A Motorcycle Thread About Absolutely Nothing!

Maybe I should buy this bike, and have it send to local motorcycle shop to do the tuneup ($1k to $2k) then it is all good to GO ?

I doubt it. since this bike is heavily modified... there are many things that can go wrong at anytime. avoid this bike! that is why it's so cheap and it's obvious that he wants to get rid of a headache.

trick titanium exhaust system (sounds awesome and doesn't get hot under seat), 240 rear w/ swingarm , Metzler M-1's, custom wheels, rotors, brakes, led's, lots of Carbon Fibre, polished and chrome accessories etc.6400 miles.

modified exhaust system? aftermarket swingarm? aftermarket rotors and brakes? "lot of carbon fibre"? nope nope nope! too many things that can go wrong. those are the most crucial parts and I don't know what he did with it or how he maintains it. I'm not gonna risk my life and limbs for something I don't know without any detailed maintenance history. no seller is ever honest.

cheap bike but expensive medical bill.

I agree, so many great upgrades for that price. Me puzzled. :hmm:

yea. all these upgrades.... and only $3,600? impossible! all these parts alone are probably $3,600. I checked ebay and lot of stock 2004 YZF-R1 are selling for $5,000 - $8,000 range and this bike is only $3,640? SUSPICIOUS! only 6,400 miles? why so short for 10 years? It's California!!!! many used bikes and cars in all-year-around weather typically have high mileages! I guess he's one of those weekend rider poser. it's probably not very practical and comfortable to ride.

custom wheels + Metzeler tires... $1,000-$1,500 range including labor cost
"trick" titanium exhaust system... probably $1,500ish including labor cost unless... he installed it himself and the question is - was it used?
240 rear with swingarm (I'm not quite sure exactly what this thing is)... probably $500ish including labor cost... unless he installed it himself and the question is - was it used?

6.jpg

ew! dirty brake fluid! it's very dark color. it's supposed to be almost-clear yellow. I'm guessing he never changed any fluids except engine oil.... or did he? :hmm:

btw authentic - looks like this bike is 1,000cc... are you an experienced rider?

I agree, so many great upgrades for that price. Me puzzled. :hmm:

I'm with Jiro... I also stick with my parents in that old saying... if it's too good to be true... it usually is.... it's a sharp looking bike from what the pictures blow look like... however, the price... sounds like they're getting rid of a headache, and fast. I'd be cautious. A car and a bike are different stories. A car breaks down, you stall out no biggie. You stall out on a motorcycle and it can cost you a hell of a lot more. The break fluid being that nasty of a color is also a big no no as Jiro said. God only knows the damage he did never changing it. It's going to be what we like to call " a garage project" it sounds to me. Looks good in the garage but will hardly ever leave. :( Just be careful! Again, if it's too good to be true, it usually is. :shock: :(

Also again with Jiro... 1000CC Sport bike, have you been riding a while?! :shock: For a cruiser.... alright.... a sport bike, hold on to your hat man! I just now started looking into 1300's for sport bikes and I was sputtering around on a 750 for around 3 years, 1000 for around another 2 or 3 and I'm STILL nervous about a 1300... :shock: I'm still thinking I might stay around 1000... it was way more than enough power... :shock: I always have my cruiser as a fun weekend backup though. :D

put other way, if you want to RACE and you know the costs of racing, get it, and replace everything along the racing session, if for road , FORGET IT

its a time bomb

I agree with the other opinions up ^^^ ... forget it ... the bike probably has more mods and been molested so much the only original thing to it is the frame ... and could blow up 10 miles after buying it ... not to mention the headache of doing service on it and buying parts ... and its been said unless your experienced a 1000cc bike is too much to start ... you'd be better off buying a new bike or a bike from someone you know and can find out the history of it then if you want mods you can do them yourself ... and if your starting out I'd recommend taking a MSF BRC class for beginners its an excellent start and they provide the bikes too ...

