A body remains might belong to Caylee Anthony's

she is the little girl who disappeared last summer and her mother did not report her missing until one month later just let you inform

it takes time for DNA testings to show if it was Caylee

i don't know what to say if it was Caylee or not.

That certainly sounds very suspicious to me. If the skull turns out to belong to caylee, I hope that that whoever (most likely the mother) killed her is brought to justice.

Last edited:
Interesting...the little girl been missing for a while and then one month later the mother decided to report her missing? She dont sound very smart...I guess she's not fit to be a mother.

i agree the mother is not fit to be a mom after reporting caylee after one month
i am sure if it was caylee then her mother might be charged with the murder.

It seems highly possible that it could have been Caylee...who would do such a very sick thing to a very small child?

It reminds me of a movie I seen called "Gone baby gone" starring Ben Affleck's brother.

Oh I see. :| Well, it had been several months already you know, and it's December and finally someone found a skull of a human and if it is Caylee's-- poor girl been lying there for months without proper burial. :(

Yeah, it is a very sad situation.

Just wait and see if DNA proves truly it's her? Will find it out further details update later on..

Break my heart goes out for little innocent girl.. She is not deserved to die so young..
:(

Yeah, i have been following that story on that poor
unfortunate child since last summer when she
first went missing by her grandmother because her
mother did not report her missing for serveral days,
so it was pretty obvious that she might have done
it. The mother blamed the phantom babysitter, geez.
The police is confident that the remains of the child
is Caylee.
We will find out in a day or so...
The trial is supposed to start next month, i think.

Her trial been postponed til March on the day the remains were found.

Her trial been postponed til March on the day the remains were found.

Oh, ok thanks for the update on date of trial..i must
have missed on date of her trial.
I found out that the DNA testing might take a week
to be confirmed but they are pretty sure it is Caylee
because there are no other child missing in their city,
just Caylee! Also they said they were not going to ask
for death penalty for Casey (Caylee's mom) but now that
might change!

By HOWARD ALTMAN | haltman@tampatrib.com. Forensic scientist Henry Lee, who once solved a murder case using 7 ounces of body parts, says the tiniest evidence can make or break a case. Lee says that's why lawyers for Casey Anthony argued in an Orange County courtroom this morning that they should be allowed to examine remains that may belong to Caylee Anthony. They were not successful. Casey Anthony is accused of killing her daughter. Skeletal remains of a young child were found near the home where Caylee and Casey often stayed with Casey's parents. Orange County Sheriff Kevin Beary says that in his gut he believes it is the missing toddler. Even a lawyer for Casey Anthony argued in court this morning that the body size and color of hair found at the scene match Caylee. An official match, however, may be days, if not weeks off. Describing himself* as an independent consultant for the lawyers representing Casey Anthony, Lee says evidence can be altered or damaged during an autopsy. "Many times, with physical evidence, you only get one chance to look at it," he says from his office at the Connecticut State Police Headquarters, where he serves as chief emeritus. "Sometimes, the physical evidence gets destroyed. Some other times, the physical evidence might be altered, so the first look is the most important." Lee gives an example. News reports say that duct tape was found on the body, he says. The most minute evidence can be key, he says."What is the location of the tape?" he asks. "The condition of the tape? How long is the tape? Once the tape is removed from the skeletal remains, you cannot put it back exactly in the original position. That is alteration. Once it is altered, unless it is extensively documented and we can look at the documentation to try to reconstruct, you may create some difficulty." Lee says he does not know whether the utility worker who discovered the skeletal remains affected them in any way. "If it was inside the bag, it should be ok," he says. "Whether or not the bag was broken, we do not know. What's the condition of the bag? Is the bag a black plastic bag? And if it is a black plastic bag, was it opened when it was discovered or did the person who discover it open it up and look into it? So there are a lot of unknown factors here. That is why the presence of an independent expert is sometimes crucial." Removing the evidence from the crime scene can alter it, he says. "You can alter the shape or forms," he says. "Some evidence may be lost." Even cleaning the evidence can hurt his investigation. "If the bone remains are washed, you loose some of the trace evidence," says Lee, perhaps best known for testifying in the O.J. Simpson murder trial. Using just 7 ounces of body parts recovered from a crime scene, Lee was able to prove that Richard Crafts killed his wife Helle on Christmas 1986 then ran her body through a wood chipper. Lee says that if the evidence proves the remains belong to Caylee, the next step is finding how the child died and what evidence exists about who killed her. "We have to look at whether she died of a gunshot, knife wound, blunt object," he says. "The manner and cause of death. Once that is determined, is she the suspect? If she is the suspect, what happened? Just back from the Philippines where he was given an award by the president, Lee says he is catching up and waiting to see if the courts will allow him to examine evidence again. Several months ago, he looked at Casey;'s car on behalf of the defense. Regardless of who he works for, Lee says there is one constant. "As a scientist, you cannot have a mindset that she is involved or that she is not involved," he says, in this case referring to Casey Anthony. "You look at the evidence and let the evidence speak for itself and let the chips fall where they may.

