all set.... to.... go...

It looks SO good, I see that they didn't have to shave that much off, like some of them had theirs shave way too much off.

Now, OldNavy, Welcome to the dark side. :giggle:

Congratulations...
Looking good. And the incisions are getting smaller and smaller and closer to the ear... GUess the implants are getting smaller / more flexible...

I remember looking on the WWW and finding big bandages etc..
Then my daughter - bilateral - just has some plasters behind the ear. nothing more....

It shows how fast technology is changing....

yeah i got the small incision than deafscuba98 had. but only one thing i wonder why i have dots on my necks --- but i will find out on tuesday

and i'm glad the technology are doing good and lots better than it used to be.

yeah i got the small incision than deafscuba98 had. but only one thing i wonder why i have dots on my necks --- but i will find out on tuesday

Er...the dots my be the facial nerve clips they put on your neck. I vaguely recall something of the sort on me but it wasn't really noticable.

maybe they were testing you to be the next "mrs frankenstein!" :rofl:
j/k!!!

honestly, i haven't gotten the slightest IDEA!!! that really puzzled me because i never had those! :confused:... so ask your doctor on your next visit! :)

Wow Congratulations ONG, I'm glad you're doing okay, another thing, it is hard to see the pictures clearly, I would like to see how big the cut is, sorry I'm nosey LOL also I noticed they didn't shave your hair at all didn't they?....

Btw, in March let me know how Eric sounds like :giggle:

Wow I am way behind on the news that you got CI. congrats and hope you are doing ok.. Rest well and take it easy! the pics of you look good even with the bandage on :) and the surgery incision look nicely healing.. Cant wait to hear all of the details of your activation. :)

Hello Old Navy Girl,

You don't know me - but I wanted to say congrats on getting your CI. I'm looking fwd to you telling us about how the 'hook on' goes! I am going in on Feb 16th for CI evaluation & am nervous yet excited about the whole process!

Once again, congrats!!! I wish you the best of luck! :)

-DeafMama78

Following your progress..am glad to know you're doing well and seeing how eager your man is anxiously awaiting to make some cool and weird sounds:)lol:)...hoping that you'll continue to have great progress and many wonderful opportunities to hear certain sounds you otherwise may not have heard before...yet, the main thing, your health and it seems like you're doing quite well. Congrats and many good wishes for you in the days, months and years ahead! ;)

~RR

How's everything going with you, Tuna??!! ;) Got any updates Hun?

alrighty, i got my ci activation.... it went well -- too much noisy and i can't recognize all the sounds yet

the only sounds i can recognize is people voices ( talking), door closing, road, heat fan in car if on HIGH.. yikes, people walking, many sounds but i can't recognize all yet... will pick up after i get used to the sounds.

its going good so far.. I will go back on thursday for more mapping and fixing programs... :)

alrighty, i got my ci activation.... it went well -- too much noisy and i can't recognize all the sounds yet

the only sounds i can recognize is people voices ( talking), door closing, road, heat fan in car if on HIGH.. yikes, people walking, many sounds but i can't recognize all yet... will pick up after i get used to the sounds.

its going good so far.. I will go back on thursday for more mapping and fixing programs... :)

That's wonderful - I'm glad that things are starting to pick up for you and it will all come together for you down the road. You'll get the hang of it, eventually. ;)

Im glad everything went well with ur hook up.
The first day i got mine turn on.. everything was all weird sounds.. i was all confused why everything sounds so weird.. the 2nd time i went back for more mapping.. everything got a little better to me..

You will get used to it soon =)

oh.. i had so much fun picking and pesting her with all the awful sounds :D

for example

in the car.. i turn the heat fan to high.. and she hated it :devil:

u still love me right hun?

i went back to audiologist today ---

working on beeps ( low to high pitch sound) finally i'm able to hear more higher pitch like sss and ssshhhh vowels. it s awesome...

and did few words test such as hot dog, baseball, icecream etc... i got 4 out of 6 right. but the vowels are the tough one i ever had. I only got sss and sssh vowel right becasue they're both HIGH pitch and am able to tell. It's very interesting. now i'm able to hear the microwave beeping..

its cool :)

I love reading the comments about activation and new sounds. Lilly is not yet able to tell me what she hears and how things sound. But, lately she tells me if things are too loud. This is very reliving for me because I used to use the blink method. If I make a sound like clapping, and her eyes blink, frequently, its too loud.
When I hear of adults progress with CI, it gives me an idea of what/how Lilly might be hearing.

Back