Another, "I didn't do it!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really , didn't Bill Clinton get elected after his affair in the 'Oral' Office ?
Point taken. To be honest, i don't think Cain has a chance even without the affair thing.

Being pronounced not guilty in a court of law doesn't mean a person isn't guilty, either. It just means there wasn't enough evidence to convict them.

Settlements rarely occur if there is not evidence available that an event occurred. That is why lawyers generally offer a monetary settlement on behalf of the accused. Not making a settlement means going to court. There is something that is going to come out at that trial that they don't want exposed. They are minimizing the risk of going to trial and loosing. It certainly doesn't look good for Cain's claims of innocence.

The one that got me was, "IF they paid a settlement, I didn't know anything about it." Come on. If they paid a settlement to get his ass out of a crack, you can bet they held it over his head for awhile. He got, at the very least, a reprimand for his behavior and a warning that it better never happen again.

Hmmmm .... :hmm:

Generally attorneys know they have no legal leg to stand on, but will go forward with the allegation in hopes of getting some "go away money".

I see you are quick to judge Cain ....I am sure you were at the little meeting too, so you would absolutely have to know what was discussed.

Don't you worry your little head about Cain, he is just a pizza guy :lol:

Oh yeah, and btw, Clarence Thomas didn't do it either.

Generally attorneys know they have no legal leg to stand on, but will go forward with the allegation in hopes of getting some "go away money".

I see you are quick to judge Cain ....I am sure you were at the little meeting too, so you would absolutely have to know what was discussed.

The attorneys for the other side don't usually ask (pay) for a confidentiality agreement if there was no wrongdoing.

The attorneys for the other side don't usually ask (pay) for a confidentiality agreement if there was no wrongdoing.

Well, according to Cain's spokesperson, it was a severance deal. And, yes, signing a confidentiality agreement is standard paractice in disputes.

This is not an opportunity to talk about difficult matters privately or in a closed environment. This is a circus. It's a national disgrace. And from my standpoint, as a black American, it is a high-tech lynching for uppity blacks who in any way deign to think for themselves, to do for themselves, to have different ideas, and it is a message that unless you kowtow to an old order, this is what will happen to you. You will be lynched, destroyed, caricatured by a committee of the U.S. Senate rather than hung from a tree.

- Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas in reference to allegations of sexual harrassment from Anita Hill

Being pronounced not guilty in a court of law doesn't mean a person isn't guilty, either. It just means there wasn't enough evidence to convict them.

Settlements rarely occur if there is not evidence available that an event occurred. That is why lawyers generally offer a monetary settlement on behalf of the accused. Not making a settlement means going to court. There is something that is going to come out at that trial that they don't want exposed. They are minimizing the risk of going to trial and loosing. It certainly doesn't look good for Cain's claims of innocence.

The one that got me was, "IF they paid a settlement, I didn't know anything about it." Come on. If they paid a settlement to get his ass out of a crack, you can bet they held it over his head for awhile. He got, at the very least, a reprimand for his behavior and a warning that it better never happen again.

Not always true.. sometimes a settlement is actually cheaper and less waste of time than taking it to court. Even if the person offering the settle ment wins. It is sometimes cheaper.

They don't have to. It is standard business practice....at least, for the succesfull companies.

Oh yeah, and btw, Clarence Thomas didn't do it either.

That's what they all say, Steiny. But Cain has shot himself in the foot. Made a complete fool of himself with reporters today, and it was all over the news. Oh, well. Another one bites the dust.

Sexual harassment charges against Clinton when he was running for office, marital affair in his second term.

And yet he was re-elected.:wave:

But if you will go back and read, we said affair into his second term. Please, if you are going to participate in a thread I started, read and understand before you post.

And buried by MM when Clinton was running for a first term.

It was? Paula Jones and Gennifer Flowers? Were you hiding under a rock, or were you waiting for "Fair and Balanced" FoxNews to start broadcasting?

It was? Paula Jones and Gennifer Flowers? Were you hiding under a rock, or were you waiting for "Fair and Balanced" FoxNews to start broadcasting?

Right. They were all well-publicized at the time. I remember feature stories in Newsweek and on television. The reason nothing happened and nobody cares/remembers them is because the accusations had no merit and were baseless.

First, there was no Fox News back then. Second, only the tabloids (the same people who exposed John Edwards, Jessie Jackson, etc.) were reporting it. I don't consider the tabloids MM.

Your cat going after the toilet paper is funny! I knew woman that cat that did that! LOL!!

And yet he was re-elected.:wave:

But if you will go back and read, we said affair into his second term. Please, if you are going to participate in a thread I started, read and understand before you post.

When you actually stop misrepresenting facts, maybe I will not have to correct you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back