A Techie Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

So far, for the last 2 1/2 years I have had no problem with Weather Bug. Only thing is, Weather Bug and Weather Channel differ by up to 10 degrees on my local temperature. Right now, weather bug has 75F and weather channel has 72F.

Well, should remove out Weather Bug because some virus hit PC.

By start up programs, I am assuming you mean the ones that pop up automatically when logging on.

If so, that's a medium sized list of stuff, but never had issues and most of them have been updated.

Weather Bug, The Weather Channel, AIM, MSN IM, Skype, OoVoo, P3, and then the usual Windows stuff.

Using Skype, Oovoo, P3..the possibility is the webcam driver that can hanged the graphic card, since the webcam driver loaded during the boot time and will aways active and ready for those 3 apps. Just a various possibilities.

Just got the "blue screen" again. Here are the codes:

***STOP: 0X0000003B (0X00000000C0000005, 0XFFFFFA6002AB4A56, 0XFFFFFA600CBCFF60, 0X0000000000000000)

***nvlddmkm.sys - Address FFFFFA6002AB4A56 base at FFFFFA6002A0C000, date stamp 4cc73a68

Any ideas?

##edit to add - Naisho says this points to a possible video card issue, so I am downloading updated drivers for my video card.

If that fails, Its time to reload your OS from scratch. If this fails, you know you got a hardware issue. I'd just replace memory at that point.

Got another blue screen last night after I was asleep. Daughter did not leave computer alone, she rebooted and I lost the info. Will see what happens. I may go totally offline for myself and leave this for the family to trash in their own way.

I had Weather Bug before and it gave me a lot issue all times. I uninstalled it. It was happen in 2005 or early. right now, no idea.
Years ago I had Weather Bug but I got rid of it. It carries too much baggage.

A few years ago, I had a Weather Bug on my old computer. I never allow this software on my new computer. I really think that this software infected it. Actually, if it is totally updated new version, I am not willing to install it.

Have now uninstalled Weather Bug due to a lot of the comments here. Thank you everyone for being helpful.

Have now removed Trend Micro Titanium 2012 and installed Microsoft Security Essentials.

Last edited:
Just an update here. Got another blue screen. Actually two of them, but the first was late last night after I was in bed. Daughter just basically turned it all off then back on after 5 minutes then went back to playing her game. She was logged into IE and had a YouTube video playing and was also playing some game on Visual Boy Advance which allows you to have old Game Boy Advance games on your PC. It went down after about 2 hours of that.

Today, she got the blue screen again, but this time, she was not on the internet. She was playing her Sims 2 game which is a CD/DVD PC game. Here's the code that came up on that:

***STOP 0X00000024 (0X00000000000C0859, 0X0000000000000000, 0X0000000000000000, 0X0000000000000000)

Ah. Damn Nvidia. My friend have same problem on his Windows 7.

Use driver sweeper to clean bad driver off. First do driver sweeper ( Guru3D - Driver Sweeper) at normal Windows Vista then do again at safe mode then download new driver from World Leader in Visual Computing Technologies | NVIDIA

The download links are not available. The webpage said the program has discontinued now. I would get that program for later updates.

[edit] I found it at the source. http://phyxion.net/Driver-Sweeper/Driver-Sweeper/

Just an update here. Got another blue screen. Actually two of them, but the first was late last night after I was in bed. Daughter just basically turned it all off then back on after 5 minutes then went back to playing her game. She was logged into IE and had a YouTube video playing and was also playing some game on Visual Boy Advance which allows you to have old Game Boy Advance games on your PC. It went down after about 2 hours of that.

Today, she got the blue screen again, but this time, she was not on the internet. She was playing her Sims 2 game which is a CD/DVD PC game. Here's the code that came up on that:

***STOP 0X00000024 (0X00000000000C0859, 0X0000000000000000, 0X0000000000000000, 0X0000000000000000)

How TO Fix 0x00000024 Stop Error On Your Computer

The 0×00000024 error pretty much means that there are registry entries that have been corrupted or left open for too long without being closed on your computer.

