• PC Cillin

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • McAfee

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Other (please post it)

Votes: 17 42.5%

• Total voters
Cheri said:
I have McAfree Virus Scanner..It works better than Norton.. Cuz I had a Norton Virus Scanner and after it expired I went to buy a new one but I switched to McAfree and Found out I already had 5 Virus in my computer after Norton.. Its like Does Norton really works?
Did you know that you could simply set the date on Windows back to an earlier date... a date that was during the time your subscription was valid. That would allow you to make your updates. Simply do that once a month or something.

I don't like Norton, it's too big and takes up too much memory, McAfee isn't too bad. But I don't really need a virus scanner, we're just careful not to recieve things from strangers, and we delete unused stuff every now and then.

Ziusudra said:
I don't like Norton, it's too big and takes up too much memory, McAfee isn't too bad. But I don't really need a virus scanner, we're just careful not to recieve things from strangers, and we delete unused stuff every now and then.
You'd be surprised how many viruses sneak into your computer!

Norton and McAfee are retarded. I won't use those shitware, even if my life depended on it!

Deaf258 said:
Norton and McAfee are retarded. I won't use those shitware, even if my life depended on it!

awwww Retarded? Im hurt Deaf258... :P

VamPyroX said:
You'd be surprised how many viruses sneak into your computer!

Yeah, when I was scanning the anti-virus. They told me what they found many websites are virus. Even from my E-mails. Strange !

I do not think that any anti-virus is not protected as 100% accurately !! :type:

Cheri said:
awwww Retarded? Im hurt Deaf258... :P

McAfee is a little better than Norton, but I use 3 different free antivirus scanners to make sure my computer is clean and still is for almost 6 months!

Virus? what's a virus? I've never experienced one on my computer, and as far as I can tell, they don't exist on the Mac. Zero Virus zone.
So no need for anti-virus software. I actually think that software is a scam, at least for the mac.
I vote none of the above! :mrgreen:

I chose other because I don't care much about virus programs because I'm using a Mac, I use Norton Antivirus, but I use it rarely...just in case, tho it never happens because Mac OS X has no viruses to date....no REAL mac viruses as of yet. Mac OS 9 has at least 30 mac viruses...not a lot tho.

Norton Anti-virus is very quite poor now.. because not even caught 100% virus.. I discovered some of virus were came into and passed as White-Angel as lie..
How's so interesting..
I'd rather stick w/ Adware/Spy Sweeper/Spyspot btw in case 4 me.. would be more helpful... includes firewall too.. ZoneAlarm too.. Of course.. I'm nut of high security my computer.. Whatever you like call'n me nuts.. I would happy to say.. *bow* Thanks!
:thumb:

Hmm...although I mentioned in an early post that I was using Grisoft AVG anti-virus...I got curious about the other free program from Avast. Am currently awaiting registration and anticipating to try it out and see how well it does its job. ;)

Norton AntiVirus Professional 2004 (Very good better than old one).
Norton Internet Security
Ad-ware 6.0
Spybot - Search Destory
Zones Alarm (good to protect from hackers)
Stinger (kill bugs & virus)
Sassar (kill bugs & virus)

Last edited:
Oh, yeah!! I like Stinger! Sometimes the antivirus scanner wouldn't pick up something suspicious, so I check it with Stinger to make sure my computer is healthy.

Deaf258 said:
Oh, yeah!! I like Stinger! Sometimes the antivirus scanner wouldn't pick up something suspicious, so I check it with Stinger to make sure my computer is healthy.

Yes, it´s exactly! It´s very good. I use it often.

Liebling:-))) said:
Norton AntiVirus Professional 2004 (Very good better than old one).
Norton Internet Security
Ad-ware 6.0
Spybot - Search Destory
Zones Alarm (good to protect from hackers)
Stinger (kill bugs & virus)
Sassar (kill bugs & virus)

I dunno if that Spybot is well to catching the nasty. For example; it alert me that Windows Update is downloading on my computer. It should be trust brand company but I don't understand that one for now. About the Norton that I learned and their product tend to hog over the memory's space made little bit slow.

I remember in past that I read about Anti Virus the from expert advise that said important look at their software that how much will using the RAM (Memory). Also there are public that can play with all kind of viruses to test and see if the anti virus pick up the nasty.

Today the server of collection viruses no longer for public.

However I think PC Cillin is best. ;)

I'm using Clamav Antivirus, but since i rarely get virus as using Linux (Slackware). But then never know coz there are very very small linux virus out there, it isn't so common like the window virus.

ideafspy said:
I dunno if that Spybot is well to catching the nasty. For example; it alert me that Windows Update is downloading on my computer. It should be trust brand company but I don't understand that one for now. About the Norton that I learned and their product tend to hog over the memory's space made little bit slow.

I remember in past that I read about Anti Virus the from expert advise that said important look at their software that how much will using the RAM (Memory). Also there are public that can play with all kind of viruses to test and see if the anti virus pick up the nasty.

Today the server of collection viruses no longer for public.

However I think PC Cillin is best. ;)

PC Cillin? I never heard. Could you please link it for me.

Spybot is good to wash kids's games off but Spybot need to work together with Ad-ware 6.0
Norton AntiVirus Professional 2004 is much better than old one. They clean the bugs & virus automaic for me but I still check for the sure with Stinger & Ad-ware 6.0 & Spybot but none of virus there anymore since I set new Norton Virus 2004.

Spybot is good one who clean the kids's computer games/internet games but must use Ad-ware 6.0 :)

I like Norton AnitVirus.. I used to have McAfee, but I got virus. So I brought a new computer and Norton come in with it and I never had any problem with it.

Yes, I have the SpyBot here too, it help for me to get rid of the spams and pop-ups.

sequoias said:
I chose other because I don't care much about virus programs because I'm using a Mac, I use Norton Antivirus, but I use it rarely...just in case, tho it never happens because Mac OS X has no viruses to date....no REAL mac viruses as of yet. Mac OS 9 has at least 30 mac viruses...not a lot tho.

well, there is one virus for mac - only on music program. tsk.

I think it's NO BIG DEAL.

No virus I ever seen on my Mac. No bother need Anti-Virus.

548.png

Back