Another, "I didn't do it!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
How embarrassing this must be for the GOP.

Espcecially when it appears that other GOP candidates may have something to do with breaking the news.:giggle:

Maybe he is denying it because it never happened. Hmmmm. Quick to judge I see. Even seems an actual judge claimed her accusations were baseless.

Oh ... Well .... Typical leftist strategy the entire nation has gotten sick of.

Yeah, it never happened. That's why the settlements were paid and a confidentiality agreement was demanded. It never happened.:laugh2:

Yeah, it never happened. That's why the settlements were paid and a confidentiality agreement was demanded. It never happened.:laugh2:

Unless you have inside knowledge and verifiable proof .... as for me, I am withholding judgement until an actual accuser materializes (which you claimed was going to happen).

Maybe he is denying it because it never happened. Hmmmm. Quick to judge I see. Even seems an actual judge claimed her accusations were baseless.

There's evidence that it did happen otherwise the settlement would never have happened. It's not easy to bring charges of harassment against one of the higher ups.

As for the nation, I would imagine that they're sick of business as usual and they're angry at both parties if the current headlines and polls are any indication.

The latest statement came from Cain himself. In a tense sidewalk encounter Sunday morning outside the Washington bureau of CBS News — where the Republican contender had just completed an interview on “Face the Nation” — Cain evaded a series of questions about sexual harassment allegations.

Cain said he has “had thousands of people working for me” at different businesses over the years and could not comment “until I see some facts or some concrete evidence.” His campaign staff was given the name of one woman who complained last week, and it was repeated to Cain on Sunday. He responded, “I am not going to comment on that.”

He was then asked, “Have you ever been accused, sir, in your life of harassment by a woman?”

He breathed audibly, glared at the reporter and stayed silent for several seconds. After the question was repeated three times, he responded by asking the reporter, “Have you ever been accused of sexual harassment?”

Cain was president and CEO of the National Restaurant Association from late 1996 to mid-1999. POLITICO learned of the allegations against him, and over the course of several weeks, has put together accounts of what happened by talking to a lengthy roster of former board members, current and past staff and others familiar with the workings of the trade group at the time Cain was there.

In one case, POLITICO has seen documentation describing the allegations and showing that the restaurant association formally resolved the matter. Both women received separation packages that were in the five-figure range.

Read more: Herman Cain accused by two women of inappropriate behavior - Jonathan Martin and Maggie Haberman and Anna Palmer and Kenneth P. Vogel - POLITICO.com

The latest statement came from Cain himself. In a tense sidewalk encounter Sunday morning outside the Washington bureau of CBS News — where the Republican contender had just completed an interview on “Face the Nation” — Cain evaded a series of questions about sexual harassment allegations.

Cain said he has “had thousands of people working for me” at different businesses over the years and could not comment “until I see some facts or some concrete evidence.” His campaign staff was given the name of one woman who complained last week, and it was repeated to Cain on Sunday. He responded, “I am not going to comment on that.”

He was then asked, “Have you ever been accused, sir, in your life of harassment by a woman?”

He breathed audibly, glared at the reporter and stayed silent for several seconds. After the question was repeated three times, he responded by asking the reporter, “Have you ever been accused of sexual harassment?”

Cain was president and CEO of the National Restaurant Association from late 1996 to mid-1999. POLITICO learned of the allegations against him, and over the course of several weeks, has put together accounts of what happened by talking to a lengthy roster of former board members, current and past staff and others familiar with the workings of the trade group at the time Cain was there.

In one case, POLITICO has seen documentation describing the allegations and showing that the restaurant association formally resolved the matter. Both women received separation packages that were in the five-figure range.

Read more: Herman Cain accused by two women of inappropriate behavior - Jonathan Martin and Maggie Haberman and Anna Palmer and Kenneth P. Vogel - POLITICO.com

Now Stieny will have to attack Politico as being a less than a creditable source even though the New York Post is much much less creditable than Politico.

There's evidence that it did happen otherwise the settlement would never have happened. It's not easy to bring charges of harassment against one of the higher ups.

As for the nation, I would imagine that they're sick of business as usual and they're angry at both parties if the current headlines and polls are any indication.

It is quite easy to bring up charges and happenes quite often. Being accused of something does not equate to guilt - but you seem to think it does.

It is quite easy to bring up charges and happenes quite often. Being accused of something does not equate to guilt - but you seem to think it does.

A settlement was paid and a confidentiality agreement was demanded. Why is that necessary in an instance of innocence?:giggle: Why did Cain's story change?

Seems someone here is misrepresenting the facts .... again :roll:

Woman Who Accused Cain Won't Go Public, Lawyer Says - NYTimes.com

(heard in the news yesterday that one of the woman is going public .... ummmm ... ok):

Seems all this "negative publicity" should have at least deterred donations going to Cain's campaign .... but it isn't - he is still in the lead.

(hint: the majority of people are not as stupid as you think they are).

A settlement was paid and a confidentiality agreement was demanded. Why is that necessary in an instance of innocence?:giggle: Why did Cain's story change?

:giggle: There was a student who claimed you abused her 15 years ago. Wanna know who she is?

(see how eerily easy it is to do?)

Source please.

How embarrassing this must be for the GOP.

Actually, it is business as usual in the American political arena. Both sides cheat, lie, steal. Both sides point, blame, accuse.

(heard in the news yesterday that one of the woman is going public .... ummmm ... ok):

Seems all this "negative publicity" should have at least deterred donations going to Cain's campaign .... but it isn't - he is still in the lead.

I like how there is a squabble between Cain and Perry on who released this info. Infighting in the G.O.P. much? Seems no party is immune to this crap. Only the "sheeple" that support one party so vigorously overlook that truth.

If Cain will sign an agreement to abolish the confidentiality agreement, she will go public. Stated in the link I provided. She CANNOT until Cain permits her to do so.

I like how there is a squabble between Cain and Perry on who released this info. Infighting in the G.O.P. much? Seems no party is immune to this crap. Only the "sheeple" that support one party so vigorously overlook that truth.

I believe I brought that up a few posts ago.:) It is his own party that leaked the info.

:giggle: There was a student who claimed you abused her 15 years ago. Wanna know who she is?

(see how eerily easy it is to do?)

Yeah, tell me. I'll be more than happy to go public with it. In fact, I demand it, since you are making the allegation.:cool2: You are about a foot over the line and don't even realize it. Keep going.

You seem to be ignoring the fact that there are legal documents proving that there was a settlement and that Cain was aware of it. He lied. Get over it. These women's identities are known to Cain and to the attorneys and to the employees of the association at the time. Just because you don't know who they are doesn't mean they haven't been identified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back