Another file system missed or corrupted. Sound like your bad hard drive keeps damage the file system or bad RAM or virus or Vista issue.

Try follow the step four.

The download links are not available. The webpage said the program has discontinued now. I would get that program for later updates.

[edit] I found it at the source. Phyxion.net - Driver Sweeper

I was double check and link still there.

Good find an another link.

Okay - got another last night.

Just as a side note, I do not have an OS CD for my Windows Vista. It was pre-loaded on the computer. I will be printing out the email I sent Naisho that has the license number just in case.

Now, the codes I get are almost always different.

Last night, sometime after midnight we got another blue screen. No one was on the computer at the time. This time it said something at the top regarding "Memory_Management". Then after the usual paragraphs this code:

***STOP: 0X0000001A (0X0000000000041287, 0X0000000000000030, 0X0000000000000000, 0X0000000000000000)

Then, after getting the computer back up, I had a Windows pop up from saying that Windows had a problem and shut down to avoid problems or something like that.

This was in the email I just sent Naisho. He had asked me to also post info here just in case I could also get help from both Highlander or SneakerNet. Thanks everyone.

Fix Stop Error 0x0000001A
Just downloaded this and will try it. Hope I am not making a mistake.

Not really what I wanted. I have uninstalled this. Can't afford what they want.

Last edited:
Kristina, I'm not a techie but I have a solution for your computer:

:rl:

j/k

Frustrating, isn't it? Sometimes it's hard to believe that computers are supposed to make our lives easier. :giggle:

Kristina, I'm not a techie but I have a solution for your computer:

:rl:

j/k

Frustrating, isn't it? Sometimes it's hard to believe that computers are supposed to make our lives easier. :giggle:

You have no idea!! I really wish I could afford to get a new computer, but then again, I have not had the best of luck with them at all. Daughter and I went back over notes and memories and such. Seems, this specific computer has had the internal hard drive and Windows replaced once or twice. I have had issues with 5 other computers over the last 12 years. This does not make my life any easier in the long run.

That alligator in the canal up the road is really looking might hungry, but he has already said he doesn't like computers. :lol:

To be honest with you, the quickest solution is to have remotely access to your computer then I can go into the msconfig and check out the hardware set up and such. That what I did to many people here and usually solved within hour.

Or to get fresh re-install your Vista. My opinion, I hate Vista...LOL I recomended to upgrade Windows 7. 7 are the most stable OS than Vista.

You have no idea!! I really wish I could afford to get a new computer, but then again, I have not had the best of luck with them at all. Daughter and I went back over notes and memories and such. Seems, this specific computer has had the internal hard drive and Windows replaced once or twice. I have had issues with 5 other computers over the last 12 years. This does not make my life any easier in the long run.

That alligator in the canal up the road is really looking might hungry, but he has already said he doesn't like computers. :lol:

Not any help but you have my sympathy. I do get the impression that the number of people using it adds to the problems.

To be honest with you, the quickest solution is to have remotely access to your computer then I can go into the msconfig and check out the hardware set up and such. That what I did to many people here and usually solved within hour.

Or to get fresh re-install your Vista. My opinion, I hate Vista...LOL I recomended to upgrade Windows 7. 7 are the most stable OS than Vista.

Typed this up once already, but AD died before saving it. Here we go again.
I would like to upgrade from Vista, but I’m not sure I can afford it. All my extra money is going to the new house.
I do not have a disc with my OS on it. It was pre-loaded onto the computer. I do however have all the info after sitting on the floor with a magnifying glass and getting it all for Naisho.
Here is what Naisho said in an email: At this point, I'd re-install the OS just to be sure the cause isn't software side. With a clean fresh install, if it ever blue screens then you can be 99% sure that the cause is not from the software, and it is definitely something wrong with the hardware. We just don't know what it is.
I do have TeamViewer and Naisho did use it to help get my Google Chrome to work again. If you want to have a look around and use TeamViewer, I can PM you the codes to get in. I will need to wait until I get my new modem/router from AT&T hooked up tomorrow. It was just delivered today. My modem is defective and goes offline every now and then.
Let me know.

Back