A Techie Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

Got another BSOD earlier right after SallyLou tried to call me via P3. Got the codes and sent Naisho and email. He went to TeamViewer and did all kinds of things. All I can say is, it was something to do with the Nividia drivers again, but somehow I also lost my network drivers. Well, luckily, I have the netbook as well, so he emailed me the 2 links for downloads, I got them saved to the flash drive and then installed them on the desktop. I am back online. I have been able to watch videos without problems and so far, so good.

Sorry about heard.

RAM passed, HDD passed, no virus found then probably bad device or Vista.

Try unplugged all USBs or other as webcam, scanner, printer, keyboard, mouse,USB flash,digital camera, usb extension hdd, etc, it's very rare that bad devices cause BSOD. I hope you have extra keyboard/mouse. If no problem found then.

Fresh install to Windows 7.

Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit - Operating Systems with cheap hardware as RAM or flash usb or whatever.

I am member of newegg since 2004 and way cheap than any shop as best buy, Compusa, etc.

I have a question for you. What's your computer spec or computer model?

Don't waste your money to repair it. Just get a new iMac so that it will last for a long time. I saw my friend's laptop with XP window, and I could not believe that it is so lousy operating system. Nothing is free so you will be a lot happier with the iMac. If you want to stick with your old computer, you will see the difference with your money.

Don't waste your money to repair it. Just get a new iMac so that it will last for a long time. I saw my friend's laptop with XP window, and I could not believe that it is so lousy operating system. Nothing is free so you will be a lot happier with the iMac. If you want to stick with your old computer, you will see the difference with your money.

True, I use Macbook for over four years and I have no problem with OSX and I love it already.

Apple - Mac mini - Even more powerful. Even more affordable.

Mac Mini is more afford than iMac. I don't like that idea for built-in LCD. One of my customer own old iMac and hdd died then it take me around 2 hours to apart iMac for clean dusts off and replaced a new hdd. Other alldeaf user here own iMac and she have vertical lines issue and I told her it's not worth to repair and she bought another LED from newegg then connect to her iMac. She is very happy with it so far.

The built-in LCD for iMac is very expensive as $600 and it's outdated.

661-4671 LCD Display Panel - 20inch 2.4-2.66GHz iMac Early 2008 A1224

Brand new External LED for $90.

Newegg.com - Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" 5ms LED Backlight Widescreen LCD Monitor 250 cd/m2 ACM 100,000,000:1 (1000:1)

I have a question for you. What's your computer spec or computer model?

Here's what I have:
Acer Aspire x1700-U3700A

E2220 Intel Pentium Dual Core

4GB DDR2 memory

640GB SATA Hard Disk

Super Multi Drive

SN# PTSBF0X019917034FA3000

SNID# 91701356230

When I go to Control Panel and go to System:

Windows Vista Home Premium

Service Pack 2

Rating 1.0

Processor: Intel (R) Pentium (R) Dual CPU E2220 @2.40GHz 2.40 GHz

Memory(RAM) 4.00 GB

System Type: 64-bit operating system

Here's what it looks like.

Acer Aspire AX1700-U3700A Desktop PC 2.4GHz 640GB DVDRW - $375.

Here's what I have:
Acer Aspire x1700-U3700A

4GB DDR2 memory

640GB SATA Hard Disk

Super Multi Drive

SNID# 91701356230

Service Pack 2

Rating 1.0

Memory(RAM) 4.00 GB

This computer is not good. My friend s computer as yours was broken down. She bought new Compac desktop PC.

True, I use Macbook for over four years and I have no problem with OSX and I love it already.

Apple - Mac mini - Even more powerful. Even more affordable.

Mac Mini is more afford than iMac. I don't like that idea for built-in LCD. One of my customer own old iMac and hdd died then it take me around 2 hours to apart iMac for clean dusts off and replaced a new hdd. Other alldeaf user here own iMac and she have vertical lines issue and I told her it's not worth to repair and she bought another LED from newegg then connect to her iMac. She is very happy with it so far.

The built-in LCD for iMac is very expensive as $600 and it's outdated.

661-4671 LCD Display Panel - 20inch 2.4-2.66GHz iMac Early 2008 A1224

Brand new External LED for $90.

Newegg.com - Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" 5ms LED Backlight Widescreen LCD Monitor 250 cd/m2 ACM 100,000,000:1 (1000:1)

Yes, but Macs are pricy so they are not meant to be used by everyone. I bought a Macbook with a 13 inch screen 5 years ago. I could not read after a while and my eyes started aching. A return to PC with a 15 inch screen one year later solved the issue.

BTW, I am not a Windows person but a Linux person: the kind of people who like to do everything themselves, who value freedom and who can accept some degree of failure.

Here's what I have:
Acer Aspire x1700-U3700A

4GB DDR2 memory

640GB SATA Hard Disk

Super Multi Drive

SNID# 91701356230

Service Pack 2

Rating 1.0

Memory(RAM) 4.00 GB

Your computer looks good spec and it's should works smooth with Windows 7.

This computer is not good. My friend s computer as yours was broken down. She bought new Compac desktop PC.

Well, My computer is E6600 @2.40GHz (dual cores), 4gig of ram, 460 GTX and Windows 7 64bit ultimate and I have no problem with it for edit video and gamer for over two years. I bought used E6600 and 460GTX for almost 60% less price.

Not everyone may have same problem. I feels that Vista is most fault.