I sure hope the evidence is not destroyed due to ignorance.

also the post above said the childs remains that was found was bound with duct tape :(

waiting.... waiting..... no new news yet?

DirtDOG.gif

waiting.... waiting..... no new news yet?

DirtDOG.gif

No, There's no news yet. They said the DNA testing will take another week before we know something about it.

On the other hand, The investigators found more bones near Caylee Anthony's home.

As the article says -
DNA results are not expected for another week, but police said the hair color and size of the body are consistent with Caylee Anthony's.

It is possible that the body belongs to Caylee but who knows?

ABC News: More Bones Found Near Caylee Anthony Home

I saw that on the news and don't know what to make of it. Did the mother really lead police on a wild goose chase all these months if her daughter's body was located only a block away? That's just sick. But if she had nothing to do with it, then that at least brings some closure to the family knowing Caylee has been found, even if it wasn't a happy ending. I think that is better than never knowing what happened or where she is. I still think of the Jacob Wetterling story (here in MN); he was abducted in 1989 and still no sign of him or his body. That's horrible for any family to endure.

Update: Caylee Anothony Remains Identified.

Update:

The body has been positively identified as Caylee Anthony.

DNA tests confirm remains are Caylee Anthony - Yahoo! News

ORLANDO, Fla. – Skeletal remains found in the woods are the Florida 3-year-old who has been missing since June, but they don't reveal any clues about how she was killed, a county medical examiner said Friday. A utility worker stumbled upon the remains last week, less than a half-mile from where the girl lived. DNA tests confirm that the remains match Caylee Anthony's genetic profile, said the medical examiner, Dr. Jan Garavaglia.

Caylee's mother, 22-year-old Casey Anthony, was indicted in October on first-degree murder and other charges, even though no body was found. She has insisted that she left the girl with a baby sitter in June, but she didn't report her missing until July.

It took authorities several days to analyze the remains, and some tests are still being completed. Some of the bones were as small as a pebble and had been scattered, and the fragments were hard to find by excavators who searched on their hands and knees, authorities said. The bone fragments did not reveal any trauma before death, Garavaglia said, but exactly what happened to the girl remains a mystery.

"Bottom line is, folks, no child should have to go through this," said Orange County Sheriff Kevin Beary.

A search team said they did not check the wooded area sooner because it was submerged in water. Beary said his department was investigating reports that the utility worker who called in the tip leading to the discovery of the remains had tried several times in August to call in his suspicion about a bag in the area.

"If we missed a window of opportunity we don't know," he said. "I'm not throwing anybody under the bus because we don't know. That's why we conduct an administrative review."

Casey Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez, was with her at the Orange County Jail shortly after she found out the news from a jail chaplain, said Todd Black, a spokesman for the attorney. She was notified about 15 minutes before the news conference about the positive identification. Black said he wouldn't comment on her reaction.

A message left for the attorney representing George and Cindy Anthony, Casey's parents, was not immediately returned.

The case captivated the community where the little girl's family lived, and Caylee has been a staple on national news as her mother and grandparents pleaded for tips, promising that the girl was still alive.

Caylee's grandmother first called authorities in July to say she hadn't seen the girl for a month and her daughter's car smelled like death.

Police immediately interviewed Anthony and soon said everything she told them about her daughter's whereabouts was false. The baby sitter was nonexistent and the apartment where Anthony said she had last seen Caylee had been empty for months. Anthony also lied about where she worked, they said.

Other troubling details emerged: Photos surfaced of Anthony partying after her daughter went missing. Friends said she was a habitual liar, but also a good mother.

Last month, the Orange County State Attorney turned over almost 800 pages of documents showing someone used the Anthonys' home computer to do Internet searches for terms like "neck breaking" and "household weapons."

In mid-March, someone searched Google and Wikipedia for peroxide, shovels, acetone, alcohol and chloroform. Traces of chloroform, which is used to induce unconsciousness and a component of human decomposition, were found in the trunk of Casey Anthony's car during forensic testing, the documents say.

this is a sad day indeed for the anthony family. :( hopefully justice will be found for little caylee.

:( I had a strong feeling the remains belonged to Caylee Anthony, because of where the body was found, it wasn't far from where her parents live. It's so sad. I just don't understand why the mother had to kill her, if she didn't want Caylee anymore, she could have at least put Caylee up for adoption, for goodness sake! I would had adopted that little girl within a heart beat. It makes me sick when a mother gives a baby a life, and thinks she has the right to take a life. I hope she rots in prison or face the death penalty. I don't believe anything she says anymore, she is a pathetic liar from day one.

Back