7 year old boy 'pregant' with twin brother

Hmm I heard from Ripely's believe it or not. A Egyptian man has the same thing as the boy. He was carrying his dead brother for 20 yrs I think (forgot). Strange.

20 years?!?!?!?!? oh...i don't think i feel good anymore :dizzy:

:bump: this thread because it reminded me of the Foot in Baby's brain thread.

It is a similar story but this boy lived for 7 years not knowing! WOW!

I saw once in Discovery Channel, that some guy in poor village, probably in South America, didn't realize there was fetus as twin brother inside him. He thought he become fat. Oh wait.. .probably from Believe It or Not tv show. Hmm... Anyway, it was horrible.

Just found... It was on TLC!
Here is video, I realize it. Dude from India or it look like...
http://www.videosift.com/video/Weird-Imagine-a-parasitic-fetus-growing-inside-you

Here is video
*warning, may not for weak stomach*

It's a shocking and sad situation but calling the boy "pregnant" is misleading. The boy was not pregnant--he was a twin brother.

The good news is that the doctors were able to help the surviving boy.

It's a shocking and sad situation but calling the boy "pregnant" is misleading. The boy was not pregnant--he was a twin brother.

Well, blame to British. :aw:

I agree. This is far from a pregnancy. It is a defect. a fluke.

scarily enough, that can happen. occasionally, a person has more than one embryo when they become pregnant, but the extra embryo is unable to survive or is absorbed by the other embryo. sometimes it's not absorbed completely, and things like this happen. i find it surprising that they found out about it seven years later, though. i guess it's a less visible form of siamese twins. still creeps me out. if that type of thing can go on for seven years without anyone knowing, it might even be able to go even longer. in some cases, absorbed embryos can cause the person to have two sets of DNA [their DNA, and their sibling's DNA, i guess], which i think is really neat.

oh old news. it happens. sometimes the cell got fused with twin cell. oh well... nature's brutal.

It becomes a parasite. I watched on TLC once, a documentary about this. The thing even had hair and you could make out the feet and legs, and even some of its face. Very interesting.

Back