A Techie Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

To be honest with you, the quickest solution is to have remotely access to your computer then I can go into the msconfig and check out the hardware set up and such. That what I did to many people here and usually solved within hour.

Or to get fresh re-install your Vista. My opinion, I hate Vista...LOL I recomended to upgrade Windows 7. 7 are the most stable OS than Vista.

Sounds a good idea... Why not...

In the process of copying most of the files and pictures and scans from my internal hard drive to the external hard drive. They are also being scanned by the anti-virus program as well. I'm not as worried about the programs since I can either re-download them or I have the CDs required.

Typed this up once already, but AD died before saving it. Here we go again.
I would like to upgrade from Vista, but I’m not sure I can afford it. All my extra money is going to the new house.
I do not have a disc with my OS on it. It was pre-loaded onto the computer. I do however have all the info after sitting on the floor with a magnifying glass and getting it all for Naisho.
Here is what Naisho said in an email: At this point, I'd re-install the OS just to be sure the cause isn't software side. With a clean fresh install, if it ever blue screens then you can be 99% sure that the cause is not from the software, and it is definitely something wrong with the hardware. We just don't know what it is.
I do have TeamViewer and Naisho did use it to help get my Google Chrome to work again. If you want to have a look around and use TeamViewer, I can PM you the codes to get in. I will need to wait until I get my new modem/router from AT&T hooked up tomorrow. It was just delivered today. My modem is defective and goes offline every now and then.
Let me know.

Yes, It's understandable about cost involved. That is why I brought it up about remotely access to your computer to see if we can fix it or trying to rule out if it's hardware or not.

What you can do is to play around during safe mode to see if it's anything related to software. The only problem is that screen resolution will be huge! LOL but worth a try to play around and such. I don't know if you know how to get into safe mode?

Just let me know when you can get your internet up and running. Then you can PM me to retreive your passcode.

Oh..I forgot to add one more thing... does it usually happen after your screen saver? Like if you move your mouse or tapped your keyboard and your screen start going out of the screen saver and suddenly you get BSOD?

I do know how to get to Safe Mode. Man, I have been to Safe Mode so much these past few weeks, I feel like it's a 2nd home at times. I also know how to do a System Restore when needed as I have done that a lot.

Just finished setting up the new AT&T Wireless Gateway modem/router. So far, all is good and my kids have their DSi XL's and we have the Acer netbook all running with the woreless now and they are happy campers. Just as a side note, the netbook has Windows XP on it.

I will PM you the details on my TeamViewer and give you my email. This way, you can let me know when you are ready.

SneakerNet has now been on TeamViewer to look at my system and all. We found no issues with my hard drive and some settings in my screen saver area were changed. Made sure drivers were updated and taken care of. We shall see what may or may not happen.

SneakerNet has now been on TeamViewer to look at my system and all. We found no issues with my hard drive and some settings in my screen saver area were changed. Made sure drivers were updated and taken care of. We shall see what may or may not happen.

and one additional thing that Hard drive sleep mode was set at 20 minutes, I disable it. HD going to sleep is one of the culprit of getting into BSOD.

Okay - BSOD just happened.

I was on FaceBook and had clicked to see a video from GodVine and it crashed in the middle.

***STOP: 0X0000001E (0XFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0XFFFFFA600369B658, 0X0000000000000000, 0XFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)

*** dxgkrnl.sys - address FFFA600369B658 base at FFFFFA6003681000, Datestamp 4d384226

Okay - BSOD just happened.

I was on FaceBook and had clicked to see a video from GodVine and it crashed in the middle.

***STOP: 0X0000001E (0XFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0XFFFFFA600369B658, 0X0000000000000000, 0XFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF)

*** dxgkrnl.sys - address FFFA600369B658 base at FFFFFA6003681000, Datestamp 4d384226

New computer is needed there.

According to Bottesini, your computer is shot. :lol:

Well, ya know - the gator up the road just refuses to take it from me. He claims he only wants little puppies.
oops, that was not intended. He is eating all the fish and seems that someone dumped a load of sneakers in the canal.

No virus issue, no hdd issue, then must be Vista issue or RAM.

and one additional thing that Hard drive sleep mode was set at 20 minutes, I disable it. HD going to sleep is one of the culprit of getting into BSOD.

Did you test her RAM yet?

Here's the latest update about her computer, she been getting all kind of errors, when I tried to fix one thing, new error message came up on BSOD, this time was usbhub.sys. It's like cat and mouse game. So, I finally told her, best to do a complete fresh install.

No virus issue, no hdd issue, then must be Vista issue or RAM.

Did you test her RAM yet?

Naisho had me run something called memtest or something like that and my RAM is fine. No error. It went through 9 passes with nothing. We set it to run, then let it go all night.

I got another BSOD error last night. Actually it was daughter and she was only playing solitaire. This time is was just all zeroes and x's with a 1. That's all. (I forgot to write it down, I was getting ready for church).

Got another BSOD earlier right after SallyLou tried to call me via P3. Got the codes and sent Naisho and email. He went to TeamViewer and did all kinds of things. All I can say is, it was something to do with the Nividia drivers again, but somehow I also lost my network drivers. Well, luckily, I have the netbook as well, so he emailed me the 2 links for downloads, I got them saved to the flash drive and then installed them on the desktop. I am back online. I have been able to watch videos without problems and so far, so good.

Got another BSOD earlier right after SallyLou tried to call me via P3. Got the codes and sent Naisho and email. He went to TeamViewer and did all kinds of things. All I can say is, it was something to do with the Nividia drivers again, but somehow I also lost my network drivers. Well, luckily, I have the netbook as well, so he emailed me the 2 links for downloads, I got them saved to the flash drive and then installed them on the desktop. I am back online. I have been able to watch videos without problems and so far, so good.

I think that Vista is not good. You should get new PC.

I think that Vista is not good. You should get new PC.

Actually, I am thinking of just putting money together if possible to upgrade to Windows 7. PC itself is good in my opinion, but then again, I'm not even up to the level of some of you being computer literate.

No problems after this last go round. We will see.

Back