A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part III

1157401_969670243068566_5533982392833970980_n.jpg

Zumba class was awesome! Good seeing my teacher bring back all her old stuff and we had a blast! She's visiting for a few days.

:wave:

it's been a while since I last posted. My gf and I were in Key West last weekend for my friend's wedding. My brother txted me, saying that Cookie (our dog) had a seizure and it was a pretty bad one. He was semi-responsive and the length of seizure was longer than usual. He took him to ER and after a night, Cookie was recovering and seemed fine. And then several hours later on Sunday evening, his health rapidly deteriorated and the vet hooked him up with aggressive treatment. The blood test revealed that he had acute pancreatitis. After hearing this update, I told him to let him go in peace and he didn't want to. The vet repeatedly urged strongly that letting him go was the best option. So I said fine and I preferred to let my brother makes a decision himself to let him go so that he can move on easily and not feel any regret or harbor any anger like "why didn't we try more? what if he survived?".

I already knew in my heart that Cookie was done for and he's lived a very long good life - 13 years. a few hours passed by and still no sign of improvement. the fluid was starting to fill up his lungs. I told my brother again that Cookie was in great pain and there was no chance of recovery. He still wanted to hold on more and was not emotionally ready to let him go. I contacted my good friend and my brother's best friend to go see him because I knew he would like some moral support. It was now past midnight and we set up facetime with my mom in Korea and me in Florida so that we can say goodbye to him and watch him to his final moment. couple hours past midnight, my brother was ready to let him go but my mom wasn't. I could hear Cookie whining because it was very difficult for him to breathe. He had an oxygen cone to his nose.

Finally at 4am, we let him go in peace. the pix below was the final moment. the vet made a paw print and we cremated him couple days later. his ash is still in the urn and we're still deciding on what to do with it. RIP Cookie.

947334_10106138832671999_6080190522346679371_n.jpg

it's been a while since I last posted. My gf and I were in Key West last weekend for my friend's wedding. My brother txted me, saying that Cookie (our dog) had a seizure and it was a pretty bad one. He was semi-responsive and the length of seizure was longer than usual. He took him to ER and after a night, Cookie was recovering and seemed fine. And then several hours later on Sunday evening, his health rapidly deteriorated and the vet hooked him up with aggressive treatment. The blood test revealed that he had acute pancreatitis. After hearing this update, I told him to let him go in peace and he didn't want to. The vet repeatedly urged strongly that letting him go was the best option. So I said fine and I preferred to let my brother makes a decision himself to let him go so that he can move on easily and not feel any regret or harbor any anger like "why didn't we try more? what if he survived?".

I already knew in my heart that Cookie was done for and he's lived a very long good life - 13 years. a few hours passed by and still no sign of improvement. the fluid was starting to fill up his lungs. I told my brother again that Cookie was in great pain and there was no chance of recovery. He still wanted to hold on more and was not emotionally ready to let him go. I contacted my good friend and my brother's best friend to go see him because I knew he would like some moral support. It was now past midnight and we set up facetime with my mom in Korea and me in Florida so that we can say goodbye to him and watch him to his final moment. couple hours past midnight, my brother was ready to let him go but my mom wasn't. I could hear Cookie whining because it was very difficult for him to breathe. He had an oxygen cone to his nose.

Finally at 4am, we let him go in peace. the pix below was the final moment. the vet made a paw print and we cremated him couple days later. his ash is still in the urn and we're still deciding on what to do with it. RIP Cookie.

((HUGS))

it's been a while since I last posted. . . RIP Cookie.

Oh, I'm sorry that little Cookie is gone. I know he was precious to you, and I enjoyed seeing your pictures together. I always thought it was sweet how tough-guy Jiro had that soft spot for the tiny fur ball.

My condolences to you and your family. :grouphug:

Jiro, Sorry to hear about your dog... My condolences.

I'm so sorry about your dog! I loved seeing him in your dinner pictures. :(

I had Finlay cremated too and I have written in my will that I want to be cremated too and have Finlay and my ashes mixed together and taken to Finlay
favorite place and throw out toward the river. The lawyer wrote , that our ashes should be mixed together well . . It is so sad about your dog . :( My daughter had to put
their cat down this week b/c he has gotten very sick again and wasn't getting better.

I'm worth absolutely nothing. I post on my own Facebook page different fundraising event that I would like to attend. No one indicated any interest attending them with me. Therefore, I didn't go. They lose some money because I'm not there to pay for my date and me. Someone better make me a priority because I'm not worth a damn right now.

I'm worth absolutely nothing. I post on my own Facebook page different fundraising event that I would like to attend. No one indicated any interest attending them with me. Therefore, I didn't go. They lose some money because I'm not there to pay for my date and me. Someone better make me a priority because I'm not worth a damn right now.
3f2c238f9799cad858181e23deb0dc9e.jpg

the-only-think-keeping-you-from-being-happy-is-the-belief-that-you-are-alone.jpg

Last edited:
Back