All about Weddings..

Awauphi

Reaction score
Would you wear a black wedding dress? Black mean death..

White mean pure, innocent virgin.. blue is loyalty.. purple wisdom etc

many colors.. hmm..

If dont have to wear white wedding dress... what is the proper color to wear for wedding?

Would you have a casual wedding? if not..

then how about this..

Wedding Theme? beach, modern, etc.

Would you elope to the wedding destination and get married without family and friends? to save money and hassles?

what do you think? hm....

how about a pink wedding dress?
I don't know, I might not live to see my wedding. :ugh:

lol yeah

miss p get out of this topic it not for ya to screw it up miss p...

i think off white or ivory my sister wore ivory for her wedding and my sister in law white

Mod Note:

Please let's not twist this good thread about by bashing, insulting any member--the best way to handle this is to simply 'ignore' it....when it becomes necessary, report it by clicking on the little triangular shaped icon with a red trim or PM a moderator--

Thank you!

~RR

If, I marry again - it is goin' to be a humble weddin' one for me. Just small ceremony. I don't need a BIG and FANCY weddin'. What important to me is the heart.

I will just wear what is the most comfortable for me. Probably silky purple dress with nice 2 straps on the shoulders. I :dunno: yet. :)

I would rather to wear a beautiful white wedding dress....I can't wait to see RR's face once he sees me walking down! .... :D ..

We're going to have a big wedding, I already asked a few of my close friends to be my bridemaids, but there is one more person I haven't asked yet, but soon I will....just waiting on RR to finish his users line....

My 'wedding' dress definitely won't be white.

When we are having our ceremony, I think I will be in something cool and retro... POLKA DOTS DRESS!!!!!!

;)

But it won't be white, even tho my MIL and mom are pressuring me to get a white dress so I "won't regret it." They said I should just get something "cute and short" white dress, not necessarily a poofy white dress (princess dress).

It is just so wrong for me, in my opinion, to wear white.

Maybe red...burnt orange... something warm.

my dream is just to elope to somewhere in mountain and get married up there just me and my man.. the preacher .. no one else.. am thinking of just having a casual or informal wedding.. nice evening dress-not too fancy .. i dont like big wedding and all of the hassles.. thats not me.. i dont like the fancy dress.. im a TOMBOY! lol.. I HATE dress! hehe.. :P

i have bad experiences of being asked to be part of the wedding too.. one friend asked me to be the bridemaid in her party.. but she changed her mind due to many bridemaids but she asked me nicely in person and 6 months in advance.. and she still wanted me to be part of her wedding.. so i was a book keeper and help out with foods etc.. she apologized to me in person and all that..
then second one asked me to be her maid of honor.. but guess what she did to me?.. 2 weeks before wedding.. she sent me Egreeting card thru email and told me she choose someone else to be her Maid of Honor.. i was so upset .. i couldnt believe it.. 2 yrs later.. she begged me to forgive her.. i told her i will forgive her for that.. but i will never forget what she did to me.. it still hurts me to this day.. but anyway i dont want to have a wedding knowing i will have to have bridemaids and maid of honor.. i dont want to hurt anyone so its better this way by eloping and worry free about anyones feelings .. thats my opinion i guess.. sighs..

I want a white wedding dress, nothing too heavy, just something very light, and for my bouguet, I want all roses. I would love a wedding by the beach near the ocean, That has always been my dream. ;)

1900 - 1949
Monobosom Style Dress

http://www.extension.iastate.edu/textiles/historic.html

I would like to share those link with you all since this wedding relate on this thread. Those sort of black dress, my hubby´s great grandmother wore and use white lace cloth on her hairstyle on her wedding day around 1900.

My hubby´s uncle´s 1st wife wore simple cotton black dress & also use something white lace on her hairstyle too around 1935 to 1940. I saw the pictures of them... wow... Alot of Germans wore black dress on their weddings before WWII time.

I can´t say anything what I wish because I´m still married... :D

My first marriage was in white wedding dress.

My second marriage was in red 2 pieces dress.

I dunno if I want to get marry again. But if I do then I would want western style wedding dress. Along with the horse drawn bugging. :D

Red Roses and Lost Wedding Ring
Submitted by: Barbara of Australia
It is bad luck to use red roses in the bridal bouquet. It will end in the death of a marriage. To lose your wedding ring means to lose your husband. I did both and lost my husband five years after we married in an accident.

of course it is one of the myths to have roses.. but its interesting to read this .. lol.. :)

interesting links, liebling.. thanks for that im gonna look thru.. i didnt finish tho.. ha.. :) i saved it in my fav place.. :)

sara that dress is lovely.. still that is nice for winter wedding dress.. but its not for me.. lol :)

im too simple country girl.. :) hehe

1st marriage, I had very small wedding about 20 people. I wore a nice simple dress.

2nd marriage, I had a fabulous big wedding. I wore an ivory dress. Second wedding is the best ever I had. It was a good plan for us a year. It was a big successful. Yes, it is alot of work but it is worth. :)

Liebling:-))) said:
1900 - 1949
Monobosom Style Dress

http://www.extension.iastate.edu/textiles/historic.html

I would like to share those link with you all since this wedding relate on this thread. Those sort of black dress, my hubby´s great grandmother wore and use white lace cloth on her hairstyle on her wedding day around 1900.

My hubby´s uncle´s 1st wife wore simple cotton black dress & also use something white lace on her hairstyle too around 1935 to 1940. I saw the pictures of them... wow... Alot of Germans wore black dress on their weddings before WWII time.

I can´t say anything what I wish because I´m still married... :D

*pssstt* Liebling.. you may re-vow for your enjoy 2nd memories...
I will.. when comes 7th anniversary and will have wonderful another re-vow means to us strong bond marriage.. :D How's sound to you ?
*wink* (bong your elbow)

Back