AIM Deaf - the deaf AIM chatroom info-bot!

Marlon said:
Dennis. Have you actually ever BEEN in the deaf rooms on AIM in the past year? Given your reply, I highly doubt you have ever spent a DAY there.
I enter plenty of chatrooms, but certainly don't recall entering the "Deaf" chatroom. Obviously, chatrooms with simple names are highly desireable and are going to be hard fought after, violently even. I'm terribly sorry that your friends and your "chatroom regulars" have been the victims of people who are out to ruin everyone else's fun.

Nobody who's an deaf AIM chatroom regular would even agree with you on that.

The only reason for that is because your clique of friends apparently believe that lawlessness is better than being lawful. Now, I do understand that these bad people will also want to join and take over any new chatrooms you guys create, so you create this bot that changes rooms as necessary. Still that leaves SOMEONE in charge of the room, and it's gonna be you. You be careful that power doesn't corrupt YOU.

Even with 'formal' moderators, it always breaks down to 'who is FRIENDS with who' in the end, and it always turns out unfair because someone is doing special favors for someone that are unfair to others...

How cynical of you. Anarchy isn't better, it's far worse. Besides, there are moderators out there who do set up rules for themselves and follow them, even if their own personal feelings would be to ban someone right away. I don't see that happening here, I see you changing the bot in the near future to do certain things like prevent certain names from joining your chatroom.

The only reason for that is because your clique of friends apparently believe that lawlessness is better than being lawful. Now, I do understand that these bad people will also want to join and take over any new chatrooms you guys create, so you create this bot that changes rooms as necessary. Still that leaves SOMEONE in charge of the room, and it's gonna be you. You be careful that power doesn't corrupt YOU.

Just goes to show how LITTLE you know about the situation. Again like I said, have you ever even BEEN there? If you had actually spent a MINUTE there, you would immediately see how clueless all of your statements are.

With my AIM Deaf set up, I dont have any power AT ALL.

What you apparently don't know is, the AIM Deaf bot's screename is on an AIM Account.

AIM accounts CANNOT become moderator, or room owner, even if it's the first one in the room. There is NO 'ban' command available to AIM accounts, it's disabled.

Only people on AOL account screenames that cross over into the AIM chatrooms can become moderators.

Dont you see? It's impossible for even ME to abuse any power, because there's absolutely NO power for me to abuse to begin with anyway. WHOO!

All AIM Deaf does is inform and arrange. Nothing more, nothing less.

How cynical of you. Anarchy isn't better, it's far worse. Besides, there are moderators out there who do set up rules for themselves and follow them, even if their own personal feelings would be to ban someone right away.

You're right anarchy isn't any better, but only when there are other better solutions. When there are absolutely NO OTHER OPTIONS, as is the case with AIM chatrooms as I've explained to you, there's no other choice but to make the best of it anyway you can, and with the tools you're given.

And in AIM chatrooms, one of those tools are called 'ignore' , my friend.

I don't see that happening here, I see you changing the bot in the near future to do certain things like prevent certain names from joining your chatroom.

Ditto. Only if you had a clue that I don't even have the power to do that anyway. =)

Last edited:
dennis u summed things up in every way, im in a room that has NO room owner at anygiven time and one is an aol user that opened the room for us and she doesn't EVEN use the room ban status, cuz she hates those *room owner* bs its just plain stupid and AIMbots is just another ploy to create and flood! RMFE

marlon u really need to get off your high horse and start doing something else aside from being in a chatroom 24/7/365 days a year!

javapride said:
dennis u summed things up in every way, im in a room that has NO room owner at anygiven time and one is an aol user that opened the room for us and she doesn't EVEN use the room ban status, cuz she hates those *room owner* bs its just plain stupid and AIMbots is just another ploy to create and flood! RMFE

marlon u really need to get off your high horse and start doing something else aside from being in a chatroom 24/7/365 days a year!

rofl desi? read what you just typed... it makes absolutely NO sense. Are you just trying to argue with me for the sake of arguing & disagreeing?

Because what you just said has NOTHING to do with our point.

If you're going to argue, at least say something that MAKES SENSE and is LOGICAL.

It's clear to everyone reading these posts that you're just trying to argue and disagree with me on purpose, for no real reason. Making FALSE claims.. "OH ITS SPYWARE!! OHH IT FLOODS!! OH THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!" seriously.... GROW UP.

Me, being in a chatroom 24/7/365? LMAO! Ask around dear, i'm HARDLY EVER in the chatroom. I've been BUSY with LIFE, unlike your buddies who's names I won't even mention.

AIM Deaf doesn't run on my computer, it runs off a webserver in Minnesota - meaning even if i turn my computer off, it'll still be alive.

Why can't I do something NICE for the deaf community so people will all GET ALONG? It is a GOOD THING, don't piss on it.

If you don't like it, then just don't come. =)

:wave: LTNS Marlon if u are the same one from the midwest ;) if u are puzzled as to who i am -- ill be happy to PM u :lol:

as for ur comments in regards to the chatrooms -- i dont go into the chatrooms anymore cuz theyre often found to have wayyyyy too many immature ppl in the chatroom which obviously is a turn off for me and the constant scrolling as well and if i recall correctly, the last time i was ever in the chatroom was back in 2002 or '03 -- cant get in a decent good natured jibing anymore -- best year for me was '97 in the chatroom with a few ppl with whom ive become friends with that year and STILL am friends with to this day even tho many of us dont stay online constantly much these days

i know how AIM its so easy!

im using AIM to my family and friend,my boyfriend also

but you can try for free! its so fun! and also im using my aim on my cellphone to communicate with my family and friend, my boyfriend.

if you are new on AIM but you can check on http://www.netscape.com see tools of AIM downloads for free

http://www.aim.com/

I don't go into chatrooms anymore but thanks for sharing it ;)....

I don't need another AIM Deaf. I go to DeafChat once in a while and that's good enough for me. :thumb:

marlon pls use my user name even if poeple already know it most of the poeple don't know my real name so could u please respect that????? thanks

2nd i ll peek in there tmw but not now i haev to wrk alot my partner needs to be fed u know...

ttyl

Oh, I remember that a long time ago. It was horrible. Lack of communication especially poor language. I would never do again or even other chat online. What a werido!

That post last dated was 2006.. Now its 2008... is it still up?? Cuz I tried that but it wasn't on... just wondering.... I'm kinda of bored now...

That post last dated was 2006.. Now its 2008... is it still up?? Cuz I tried that but it wasn't on... just wondering.... I'm kinda of bored now...
If you're bored, go out! :)

You don't have to depend on deaf chat rooms. ;)

:lol:
The new AIM Deaf chatroom info-bot is now available to the deaf community!

AIM Deaf is a new IM/chatroom service that provides a chatroom on AIM where all deaf are welcome to enter and chat freely with no stupid 'room owner' or 'moderator' to ban them!

HOW TO USE AIM Deaf:

First, add this screen name to your buddy list: AIM Deaf

Then, send an IM to AIM Deaf ....and AIM Deaf will reply with a room name!

To enter the deaf chatroom in AIM:

SIDEKICK USERS - press keys (MENU + J) then type in room name.

COMPUTER USERS - TWO WAYS:
press keys (ALT + C) then type in room name.
-or-
type JOIN in your IM to get a chat invitation

NOTE - The room name CHANGES once in a while. That is the point of AIM Deaf - it's job is to prevent anyone from trying to become 'owner' of the deaf chatroom - this way everyone has FREEDOM to enter and chat!

So ALWAYS REMEMBER to send an IM to AIM Deaf to find out the updated room name!

TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT AIM Deaf!

Back