A Motorcycle Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

I rode to a funeral home in a nearby town around noon, and stood in a PGR flag line for a former sailor. He was 68. I then rode to see some friends, and our son in law, and took the long way home. Then gave Reba a ride around the neighborhood. It is now raining and will through the weekend :(

yup! I thought that was a really cool option to have.

Yes and they have done this from the factory for a long, long time cuz mine's a 1991 and it has a compressor......I have never had to use it but ya never know.....

I rode to a funeral home in a nearby town around noon, and stood in a PGR flag line for a former sailor. He was 68. I then rode to see some friends, and our son in law, and took the long way home. Then gave Reba a ride around the neighborhood. It is now raining and will through the weekend :(

Let me know if you will get 30 or so MPG......I understand most all conversion companies leave the stock carbs at the original factory settings. In fact, about the only thing that is altered is the front forks(beefed up) moved out around 6 degrees

Let me know if you will get 30 or so MPG......I understand most all conversion companies leave the stock carbs at the original factory settings. In fact, about the only thing that is altered is the front forks(beefed up) moved out around 6 degrees

I do have the 6 degree rake. It is fuel injected.

TCS, who did the conversion if you know....mine was done by California Sidecar and Trike and they also make the Escapade trailer. Your trailer looks like one of the Escapade models.....

This is from the trailer title:

Adve
Americ

Do you know these abbreviations? No identification on or in the trailer.

Yes and they have done this from the factory for a long, long time cuz mine's a 1991 and it has a compressor......I have never had to use it but ya never know.....

According to the Goldwing forums, only the 1100A, 1200, and 1500 had air compressors for their suspension but also for tires if needed.

1800 models use a hydraulic suspension to change loads. So no 1800's ever had air compressors.

Nice trike :D I'll ride down this summer to take it for a spin :laugh2:

TCS ... don't remember which thread it was but you gave me the link to get the form to request someones military record ... I did some digging in my files and found my grandpa's Army Air Corp discharge papers and a couple pics of him from the war :D (one pic was stamped army inspection passed on the back with a signature)

I searched info on my trailer and it looks like it is the Escapade Elite model.

350 lb carrying capacity
color match
chrome tongue with cooler and cover
carpeted interior
interior light
aluminum wheels

current price list with these options is around $3,645 :jaw:

I searched info on my trailer and it looks like it is the Escapade Elite model.

350 lb carrying capacity
color match
chrome tongue with cooler and cover
carpeted interior
interior light
aluminum wheels

current price list with these options is around $3,645 :jaw:

Yup, my own Escapade which is larger(has 25 cu feet) was almost 5K six years ago!

This is from the trailer title:

Adve
Americ

Do you know these abbreviations? No identification on or in the trailer.

Look like "Adventure America" something like that. Was lettering missing the rest of it? Was it scraped out by accident?

Catty

They used to have a graduated license (engine size) here, but that has gone away. Anyone of legal age can get a learners permit by just walking in and signing up. No classes, no test, just sign and drive. When the Harley craze was on a few years back you could really tell the new riders. I would not think a big heavy bike is the place to start, but many did and still do. To get your endorsement, you do need to pass a written and driving test, but you can also just keep renewing your learners permit. I know riders who either do not have an endorsement or have had a permit forever.

Having ridden since the 70's I have had many occasions where an auto just does not see you. They look right at you and somehow miss you. No clue on this one. On the same token I have seen riders on days where it is freezing out (icy). Everyone has to make their own call on what they feel is safe I guess. After so many miles over the years, I have seen so many ways to go down that you never see coming, it would seem that they would do everything they could to teach safe riding in conjunction with the endorsement. On the riders part, you just can't fix stupid and there is plenty of that.

I started small like Moped first back in 1983-84 then hijacked my brother's 1979 Honda 750-4 Super Sport many time over (It was one damn mean sport bike 0-75mph in 3 seconds on 2nd gear Yike!!) After I graduated from HS, I haven't ridden motorcycle for 25 years then finally I decide to buy my very own motorcycle, Suzuki VL800 (C50) 800cc cruiser motorcycle (look very much like Harley). I rode it like it's like a bicycle, I did warm up my riding skills and familiarize my Bike's riding "personality" and passed riding test.