Yes, but Macs are pricy so they are not meant to be used by everyone. I bought a Macbook with a 13 inch screen 5 years ago. I could not read after a while and my eyes started aching. A return to PC with a 15 inch screen one year later solved the issue.

BTW, I am not a Windows person but a Linux person: the kind of people who like to do everything themselves, who value freedom and who can accept some degree of failure.

Sorry to heard about your eyes. You can use Macbook Pro 15" or 17"

I am a Windows person for desktop as edit video and gamer and I am a Mac person for Macbook (Perfect for travel and great battery life) for IT job (call only).

Which Linux you like? I like Ubuntu.

Sorry to heard about your eyes. You can use Macbook Pro 15" or 17"

It is just fine otherwise. The first 10 years after buying my first glasses, I had to change the glass every 12 months. It was partly due to that,

I am a Windows person for desktop as edit video and gamer and I am a Mac person for Macbook (Perfect for travel and great battery life) for IT job (call only).

Which Linux you like? I like Ubuntu.

Kubuntu (Ubuntu with the KDE graphical environment) is my distribution of choice.

Nowadays, I have a 16 inch "block of concrete" laptop, a desktop replacement. I use it mainly for programming (CPU-intensive stuff) and surfing on the web.

What is the size of your screen and the weight of your laptop?

Last edited:
It is just fine otherwise. The first 10 years after buying my first glasses, I had to change the glass every 12 months. It was partly due to that,

Kubuntu (Ubuntu with the KDE graphical environment) is my distribution of choice.

Nowadays, I have a 16 inch "block of concrete" laptop, a desktop replacement. I use it mainly for programming (CPU-intensive stuff) and surfing on the web.

What is the size of your screen and the weight of your laptop?

My Macbook is 13" and around 5 lb. It's got 7 hours of battery life. I am thinking to buy a Macbook Air 13" next year or this summer. My wife own it with SSD for 4 years. She love it so much.

My Macbook is 13" and around 5 lb. It's got 7 hours of battery life. I am thinking to buy a Macbook Air 13" next year or this summer. My wife own it with SSD for 4 years. She love it so much.

Some rumors said that Apple may not make MacBook Pro 13 anymore. Newer MacBook Air will include Ivy Bridge processer and long life battery pack. But SDD is small hard drive as 126GB or 256GB and expensive than HDD drive. I need more than 500GB. I believe that newer Macbook Air price would be too costly between $1500 and $2000.

Some rumors said that Apple may not make MacBook Pro 13 anymore. Newer MacBook Air will include Ivy Bridge processer and long life battery pack. But SDD is small hard drive as 126GB or 256GB and expensive than HDD drive. I need more than 500GB. I believe that newer Macbook Air price would be too costly between $1500 and $2000.

Please dont post anything about rumors because it may become kind annoying since it's sounds so negative in the way.

It's SSD and it is not hard drive, it's calls the capacity. Keeps a mind. SSD is very better performance and power efficiency than HDD. My wife own Macbook Air with 64GB and it is not even full yet after four years. 500GB on the macbook is very BAD IDEA and high risk due lost, steal, accident drop and you lost everything in single device. That's what External Hard Drives with RAID for.

It's wont be over $1700 in future and probably $1200 or less due moore's law.

Like two years ago. 2GB flash USB cost $20. Right now 16GB flash USB cost $20. Same idea like around $300 for 128GB SSD in 2010 and right now,the 128GB SSD cost is $189.

Last edited:
Please dont post anything about rumors because it may become kind annoying since it's sounds so negative in the way.

It's SDD and it is not hard drive, it's calls the capacity. Keeps a mind. SSD is very better performance and power efficiency than HDD. My wife own Macbook Air with 64GB and it is not even full yet after four years. 500GB on the macbook is very BAD IDEA and high risk due lost, steal, accident drop and you lost everything in single device. That's what External Hard Drives with RAID for.

It's wont be over $1700 in future and probably $1200 or less due moore's law.

Like two years ago. 2GB flash USB cost $20. Right now 16GB flash USB cost $20. Same idea like around $300 for 128GB SSD in 2010 and right now,the 128GB SSD cost is $189.

Yes. I m wrong about SDD. should be SSD. :) I will see to happen about newer MacBook Air series (13", 15" and 17") this year.

Update on my computer issues. Yes, I am still getting BSOD's here and there. Naisho found something for me and I have been downloading the files for use. Also, Ash Arp has a CD with my OS on it. It is being sent to me.

I am staying with Vista mainly because I don't have the money to upgrade right now. We will be cleaning off the internal hard drive and a fresh install. I am currently moving files after they are scanned for viruses to my external hard drive getting ready. I will re-download, Skype, P3, ooVoo, MSN messenger, AIM Blast, Weather Channel desktop, and Microsoft Security Essentials when we are done. Oh Joy!!

Hopefully, this will take care of the issues.

Am currently using my netbook as my desktop is undergoing a total reinstall of the OS. Naisho is helping me, step by step. Google Chat of the netbook while I do the work. : )

Funny thing here, Windows had 109 updates to install. We are on 99 right now. WOW!!!

Yep, that is common for original Vista, same thing with Windows 7, if I have original Windows 7, we get about 99 Updates.. but that is not all. Once that done, then service pack 1 need to update, then post service pack 1 update required. Sucks!!

Okay - got another BSOD. I sent Naisho an email and I am posting it here as well.

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
***STOP 0X0000003B (I didn't write out the rest as I broke the lead on the pencil and my desk is a mess.)

Back