As far as Sport bikes are concerned, the highest I'd start anyone on with little to no experience is a 500 CC. You'd be surprised... It seems little... For a cruiser, yes...500 CC's is.... laughable.... :ugh: :D On a sport bike... it's a completely different ballgame. Maybe a 750 if you're really ballsy, definitely not a 1000 though. Currently I have my Shadow Spirit which is a 750 cruiser and I'm sitting on a 1000 GSXR sport bike. I remember first sitting on that thing and about peeing myself. I thought it was going to be a walk in the park... How wrong I was.... Again, still sliding back and forth if I want to jump up to the 1300, the 1000 almost has too much power as is... but, what can I say...? :twisted:

6.jpg

ew! dirty brake fluid! it's very dark color. it's supposed to be almost-clear yellow. I'm guessing he never changed any fluids except engine oil.... or did he? :hmm:

btw authentic - looks like this bike is 1,000cc... are you an experienced rider?

I'm an expert cyclist, not motorcyclist. I don't mind to go for 1,000cc. I love speed. :cool2: I know people telling me I should go for lower cc like Y6, and then step up to Y1 after few years of riding experience. I agree, it looks like someone want to sell it fast, which is why price went low.

6.jpg

Who cars? He is Russian and he love dangerous stuff.

I'm an expert cyclist, not motorcyclist. I don't mind to go for 1,000cc. I love speed. :cool2: I know people telling me I should go for lower cc like Y6, and then step up to Y1 after few years of riding experience. I agree, it looks like someone want to sell it fast, which is why price went low.

1000cc sportbike is not fun. It's terrifying. It's equivalent to Ferrari. I've heard too many riders crashing within first week to couple months.

650-800cc is much much more than enough and it's plenty fast and powerful. One thing that you are incorrect about... when it comes to sportbike, you do not just go up to 1000cc after a few years riding experience... you only do that after receiving PROFESSIONAL trainings and riding several times at racing track.

not doing so is simply asking for a death warrant. period. it's either a coffin or wheelchair. it's a guarantee. I've watched a documentary movie about professional racing motorcyclists. They all said 1000cc is absolutely terrifying and pretty much all of them have been injured from it.

that's why there are no sportbike that goes over 1000cc except Hayabusa.

You should be able to find a nearest racing track around you. We have one in NJ, NY, and PA. It's not for racing competition. They accept all people to come in and ride to practice and riding as fast as you want because it's the safest place to do it but you'll have to follow certain safety regulations such as having proper full gear, taping up your headlight, etc.

An expert cyclist and an expert motorcyclist are two VERY different things man. I can ride a bike on pavement but can't do tricks to save my life. I can do tricks on a motorcycle all day though. ( It doesn't make sense to some unless you ride ) The point being, you may like speed, but the ability to handle it is completely different. My brother bought a 1000 CC bike never having ridden before and he's not a small guy. He wrecked his first week on it. It's just too much throttle and power to handle when you're new. Not to mention when you're getting endorsed, you typically learn on a cruiser ( Rebel or something similar ) a sport bike is a completely different posture, power and everything. We're not saying it to insult you, we're saying it because I and I'm sure many other bikers have seen far too many people jump on a bike too big for them for their first sport bike because "they like speed and want to go fast" and they wreck. Countless times ( okay, probably 7 or 8 times ) I've seen people jump on these *usually GSXR's* 1000 CC's or even 750's for their first bikes and they wreck... it's not as easy peasy as everyone thinks. it's a lot of power... Another rule bikers always tell each other when they first get licensed, never buy a bike you want to keep and love forever as your first. You're going to dump it, you're going to drop it... you're going to scrape it... something will happen.... repeatedly.... it will happen. Throw yourself on a 1000CC sport bike... it's going to happen 1000 times as often and be 10 times nastier... It's happened to all of us. Close calls, spills, scrapes, drops, dumps, spills... whatever... Other drivers in cars are stupid and when you first get endorsed you're "invincible" especially on a sport bike.... Just think about it... I'm telling you, 1000 CC is way too much... I've been riding for years and 1000 CC bike is still a lot for me for handle at times. Before jumping to 1000 CC bike from my 750 GSXR I took specialty riding courses ( advanced riding courses ) in order to learn how to handle the bike at higher speeds ect ect. 1000 CC is not to be taken lightly! It's not "just another bike" it's not just a bike... it's a death trap. Yes, I have one... yes, I ride it... but I have years of experience and I made sure to take the additional safety courses... I also don't drive like a douche. Liking speed is definitely not a reason to go with a 1000 CC, that's going to get you killed.