It all depends on individual. Some had ridden motorcycles when they were young and had a dry spell then finally bought their own and ride motorcycle. Some are rusty on riding skills and some just jump in and ride like they were a Pro.

I've seen some are newbie and borrow their friend or family's Harley or Cruiser motorcycle, they did dropped the motorcycle cuz they are not familiar with clutch and brake on Bike. Sheesh!! They need to start small like scooter first then small cc engine motorcycle then cruiser.. ( they can learn all that in less than a year) In matter of fact Cruiser motorcycle are the heaviest in the group (Mine is 1,025 lbs). It takes skills and muscle strength to handle heavy motorcycle.

Two of my deaf friends bought their own Suzuki VL800 (because I suggested that it's a very reliable motorcycle and lest maintenance and more time riding). Both were kinda awkward at first then afterward they improved per my advice. One of my friend were lagging behind me and my other friend cuz he was leery and didn't have full license (motorcycle permit).. I was the only guy who smoked them out when light turned green. Eventually year later, they kept up with me :rofl:

Catty

Look like "Adventure America" something like that. Was lettering missing the rest of it? Was it scraped out by accident?

Catty

No. The DMV title is abbreviated. I don't know why they do that because the paper has room to fill in the whole name.

My motorcycle is in the garage cuz it's freezing out. I can't wait till warm weather come out one of the day of the month and get my bike out and ride. I have to clean carburetor first before I can do anything. I left my bike battery on float charger for the winter (It's in cold garage anyway).

Catty

Yup, my own Escapade which is larger(has 25 cu feet) was almost 5K six years ago!

I just went out and opened it up and measured the cf. Rounded corners, so best estimate is 18 cf. Found a bag with the nylon cover for it. Bonus!

just for future reference -

for custom gear tailor... I go with TACTICAL TAILOR Quality Tactical Gear for Military and Law Enforcement

Made in USA. Founded by a former Army veteran.... unfortunately and tragically killed in car accident a few years ago but his family kept the business running. I've bought a couple of gears from them. well-made. solid. excellent.

for biker gear tailor.... I go with Annie (Motostitch) but she is phasing it out and will be very selective about some jobs. She has a solid excellent reputation but it's sad to see her not doing it much so the alternative is Custom Sewing and Cordura Items - ADVrider

Went to the DMV this afternoon. Transferred the plate, got a registration and submitted the title, which will be updated and mailed to me. Then I had to pay the sales tax - $300 :(

That was inconvenient, but what was worse drove me :mad2: A woman standing in line ahead of me was on her cell phone, talking real loud to each of her parents (apparently in another state) telling them her upcoming flight schedule, rental car dates, her sister who is ready to deliver, etc., repeating the same story maybe 6-7 times. She kept repeating it because it was so confusing, even for me. After about 45 minutes she finally hung up - just before me contemplating grabbing her I-Phone, throwing it down and stomping on it.

I'm sure the other 30 people standing there would have given me a standing "O".

Went to the DMV this afternoon. Transferred the plate, got a registration and submitted the title, which will be updated and mailed to me. Then I had to pay the sales tax - $300 :(

That was inconvenient, but what was worse drove me :mad2: A woman standing in line ahead of me was on her cell phone, talking real loud to each of her parents (apparently in another state) telling them her upcoming flight schedule, rental car dates, her sister who is ready to deliver, etc., repeating the same story maybe 6-7 times. She kept repeating it because it was so confusing, even for me. After about 45 minutes she finally hung up - just before me contemplating grabbing her I-Phone, throwing it down and stomping on it.

I felt your pain about paying $300 sales tax. I bought Suzuki VL800 in Bethany, Mo and haul it over Kansas State line and paid $300 Kansas' Fat sale tax Grrr!!

Next time I would purchase within State of KS to keep it low!!

CAtty

You should yelled at her to use damn text which it's CLEAR than voice for date, schedule, flight number, etc.

Back