A scam?

Kaitin

Reaction score
I need opinions.

I got a postcard that said "Your automobile warranty is set to expire! Please call [I won't give number because it may be scam] and give your Vehicle Identification Number to safeguard your warranty! Don't get caught unprotected."

How do people know about my warranty? I don't know the warranty. Maybe it will expire. My sister has our car now. It is a 2001 maybe. I never owned a car before.

Is the postcard a scam?

:ty:

It's a scam. Do not call them and do NOT give them your vehical information.

i never using that scam anymores! since my 2 former boyfriend asked me for money to send both and i cant send money to my 2 former boyfriend but i would trust my family!

and also include mail of scam too!

I need opinions.

I got a postcard that said "Your automobile warranty is set to expire! Please call [I won't give number because it may be scam] and give your Vehicle Identification Number to safeguard your warranty! Don't get caught unprotected."

How do people know about my warranty? I don't know the warranty. Maybe it will expire. My sister has our car now. It is a 2001 maybe. I never owned a car before.

Is the postcard a scam?

It doesn't really sound like a scam. I don't see how they would benefit with your vehicle identification number. Get in touch with the manufacturer or dealership you bought the car from. They should be able to answer any questions concerning your car's warranty, if you do have one.

It doesn't really sound like a scam. I don't see how they would benefit with your vehicle identification number. Get in touch with the manufacturer or dealership you bought the car from. They should be able to answer any questions concerning your car's warranty, if you do have one.

I also don't think it is a scam.

Yes, it is a scam.

What they do is try to offer you insurance that is "about to expire" or "has recently expired"... at rip-off prices.

I've gotten that exact same post card in the mail a few months ago.

I planned to call until I read the replies. I couldn't think how to scam with this - but it is insurance. I emailed my dad this morning after reading replies and he said yes - insurance scam. You call and they scare you about insurance and accidnets. He said some good points:
1) A warranty letter must be from dealership or carmaker. If so, it would look official - with official stationary. Not a postcard without any logo or dealership name.
2) The dealership knows the car ID so asking means a stranger.
3) The dealership doesn't know my name and address - just my dad.

:ty: again!

i never using that scam anymores! since my 2 former boyfriend asked me for money to send both and i cant send money to my 2 former boyfriend but i would trust my family!

and also include mail of scam too!

We already knew about this. So stop repeating the same story over again. :fart:

When you buy a car that is less than 3 years old or below 36,000 miles with the manufactor warranty some will be 5 years. Depend what car you have. When manufactor warranty near expire, all of the warranty company send the post card in the mail. They are trying to make you to buy their extended warranty. I would not buy any extended warranty to somebody else. The best for you to buy extended warranty from the dealership or don't buy the extended warranty. Some of the postcard is scam but not all.

I got one too, It's a car insurance scam, They're just trying to get you to go over with them, it's more like a trick in getting you to do business with them.

I got one, too. I have two different ones - a postcard and a fake formal letter. All I have to do is to toss them in the recycled-paper trash. They look almost real information. I would not take your advice to contact the company because of the tele-market trap.

This is how it happens. The Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) sells our address to 3rd party companies for extra money. It's really bad business for DMV to do that, but most states approved it. Our insurance company pays to DMV so that they sell them to the companies. Grrr. The only thing that I do not understand why so many employees work for the insurance, and they get most discount fee - actually, the employees are greedy because they did not respect other family's privacy.

This is how it happens. The Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) sells our address to 3rd party companies for extra money. It's really bad business for DMV to do that, but most states approved it. Our insurance company pays to DMV so that they sell them to the companies. Grrr. The only thing that I do not understand why so many employees work for the insurance, and they get most discount fee - actually, the employees are greedy because they did not respect other family's privacy.

The DMV sells our address??? :mad: Can we say no?

Never trust a scam online. it a risk. I rather check out their business and their background check before trusting a fale sale people. People online can try to scam you for almost anything they try to get your hands on your money. I don't even trust scam on the telephone too.

It isn't scam but it s just advertise like many mails with credit card offers.

I need opinions.

Is the postcard a scam?

I've gotten that one before too. I just called the place where I bought the car to double check to see if they had sent us any information regarding our warrenty. They hadn't. End result. A Scam!

Back