A Heterasexual Man's Earring

I don't know bout that...I guess you'd have to find a person who can share from an experience. I don't know what motivates some people for some types of piercings

In #39 you mentioned men wearing earrings in the 60's and 70's. All I'm saying is that neither I nor Hubby ever saw any military men, on duty or off duty, during the 70's, wearing earrings. Once they were discharged, there would be no way by just looking at men in a crowd to know whether or not they were Vietnam veterans. But I don't recall seeing many men wearing earrings during that period. It didn't seem popular back then. Most guys were wearing their hair longer then anyway, so it would be hard to tell. :dunno:

Actually, what I said was Vietnam Vets often had their ears pierced. I did not comment on their military status at either the time of the piercing or the wearing.

And if you didn't see many men during the 70's wearing earrings, I guess you just weren't looking.

Actually, what I said was Vietnam Vets often had their ears pierced. I did not comment on their military status at either the time of the piercing or the wearing.

And if you didn't see many men during the 70's wearing earrings, I guess you just weren't looking.

Maybe Reba couldnt see their earrings due to all the long hippie-like hair? :giggle:

Is it true that men (and women) get pierced down-there? What is the purpose of doing that? More sexual sensation?

I dont know. I wouldnt even try it..why go thru the pain and for what?

I don't know about piercings "down there" that would indicate your sexuality. How would others see?

I don't know about piercings "down there" that would indicate your sexuality. How would others see?

Those piercings don't indicate sexuality. That discussion kind of grew out of a time line over whether people had piecing prior to the 80's, and whether military men had piecings. I mentioned that I knew an ex-Navy man that had recieved a Prince Albert piercing while overseas in the 1940's, along with several other piercings, including ear.

But, if you are going around showing your Prince Albert piercing to everyone, then your sexuality is not your biggest issue.....exibitionism is!

Buy earrings at wal mart or target, they are so cheaper.

I bought mine in last 2 years ago at Pacsun and still good but color (dark blue) is little worn out into silver.

Which do you mean, those pack of earrings that cost from $3-$5, or those real silver earrings? Reason why I asked because most of my earrings are from Wal Mart and are not real silver..

Today I went to a tattoo store and asked the guy how much was it to pearce my left ear. The guy told me $20! I almost laughed in his face. So after walking out, I went home and with a needle, I did it myself. Painless and quick.

Do people really pay $20 for such a simple (and quick) thing?

Today I went to a tattoo store and asked the guy how much was it to pearce my left ear. The guy told me $20! I almost laughed in his face. So after walking out, I went home and with a needle, I did it myself. Painless and quick.

Uh, yeah. Because it's safer and more sanitary than doing it yourself. Plus, you had to buy an earring to put in your ear after you pierced it yourself, didnt you? That $20.00 includes a surgical steel stud that is hypoallergenic.

What I did was that I threaded the needle that I used with string. I, of course, sanitazed everthing first. Now I am suppose to keep the string on for three or four days tops. The string is cut short so it is not hanging long from my ear. That's it, simple.

Those piercings don't indicate sexuality. That discussion kind of grew out of a time line over whether people had piecing prior to the 80's, and whether military men had piecings. I mentioned that I knew an ex-Navy man that had recieved a Prince Albert piercing while overseas in the 1940's, along with several other piercings, including ear.

But, if you are going around showing your Prince Albert piercing to everyone, then your sexuality is not your biggest issue.....exibitionism is!

That is something that would be interesting to see! :giggle:

What I did was that I threaded the needle that I used with string. I, of course, sanitazed everthing first. Now I am suppose to keep the string on for three or four days tops. The string is cut short so it is not hanging long from my ear. That's it, simple.

Eventually, you have to purchase an earring to put in there, unless you plan to walk around with a piece of thread for the rest of your life, or let the piercing close up.

Sanitizing everything doesn't guarantee that it is sterile. When a peircing gun is used, the stud that is shot through your ear lobe is one time use. Still safer than a santized needle and piece of string.

There are some places that give you free ear piercings when you purchase an earring. :)

Thought about a Prince Albert piercing when I was younger but glad I decided against it.

I had my left ear pierced a few years ago but it didn't last long because it got infected, I took it out and never bothered to get it done again. Damn, I miss it though.

I have earrings for both of ear for 5 years now, never got infected and only clean with soap in shower after 6 weeks of clean with special bottle.

I used had 2 earrings per earrings in 3 years ago but had off in 2 years ago during my surgery and haven't put 2nd on after that and went closed in after long month when not wear.

Back