A Thread About Absolutely Nothing! Part III

If I remember that type of crane correctly, they are kinds small, right? Small like maybe bigger than crows....

No, they're actually bigger than that. I have tons of photos at home that I shot last year, but I'm at work right now, so here's just a sample image that I found online. When they are standing full upright, their head comes up to close to my shoulder. (Or least it seems like -- they are shorter than the bird feeder I have, but the bird feeder is taller than my head.)

cranedance.jpg

Sandhill-Cranes.jpg

Last edited:
No, they're actually bigger than that. I have tons of photos at home that I shot last year, but I'm at work right now, so here's just a sample image that I found online. When they are standing full upright, their head comes up to close to my shoulder. (Or least it seems like -- they are shorter than the bird feeder I have, but the bird feeder is taller than my head.)

cranedance.jpg

cranedance.jpg

Sandhill-Cranes.jpg

Sandhill-Cranes.jpg

Oh, wow, beautiful bird......I have the wrong critter in mind....I'll try to come up with what bird I was thinking of.......thanks, AC

P.S. Off topic a bit...one of the lakes around Faribault (Shields Lake...on an island) was home to a few whooping cranes in my youth...I should look up at to whether or not they are now completely extinct.......

Just did a rough calculation of how much walking I did on Tuesday in D.C. A minimum of 5-1/2 miles. No wonder I was beat by the middle of the day.

Cappy, I think we are in the ball park but not sure if there are sandpipers in Minnesota.....

Stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

I feel so harsh saying that but honestly, some people just need a good whack to the head :evil:

Got a team to drop pounds and we are all on!
Water, eat right right and plenty of workouts.

#challenge#droppounds#getfit#Usana#lift#

The Sandhill Cranes are here!! Soooo thrilled! Right now they are parked on a cornfield about 1/8 mile away, I can see them with binoculars. Right now we're only seeing 1 as opposed to last year's 2. So maybe not the same family. We'll see how things progress. This is a full 2 weeks ahead of last year's mating dance so it's still early yet.

Back