mode.

I strongly suggest anyone to buy HK USP (All Series) and HK Mk23. For officer, and I encourage officers to use .45 ACP.

I got many rifles from my first father's collection. My favorite rifle is Remington 700 model with .30-06. I am about to buy M40A1 .308 verision of sniper rifle from Marinies. It isn't for civlian or on market. M40A1 is my dream rifle because it got many history with that rifle.

Remember, I am hunter. I will not own any automatic, semi, or more than .338 caliber rifle. I will not own semi-shotgun, too. I only owns the reasonable rifle for animals. I also want to play honest game aganist animals. Even I am war-head but I find it no reasons to owns outrange weapons aganist animals. I know that I will not kill any humans cuz we are in a good country. (Unless things change like American under attack or Alien attack aganist Earth and then whole story is changed.)

I am member of www.snipercentral.com -it talks about all world rifles- There is no best rifles in world because each of rifles has their own purposes.

Last edited:
This is my gun. Magnum 44 the most powerful gun in the world.It would blow your head clean off.
taurpic2440081.jpg

Cheri said:
:Ohno: I better be extra nice to Spice, :bowdown: She might take me hunting some days and if I upset her she might shoot me out in the woods and tell others she thought I was some deer. :eek:

oh cheri! lol :nana: naw i wont heheh

Back