In addition to what Jiro and Mewtilation said ... 1000cc is not a beginner bike even a Ninja 250 sport bike will crank out some speed ... there is 2 kinds of bikers ... those that have laid a bike down and those who will ... my nephew is a cop he used to fuss at me about my bike ... he caught a call for a motorcycle fatality the guy had just gotten his bike endorsement at the DMV and headed out on his sport bike(no idea the CC) but less than an hour later he crashed it going over 100mph and it killed him instantly and he had that invincible attitude. It isn't only the size of the engine its everything people just don't see bikes on the road you have to watch out for EVERYTHING and with a bike you don't have the protection you do when driving a cage. Start small and go up. Here is a book you should read.
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Proficient-Motorcycling-Ultimate-Guide-Riding/dp/1889540536]Proficient Motorcycling: The Ultimate Guide to Riding Well: David L. Hough: 0731360405364: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

I have a friend with a Ninja 250. Sure it's nothing compared to mine but I can't say I don't have fun on that baby! :P

yah its a fun bike.....with a good rider will beat yours...but a 2-stroke 250 yes beat everything up to 1000cc :D

yes they are REALLY fast......say Aprillia RS250 YUM YUM

oh im going to get a 400cc trailbike by july, just selling of video camera, boom pole, blimps, mic, reporters lights, tripod etc etc just to get it
ive given up making films, no incentives.....

yah its a fun bike.....with a good rider will beat yours...but a 2-stroke 250 yes beat everything up to 1000cc :D

yes they are REALLY fast......say Aprillia RS250 YUM YUM

oh im going to get a 400cc trailbike by july, just selling of video camera, boom pole, blimps, mic, reporters lights, tripod etc etc just to get it
ive given up making films, no incentives.....

boom pole? You are not full Deaf?

Okay, I just had to share this because it's freaking awesome and I know how people like to judge us bikers. :mad: I know nobody in here obviously, but it made me think, "How cool is this biker group!?" How incredibly awesome of them to do this, I'd love to do something like this in my area!

Found this story too!

Biker gang protects child abuse victims.

Attachments

• AZB.jpg
    AZB.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 6
Okay, I just had to share this because it's freaking awesome and I know how people like to judge us bikers. :mad: I know nobody in here obviously, but it made me think, "How cool is this biker group!?" How incredibly awesome of them to do this, I'd love to do something like this in my area!

Found this story too!

Biker gang protects child abuse victims.

ah yep - the Guardians of the Children. but this biker gang is B.A.C.A.

different gang, same goal.

Im not going to beat on about how you shouldnt buy a 1000cc bike as your first bike but here is a simple challenge, go down to your motorbike track day and rent a 600cc bike then take it around the track and see if you can get it within 20sec of the local 600cc superstock bikes track times.....just remember supersport bikes will throw you off in half a heartbeat if your not use to them.

I'll have two full years riding experience when I go to the 600cc ZX-6 Ninja, not because I can't handle it or anything, because I can't afford the insane insurance costs being under 25, next year my rates drop finally and that's when I move on up.

My 500cc EX500 Ninja isn't bad at all, I can out accelerate, out manoeuvre cars and out run most of them too. I think my top speed is somewhere around 135 MPH, but I'm still getting 55-60 MPG, even with riding hard and only pay $164 (In my current age group) for insurance and by $164, I mean per year, not per month.

I haven't laid it down yet, but it's likely bound to happen at some point. If you want a 1000cc, go for it, I'm with the others here, it's a bad idea, but only you can make your own choices and for better or worse, I respect your right to do as you please since it's not my butt on the line, its you putting your own butt on the line.

Also, if you haven't already done so, take the MSF course at a local college (Community colleges offer it too) or local dealership, it's worth it and gets you an insurance discount.

Also, get some good gear, full riding protective suit if you start with the 1000cc. Best luck no matter which path you choose.

Back