26 charged in VRS fraud

Viable SUCK! I was almost to get one but I changed my mind. My friends warned me about this. It's RIPPED off and pay the bills. That's stupid! I know who is guy went to school with me in High School. His name is Anthony Mowl. He is Vice President of Viable. That is SHAMEFUL!!!!! He is not my friend anyways.

I doubt it about Purple, Sorenson, and Pah will be next. Because it's no cost fee charge.
what the .....? Viable devices you pay the bills? Impossible!

It is very seriously criminal under the Federal law. The people that pays for the telephone uses are expecting that the FCC pays the fair amount of money to the providers for the right amount of time the actual deaf people uses. Some of these fraudulent provider has been inflating the minutes and hours to their bills to the FCC when the deaf people are actually not using their services. The taxpayers has the rights to know what is going on with these fraudulent providers.

Mod note:

Another thread merged to this thread. :)

Talk about stupidity...thinking they can take advangtage of FCC and getting away with all that money. *rme*

well if these organizations are found guilty some of the money should be recovered from the sizing of property, Taking advantage of the government is one thing using people who are disabled to do it rather pisses me off .

The indictments charge owners and employees of the following seven companies with engaging in a scheme to defraud the FCC’s VRS program:

Viable Communications Inc., of Rockville, Maryland;
Master Communications LLC, of Las Vegas;
KL Communications LLC, of Phoenix;
Mascom LLC of Austin, Texas;
Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Interpreting Services Inc. (DHIS), of New York and New Jersey;
Innovative Communication Services for the Deaf Corp. (ICSD), of Miami Lakes, Florida.; and
Deaf Studio 29 of Huntington Beach, California

What company do they (bold) merge? All of them under Viable?

The indictments charge owners and employees of the following seven companies with engaging in a scheme to defraud the FCC’s VRS program:

Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Interpreting Services Inc. (DHIS), of New York and New Jersey;
Innovative Communication Services for the Deaf Corp. (ICSD), of Miami Lakes, Florida.; and

all companies were charged in separate indictments, just because all the indictments were filed around the same time does not meen that they were commiting the crime in calootion with each other, just that they all may have commited similar crimes , we cant just lump them all together just yet. also just because information has been Subpoenaed about other companies ( like Purple) doese not meen that That the company thay are getting info on did any crime. I am guessing due to the large number of indictments the FCC will be investigating all VRS providers to get a handle on just how mutch fraud is going on in the industry.

They are not merged into or under Viable.

They are all partners with the Viable.

I hope John is innocent. It could be younger one did. Impossible John !! I personally have known him for years, he is very sweet guy and good heart ! ♥

It is a shame but if that makes the Deaf community look bad, what about all those hearing white collar criminals? It happens in the hearing world too. Shit happens and I hope those charged will pay the consequences if found guilty.

Question for you guys : Any one of you had a problem with Purple Language who charged to some deaf customers $ 1.00 for usin' Purple Language ? Is it illegal to charge deaf customers ? They charge them in each time they use Purple Language.

my hubby learned about it and was shocked at the certain person that he knows this person from school. He asked me, " were that very same person we know?" I said, "yes.". He said," Great they took advantage a lot of us for Deaf community." geez.

Those who were guilty took advantage of the taxpayers. That's whose money they stole. People need to be mad, regardless if they are hearing or deaf. You just don't do that, period.

Back