A body remains might belong to Caylee Anthony's

If you want to throw our costitutional rights out and convict every person accused of a crime without a jury trial, be my guest. However, I do not.

WTF are you talking about? I'm just sharing my opinion on what I think, and it's not wrong either, everyone does it anyways. What's the big deal?

exactly. i know i certainly wouldn't want someone accusing me of a crime i didn't commit before i've had a chance to have a fair trial.

Oh that would just SUCK big time. If we find people guilty before they have had a trial then this country's justice system is totally screwed. I would rather keep it honest and if I get called to be on a jury, I would rather go with a clean slate of mind. The media sure doesnt help and we never know if the info being delivered is accurate or not.

WTF are you talking about? I'm just sharing my opinion on what I think, and it's not wrong either, everyone does it anyways. What's the big deal?

U already said she is guilty without her having her day in court.

U already said she is guilty without her having her day in court.

So? Most people thought OJ Simpson was guilty before his day in court too. What's the differences? No differences. And even after the verdicts were read, people still thinks he is guilty.

So? Most people thought OJ Simpson was guilty before his day in court too. What's the differences? No differences.

If u want to be like that, be my guest but the big deal is that a trial wouldnt be fair if the people on the jury already made their decision on the verdict without listening to all of the evidence. That isnt what America was founded on.

Just hope you will never experience being falsly accused of a crime and have it destroy your life.

If the mother did it, then yes, I want her to pay the price but if she didnt do it, then I would hope the right person pays the consequences instead of the mother.

Execellent point there.

if she is mentally ill, there's a good chance that if she is lying, there's a reason for it (not that that condones it, but you know what i mean) and perhaps the responsibility of taking care of a child just became too much for her to bear (just like the case back in the 90s of the mother who had bipolar and drowned all of her sons in the bathtub).

If u want to be like that, be my guest but the big deal is that a trial wouldnt be fair if the people on the jury already made their decision on the verdict without listening to all of the evidence. That isnt what America was founded on.

Just hope you will never experience being falsly accused of a crime and have it destroy your life.

If the mother did it, then yes, I want her to pay the price but if she didnt do it, then I would hope the right person pays the consequences instead of the mother.

that's exactly how i feel. the last thing i want is someone to accuse me of a crime i didn't commit before i've even had a chance to stand a fair trial. i've heard horror stories about wrongfully accused persons spending 20 or 30 years in prison whose lives were destroyed all because people were too quick to judge.

that's exactly how i feel. the last thing i want is someone to accuse me of a crime i didn't commit before i've even had a chance to stand a fair trial. i've heard horror stories about wrongfully accused persons spending 20 or 30 years in prison whose lives were destroyed all because people were too quick to judge.

That's exactly what I'm saying, too, and why.

if she is mentally ill, there's a good chance that if she is lying, there's a reason for it (not that that condones it, but you know what i mean) and perhaps the responsibility of taking care of a child just became too much for her to bear (just like the case back in the 90s of the mother who had bipolar and drowned all of her sons in the bathtub).

There is also a good chance, if she didn't kill her daughter, she knows who did, and is protecting that person out of fear for her own life. Once again,that doesn't justify her behavior, but it certainly doesn't make her guilty of having committed murder. Complicity, perhaps, or interfering with an investigation, but not murder.

The fact is, the hair found in the trunk of her car could have gotten there any number of ways. It could have come from a piece of clothing, like a jacket the child had on, and was put in the trunk after the day got warm and she took it off. It could have come from a toy belonging to the child. I'm sure any mother here could have the trunk of her car checked by forensic scientists and they would find hair of the mother's child inside.

Oh that would just SUCK big time. If we find people guilty before they have had a trial then this country's justice system is totally screwed. I would rather keep it honest and if I get called to be on a jury, I would rather go with a clean slate of mind. The media sure doesnt help and we never know if the info being delivered is accurate or not.

that's true. it's no different than living in a third world country.

and you're right about the media. if jurors were allowed to watch as much news coverage as possible about this story, casey anthony would have absolutely no hope of being found not guilty.

First of all I'm not in the jury, so there's no reason why I can't talk about it?

If I was accused of killing someone, I would just explain my side to the police, I would not lie either I would be truthful from the get and go. Lying to the police is never a good idea. It will only make you look guilty and in fact, it will end up hurting you. It's the truth. :)

First of all I'm not in the jury, so there's no reason why I can't talk about it?

If I was accused of killing someone, I would just explain my side to the police, I would not lie either I would be truthful from the get and go. Lying to the police is never a good idea. It will only make you look guilty and in fact, it will end up hurting you. It's the truth. :)

What if the media tries you and the public has found u guilty before u had a chance to go to trial? Doesnt matter if u were cooperative with the police and didnt lie? People could still say that u lied based on their on judgement what they hear from the media.

unfortunately, it's not as simple as that. if it were, we wouldn't have millions of innocent people in our prison system. how do you handle a situation where you were at the wrong place at the wrong time or where the police had circumstantial evidence against you? it's not as easy as saying, "i wouldn't lie to the police and therefore i wouldn't be found guilty of a crime i didn't commit."

unfortunately, it's not as simple as that. if it were, we wouldn't have millions of innocent people in our prison system. how do you handle a situation where you were at the wrong place at the wrong time or where the police had circumstantial evidence against you? it's not as easy as saying, "i wouldn't lie to the police and therefore i wouldn't be found guilty of a crime i didn't commit."

Excellent point.

I've said all I had to say it's pointless arguing about it, I refused to get this thread locked because you simply can't agree to disagree. :)

I've said all I had to say it's pointless arguing about it, I refused to get this thread locked because you simply can't agree to disagree. :)

I refuse to agree to "try" someone using the media.

cheri,

we're all having a polite discussion. i don't see any reason why this thread should be closed.

Back