AD Newsletter

Alex

Administrator
Staff Member
Reaction score
I've thought about this for a while but never had the time to discuss it with my fellow ADers until now.

Before I begin, I want everyone to know that I have pondered about the notion of mass mailing my members about AD upgrades, downtime, new projects or anything related to AllDeaf that might benefit to you without "spamming."

The newsletter will be distributed once or twice a month, and you will always have the option to unsubscribe when you're not interested. The reason behind this is simple -- communicating with all members as well as increasing traffic to AllDeaf.com.

Please share your opinions and thoughts about this. Thanks.

I would like to have my own "Thought of the day" added to each newsletter.

that would be a wonderful idea alex! go for it We should have one to help fellow aders with more informations!

I think that would be an ecellent idea. You can keep us informed on the plans for upgrades and if we have concerns or comments, we could direct it to you and perhaps even help out with the ideas.

Yeah, Alex...that sounds like a fantastic idea! It certainly would keep us all in the mainstream and be up to date on what's happening with AD and so forth. :)

How about instead sending everybody a PM "newsletter" once a month on AD info/status/et al. Save email for site emergencies. just my opinion. :|

bush maybe its cuz some poeple are not able to get to AD quick enuff and what if AD was down and we couldn t have access to the newsletter? its best this way so if last minute situation happen alex can e mail us the info so we will know without getting upset abt this u know?

javapride said:
bush maybe its cuz some poeple are not able to get to AD quick enuff and what if AD was down and we couldn t have access to the newsletter? its best this way so if last minute situation happen alex can e mail us the info so we will know without getting upset abt this u know?

java, that's why I suggested emergencies only. if the site goes down he can send us an email :).

BUT look at it this way
a first month warning of a downtime would be innovative and end of the month type of wrap session where we throw feedbacks to Aders memvbers and moderators and alex can talk abt things like the repuations or the concept of maybe wanting us to know abt history of AD or something like that i for one am all for him emailing me any given time not have to be JUST for emegergencies cuz AD is for EVERYONE and alex isn t spamming it and we do have the option to unsubscribe with an option of emergency like downtime can keep that info so we would be aware of it. thats an suggestion.

Who'll take care of the finance situation in here by mailing newsletters? Like Stamps, publishing, etc.

ChelEler said:
Who'll take care of the finance situation in here by mailing newsletters? Like Stamps, publishing, etc.

I seriously doubt it would cost money to deliver the AD Newsletter to your email. ;)

Deaf258 said:
I seriously doubt it would cost money to deliver the AD Newsletter to your email. ;)
Oh, E-mail. I thought snail mail. Alex didn't say specifically, did he?

Yeah... emailing us newsletters would be a good idea. In it, you could have news, birthdays, etc. You could also have "13 new members joined since *date here*". That would be kewl.

:thumb: GREAT idea Alex!!!!!! id definately subscribe to the AD newsletter for any important updates and etc :D

yeah to know what's up here than coming here all the time for what? :P so saves our time and hassles to get in here ;)

I would like to suggest, sent maybe 1 time a week, plus to people who sign up to NEWSLETTER.

Or u can do this way, u put once a month, once a week, everyday or never to those people who signed up for.

Just a thought... suggestion..what u think?

Once a week?? Eeek. I don't want my email to get full so fast! Once a month is ideal.

Deaf258 said:
Once a week?? Eeek. I don't want my email to get full so fast! Once a month is ideal.
Yeah, once a month sounds better than once a week. Most updates occur every couple months. New news also occur at least twice a month. That's why monthly sounds better than weekly. I'm sure that many of us might say "yes" to weekly but after getting it for a couple months, we might be annoyed by it already. Heh!

Back