america is so overrated...

sunlove

Reaction score
another school shooting...
4 wounded, 1 gunman dead...
in cleveland, ohio

FOXNews.com - 5 Hospitalized After Cleveland High School Shooting - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

the gunman was only 14...
and in case you haven't noticed...
only happen in america...
makes you wonder, huh?

let's come to think of it...there are million of poor children living in poorest countries. they have nothing but food, water, and clothes...yet, there are so much love among each other. in america, children get so much more than they really need. competition comes next--who has the best. then hate is formed. pathetic, huh?

4 Hurt, Gunman Killed in Ohio School

4 Hurt, Gunman Killed in Ohio School - AOL News

Why people are so mean to each other?
Especially toward me?
Why can't we be nice?
And then we got Asa Coon shot students at School,
because kids were picking on him.

And then in Wisconsin, a young cop killed his ex girlfriend and friends
cause they called him a "WORTHLESS PIG".

Why can't we be nice to one another?

Especially in this Christian country.

Sometimes I wonder if Christians are not NICE at all, too.

Jesus would love me and let me do film with him, no matter what I look like
or whatever.

Why people can't be nice?

Please don't tell me it is LIFE and we suppose to be mean, bitchy, or jerk
or whatever. No we don't. We need to be nice to each other.

There is indeed no need for competition, but why write the title like that? Why say "only in America?" I take offense to that statement as it defeats the spirit of being non-competitive. I am sure there are murderers of all ages that aren't in America, and most of these things don't even get publicity I bet. There are good people in USA who are trying to change things (not everyone is like Ann Coulter! LOL), and I feel you lumped them in with that violent kid.. yes, I can see what you are frustrated with, but that statement was completely unfair to the rest of us who really want to change things for the better in USA. It is easy to worry about stuff that gets headlined in the news, because they are trying to sell sensation.. but it just shocks people, and distract them from real issues.

What about the poverty and genocides that happen in Africa and other countries, indeed? Women do not even have equal human rights, and can be killed to preserve a family's so called "honor" in Pakistan. I am sure women, men, and children get raped elsewhere in the world, and that is fucked up too. It is the darkest recesses of human nature, regardless of our nationality and age that comes out - America just gets more publicity about it.

There is a buddhist quote about creating inner peace in order to create world peace, so it definitely has to start with each of us at home anywhere in the world.

Our society is failing. We failed our children. We turned our back on God. We are in greater debt. And oh well. Life is sad in America.

Our society is failing. We failed our children. We turned our back on God. We are in greater debt. And oh well. Life is sad in America.

What have YOU done for America and the world? What is your contribution?

What have YOU done for America and the world? What is your contribution?

I can't do anything. People won't let me. Americans took prayers
out of school. Americans won't spank kids in school. 75% of kids
are born out of WEDLOCK. Men destroy this country, cause they
won't take care of their kids. Asa's father, I don't know, but Asa was
in jail for domestic violence against his mother.

Time to have a look at "Bowling for Columbine" again... just to refresh memory and history.....

Copycat from Columbine High. It spreads to some school. Want their names to become famous on news & newspapers ( media ). Attention seekers.

All these things send them to slammer, asylum house, and psychiatry/psychological counselin' for their emotional and mental problems.

let's come to think of it...there are million of poor children living in poorest countries. they have nothing but food, water, and clothes...yet, there are so much love among each other. in america, children get so much more than they really need. competition comes next--who has the best. then hate is formed. pathetic, huh?

It is very sad. But I don't know if the boy, who's name was Asa Coon, got more than he needed. He seemed like a troubled boy who did not get help he needed. I think many kids in America do get more than they need, but for those who have problems, especially mental illness or poverty, they do not get the help or understanding they need.

From the Cleveland Plain Dealer: Who was Asa Coon?

Asa Coon grew up in a family where violence seemed commonplace. His older brother, Stephen, was twice charged with both domestic violence and assault by the time he was 13. He was recently released from prison.

