A Motorcycle Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

@Mew Sooooo not going to be left out, I'm gonna smoke ya with this l'il bad boy! :P

Riiiiiight? :D lol xo

IMG_20140219_085801.jpg~320x480

Okay sweetie, I race down at Sunshine Speedway a lot, lets meet there. :) I'll give you a head start too. :) :hug:

CUTE BOOTS!!! :hug: :D

Attachments

• Raptor1.jpg
    Raptor1.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 9
:laugh2: Jump start took like 5 seconds. It was not big deal. I hope my motorcycle's battery still alive during -15F and yes it's connecting to float charger inside the shed.

Yes, The point is that my sons should have left it alone if they see float charger plugged in to intersection cord so that I can fire up and go. They realized that. I know my battery is not dead at all. I have jump started the motorcycle few times last year with my truck battery. I read the post on other blogs stating that automotive engine must not be running to jump start motorcycle. In matter of fact it is not entirely true from my perspective. I've fired up truck engine and jump started motorcycle, I cranked the engine intermittently until it finally fired up due to fuel dried up inside carburetor and fuel line. It doesn't hurt battery at all as long as it's the same 12v. Amperage doesn't matter. All motorcycle batteries take in charges between 13.5 to 14.5 volts from alternator so what's the difference it make if jump starting from Automotive battery while engine running.

It is possibility that some certain motorcycle electronics or voltage regulator may get damaged from jump starting also I learned that certain Lithium Motorcycle battery is very sensitive to charging voltage which is 14.5 v maximum or else it'll damage the battery. Which is why someone posted blog warning not to run the automotive engine while jump starting.

I checked the website and found Shorai Lithium motorcycle battery is one of certain Lithium battery that get damaged from charging above 14.5 v. Problem with battery that it must have temperature of 32 degree F or above to start engine. It won't handle below that otherwise you bring it from warm house. They requires you to purchase Lithium battery charger along with battery if you don't have charger for it. Be warned that battery is very small and you may need to put foam around battery compartment in order to secure cute battery :rofl:

http://shoraipower.com/
]

I have to clean carburetor first then install fuel filter as modification (my motorcycle actually don't have real fuel filter which is why it clogs carburetor each year). Two of my deaf friends who have same motorcycle as mine do not have any problems with their carburetor so I realized my tank was dirty, possibility either from some gas station holding tank may be dirty or dirt or dust accumulate into my tank through worn gas cap seal which is not a big deal to me (It's impossible to have "clean room" environment anyway). I bet Fuel filter will takes care of the problem afterward. Weather is warming up this month despite temperature fluctuation next week (today will be 50's but tomorrow will drop to 40's and all next week will be in 30's then maybe back to 50's or 60's afterward so I can ride motorcycle to work everyday.

Catty

I just cleaned carburetor and installed fuel filter as modification. I cranked the engine intermittly while it's jump started from truck engine. It took a little while for fuel to soak thru filter then run thru fuel line to carburetor. It sputter then ran. It's running smooth and soft now. I plugged in trickle charger and left it there for few days. Now it fires up great.
I rode around the block and went to store on other day while its warm out. My motorcycle is ready to go but cold front came and will be cold all week :mad2:

Catty

I just cleaned carburetor and installed fuel filter as modification. I cranked the engine intermittly while it's jump started from truck engine. It took a little while for fuel to soak thru filter then run thru fuel line to carburetor. It sputter then ran. It's running smooth and soft now. I plugged in trickle charger and left it there for few days. Now it fires up great.
I rode around the block and went to store on other day while its warm out. My motorcycle is ready to go but cold front came and will be cold all week :mad2:

Catty

good to hear that your bike's up and running! I'm wondering when my riding season will be back.... hopefully in late March!

Okay sweetie, I race down at Sunshine Speedway a lot, lets meet there. :) I'll give you a head start too. :) :hug:

CUTE BOOTS!!! :hug: :D

Can I join the race too? I only have a car or motorcycle to choose from, I'll let you pick which one I can use. :)

Those are nice boots, mine are tan, desert Army boots.. :(

Can I join the race too? I only have a car or motorcycle to choose from, I'll let you pick which one I can use. :)

Those are nice boots, mine are tan, desert Army boots.. :(

Sunshine Speedway is a dirt track. :P It's for dirtbikes or four-wheelers, hence my Raptor Quad picture I posted. :P

My daughter did these videos for me showing the bike all lit up at night. If I cannot be seen with this and get hit by a car, the driver better make sure I cannot get back up if you know what I mean. :lol:

MVI 4347 - YouTube

MVI 4350 - YouTube

MVI 4349 - YouTube

MVI 4348 - YouTube

In the second video, our son-in-law who lost his leg in work accident a few years ago can be seen. Reba had posted about him awhile back.

Cool vids, TCS! Reminds me.....if we go out of town....like on a vacation, we have this rule to never ride our trike after dark and that's worked out just dandy for us.......its time to stop, after all day riding, anyway. We don't mind riding in our city after dark, tho.....

that is cccrrrraaazzzzzyyyyy!!!!!! :thumb:

I am pretty sure TCS can turn off some of those lights.....in California, those colored lights are outlawed except for the amber ones. The the blues, etc are off but ok to use them while stationary....like at a show or a gathering of like-minded people. Dunno about South Carolina law, tho......

I am pretty sure TCS can turn off some of those lights.....in California, those colored lights are outlawed except for the amber ones. The the blues, etc are off but ok to use them while stationary....like at a show or a gathering of like-minded people. Dunno about South Carolina law, tho......

yup. it's illegal in NJ to display any kind of lighting except headlight, signal, and brake (obviously!! :lol:)

yup. it's illegal in NJ to display any kind of lighting except headlight, signal, and brake (obviously!! :lol:)

Well, amber colored lights are legal. For example, on my front tire, you will see a set of amber lights that are on when running. Called Ring of Fire Lights....see TCS's vids again...I think he has those....

I just looked and, no, his are purple so probably not legal when running while my amber set is.....at any rate, it is really a sight to behold as I have seen what TCS has.......

To answer all of you at the same time:

The amber lights (around the front and sides) can be turned on or off with 2 individual switches. Third switch, colored lights, underneath, are four different fade in and out. They can also be set to 1 color (any of the four) solid or flashing at various speeds.

In SC, no law banning except if you put on a blue or red strobe (like on police cars/motorcycles). That will get you a quick trip to visit the other criminals in confinement. :lol:

Usually, I use the underneath lighting when parked.

Cool vids, TCS! Reminds me.....if we go out of town....like on a vacation, we have this rule to never ride our trike after dark and that's worked out just dandy for us.......its time to stop, after all day riding, anyway. We don't mind riding in our city after dark, tho.....

If we were on vacation, I would stop before dark also.

I do have to ride at night, depending on the reason (evening church, returning from a PGR funeral, etc.).

Back