Votes: 16 40.0%
  • PC Cillin

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • McAfee

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Other (please post it)

Votes: 17 42.5%

• Total voters
I use McAfee Anti-Virus Pro. It really works. I use to have a virus on my pc that keeps using my internet to pass it on to the ppl I know. So my friend told me to try Norton anti-virus and this program couldnt find the damn thing. I got pissed. So my sister told me to use McAfee Anti-virus Pro and it found it in a sec. Now im free of it. So Norton is crap. Ill stick with McAfee.

I use this one "Norton SysterWorks" I have no long Virus...
But I really need stop Pop-Ups well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wolfboy said:
I use McAfee Anti-Virus Pro. It really works. I use to have a virus on my pc that keeps using my internet to pass it on to the ppl I know. So my friend told me to try Norton anti-virus and this program couldnt find the damn thing. I got pissed. So my sister told me to use McAfee Anti-virus Pro and it found it in a sec. Now im free of it. So Norton is crap. Ill stick with McAfee.
Actually, it's a bit of both. They say the same for Ad-Aware and Spybot. Norton is 95% effective. McAfee is 95% effective. The missing 5% that one covers is covered by the other. The same goes for Ad-Aware and Spybot. I have both Norton and McAfee. I also have both Spybot and Ad-Aware. So far, they've done the work for me. For instance, McAfee found nothing but Norton found something and this was a couple days ago. That it found was "istinstall-si.exe". It's a common virus and Norton was able to find it. If you already have Norton and you get McAfee, it's better to keep Nortan and add McAfee anyway cuz two is better than one. :thumb:

I have used Macafee prog. I hated it, cuz I was forced to pay for updates... way too many updates in a year. So I use Norton Anti Virus prog. sure, its not always 100% protection. just 95% protection... I like Norton better, cuz it works for me, and plus I only pay once a year to update the program... I also used Zonealarm along with Norton Anti Virus, it'd alert me viruses, hackers trying to hack into my cpu, spywares, bots, etc.

Norton doesn't need any proggies to keep it updated for free. Just change the date on your computer to the time the subscription is valid. For instance, if your subscription is for September 2003 to September 2004... then simply change the date to any day between those months. If it's July 2005, simply change the year so it's 2004. That fools Norton into allowing you to make your updates. I do it all the time... ;)

Norton Anti-Virus and Ad-aware is good enough for me. I never used McAfee but I've seen it, and it's one ugly program I tell ya. :lol:

Back