Court records show that his father's whereabouts are largely unknown.

The Department of Children and Family Services was called to the Coon home in 2000 because Asa had burns on his arms and scratches on his forehead.

When he was 12, Asa was charged in Juvenile Court with domestic violence. His mother, Lori, had called the police and told them that Asa slapped her and called her a vulgar name. She had been trying to intervene in a fight between Asa and his twin sister Nicole.

"He's a very hyper kid," said Rachel Metzger, who lives near the Coons. "He's constantly yelling at his mom or anybody else. He's pretty violent."

Once in court, a magistrate ordered Asa to undergo psychological testing and follow the orders of doctors. The magistrate also ordered the family to undergo therapy together.

Asa immediately refused to obey probation rules. He threw the paperwork on the floor and charged out of the office, nearly knocking his mother to the ground.

After that, the magistrate wanted to send Asa to the Youth Development Center in Hudson. While waiting for a spot to open at the center, the boy was placed in the Jones Home, an interim shelter care facility on the West Side. He attempted to kill himself there.

Eventually, Asa was sent to the downtown detention center and placed on two medications, Trazodone, a anti-depressant and sedative and Clonodine, a medicine meant to treat high blood pressure but sometimes used to treat ADHD.

He spent a few days at Laurelwood Hospital before being released to home detention. The Laurelwood staff concluded that Asa had suicidal tendencies and was trying to push all "their buttons." They thought he may be bipolar but agreed he needed more evaluation.

The relationship between the boy and his mother remained combative, Juvenile Court records show. One time, in front of a home detention officer, both of them screamed and cursed at each other because Asa had refused to take his medication.

His home detention officer also noted that the house Asa lived in on West 43rd Street was in a neighborhood plagued by drug trafficking and gangs. He wrote that the Coons' front yard was cluttered with debris and dog feces.

Less than a month after the suicide attempt -- Asa, then a seventh-grader at Thomas Jefferson School -- was suspended for attempting to hurt another student.

"He had issues," a teacher who once worked at the school said yesterday. "I was not surprised at all he was the shooter."

:(

Thank you for share Asa's background, Kaitin. Yes, it's very sad... :(

[sarcasm] America is WAY overrated! I mean we have an occasional school shooting... it's not nearly a safe as the middle east where people are blowing themselves to bits in public every single day!.. or how about China which is so industrialized that people are dying in their 20's because of the pollution in the air? Or how about Uganda where hundreds of 7-12 year old children are kidnapped every day and forced to kill people with guns and knives for the LRA (or else be decapitated while they're still alive)?[/sarcasm]

This whole world is bad, don't fool yourselves.

This wouldn't have happened if the school would pay more attention to these warning signs, ( withdrawal, or feelings of isolation and rejection, bullied or teased, sad , anger and verbal threats ) and if you noticed many of the school shooters have difficult family life and problems with depression and anger and when a child was crying out, and they chose to ignore it instead of helping this child out and if you see a disturbing drawings from a child then you know something is wrong, why ignore it and thinking nothing is wrong?

How many more chidren have to die before the school finally looked into this? I'm tired of hearing every time one of these shootings occurs someone says "OMG something wrong with this child", give me a break, these warning warning were shown the whole time but they choose to ignored them...

The school needs to start focusing on these children and pay more attention to these red flags otherwise they're going to face more children dying in their hands...:(

[sarcasm] America is WAY overrated! I mean we have an occasional school shooting... it's not nearly a safe as the middle east where people are blowing themselves to bits in public every single day!.. or how about China which is so industrialized that people are dying in their 20's because of the pollution in the air? Or how about Uganda where hundreds of 7-12 year old children are kidnapped every day and forced to kill people with guns and knives for the LRA (or else be decapitated while they're still alive)?[/sarcasm]

This whole world is bad, don't fool yourselves.

So... you never saw "Bowling for Columbine"...
Get the DVD... You just need to watch the intro of the DVD, where you can select the chapters..
Go on....

Back