Afraid to get dirty?

backerman

Reaction score
Simple question.

Are you afraid to get dirty? Some people dont care about getting dirty during there job or something or during a game and some just totally flip out. Question, are you afraid of getting dirty?

I don't care really. For the sports I play, they require me to get dirty. Like football, I'm a tailback and I get tackled like every other play and I get dirt on me and especially if its muddy. So I'm not afraid.

Your thoughts?

I would be afraid to get my nice clothes dirty.. but if I were wearing appriopiate dirt-able clothes, I wouldn't be as nervous.

If there are health emergencies - say, a car goes off into a ditch and the people could be in need of attention immediately and I'm wearing nice clothes..it's pretty muddy and raining. I wouldn't be afraid to get them dirty. It would be worth it.

I do a lot of heavy yard work in the sweaty South, so I get very dirty. I don't mind because after working I get really clean with a nice shower and scrub brush. Body lotion, fresh clothes, and manicure, I am good as new. :)

Getting dirty is good for you. I heard somewhere that being too clean causes people to get more allergies. Get dirty and don't be such a germ-a-phobe. LOL.

no i'm not afraid of getting dirty.... cuz i play with the campers so.. i'm used to it. :)

Me afraid of dirty?

Hmmm I have worked around cars, did overhaul on engine and tranny few times. I have fixed my bike few times, I fix around house. I used to work in machine shop. These tasks have NOT freak me out.

The only thing freaks me out is these grossly bloody, foul smell stuffs things like that, and good example is in morgue.

So you decide if I am afraid of dirty or not.

it just depends on the mood i am :P

if i'm going out ATVing.. i don't mind get dirty cuz of those waterpiles full of mud, etc..

i don't mind get dirty if i have to do a dirty job such at work, home.

but if i'm wearing nice clothes.. I get so picky if i get 1 dirty spot on it.

diehardbiker65 said:
...The only thing freaks me out is these grossly bloody, foul smell stuffs things like that, and good example is in morgue....
Not as bad as a morgue, but changing baby diarhea diapers and cleaning up baby vomit (ummm, strained peas and ham, projectile) is good practice. ;)

nah i aint afraid to get dirty. In fact i love to get dirty heh.. I just take a shower after getting dirty. I work at my grampa often and sometime i had to help my dad fix the tractor which makes me get very dirty quick but it was worth it cuz i can learn about it hehe..

It depends on the situation. If I was working at an office job, I would avoid getting dirty. If I was mowing the lawn, I wouldn't care. If I was playing sports, I wouldn't care.

My answer is I'm not afraid of being dirty. Rather I don't like way people treat others after they see a person with dirt on them.

Most people commend people who keep a clean and polished look, and say nothing about those who have dirt on them.

I am not afraid of dirt nor germ. I work in a medical laboratory where we have to deal with blood, bodily fluids, bodily wastes, tissue extracts, etc... Granted, we do wear lab coats, gloves and masks, but we are always washing our hands and cleaning our workstations with disinfectants.

I love working the garden, and I always work without gloves. It feels so good to squeeze the dirt in the hands. On the other hand, my SO always wear his lab gloves when working in the garden. I have joked to him about it from time to time. :-P

The only thing I would be afraid to touch is like acid or something poisonous. I don't worry about keeping my clothes clean; I dress appropriately for the situation and expect the consequences. For example, I won't be wearing my nice dress pants and shirt when I am working in the garden, obviously. ;)

No, I'm not afraid of getting dirty. It depends on my mood, dirt makes my hand feel brittle and dry, so moisture is very important! I do lot of gardening work with my parents when I lived with them when I was younger. :)

I'm not afraid of being dirty, but I can't deal with sweat at all. The ironic part is I'm afraid of letting my 20 months old daughter dirty!

I would mind to get dirty if I have to do my job duty.

Just bring spare clean clothes with me while working and get dirty in despite of that. After finish work then take a shower and change clothes and put dirty clothes do the laundry. if stuck won't come off then use it same one at work. I do laundry everyday in the earlier morning. dirty is not hurt me.

Katzie said:
I'm not afraid of being dirty, but I can't deal with sweat at all. The ironic part is I'm afraid of letting my 20 months old daughter dirty!

yea my 19 mos old loves to get dirty !! constantly giving bath!

im not afraid to get dirty! i hate my sweats!

Wendy

I'm usually not afraid to get my clothes and hands dirty. Depends on what I'm doing, like gardening, fishing, cleaning up house, sitting on grass outside, go hiking, etc, then I don't mind getting dirty at all. But when i'm dressed up to go somewhere special or church, I do my best to keep my clothes spotless. When my casual clothes gets dirty, washer becomes handy so is shower, shampoo and soap. Then after that, powder myself with Jean Nate...mmm smells fresh and lovely! :fruit:

nah... my hubby had a Wrangler Jeep. we would drive off road in beach or dirt path.. we all would end up with dirt/mud. you name it all.. mud is good for ya though....

I'm always dirty bec i have two little boys, age 3 and 1, they get messy and once you pick them up, you get messy.. can't complain....it is not end of world. no big deal abt dirt...

there is products such as stain removers..

Depends on what clothes I'm wearing. If I'm weaing some good clothes of mine. I do mind getting dirty. But if I'm wearing something old, loose, and trashy, I say "the dirtier, the better."

Back