"2012" movie (End of the world? *Shrug*)

I preferred Armageddon over Deep Impact.

Deep Impact was too depressing for me.

Because you have a thing for bruce willis? :naughty: Just kidding!!
I agree that deep impact is a deep depressing but i love BOTH of those shows.

Armageddon was too high and nervous for me while deep impact was too sad and scary for me.

Click:
2012 - Official Movie Site
(Wow with alot of special effect, it looks real to me...interesting)

Movie theater release: Nov 13, 2009

Be prepare for the end of the world in 2012 Geez :eek3:

Are you ready for that?

It's goin' to be very interestin' to watch. I would like to watch it. I don't think that it is goin' to be the end of the world -- IMHO. There's always a hope out there. :)

IF, it happens in 2012 -- I am ready. ;)

:eek2: I'm not ready for 2012. I doubt that's not going to happens in 2012 but will see about that.

Yeah, my BF and I'm going to watch that with CC at movie theater next month (I dunno if they will have CC for "2012" at movie theater).

Peace

I do not believe 2012 will not happen just like other movies that never happen. I would rather wait until I get the DVD or Pay per view channels to watch the movie (2012). I have watch many movies like 1984 about Big Brothers watching us through TV and robots (the movie was produced and directed in 1948). Not true and never did happen in 1984. :giggle: So I know that the movie is all make up and not real at all. So do not be scared about that. Just enjoy and have fun watching while eating popcorn. :D

The trailer is interesting; great special effects.

I've spotted one problem. Towards the end of the clip it shows a Navy aircraft carrier being swamped by a wave. The name on the carrier is "USS John F. Kennedy." The Kennedy was decommissioned in 2007, so it won't be sailing in 2012.

The trailer is interesting; great special effects.

I've spotted one problem. Towards the end of the clip it shows a Navy aircraft carrier being swamped by a wave. The name on the carrier is "USS John F. Kennedy." The Kennedy was decommissioned in 2007, so it won't be sailing in 2012.

lol!!!! good catch! I wouldn't know.

lol!!!! good catch! I wouldn't know.
Another problem is, ships don't have their names painted on their decks the way movie shows.

The only "explanation" I can think of is that the ship would be a floating museum (similar to the Yorktown) in the year 2012 and it breaks loose of its moorings in the tidal wave. But it would not be underway on its own power.

Hello,

I am fdrominjacks.I am new to this site,but I’ve enjoyed posting in your forums.I am waiting this movie.It is released in November.It is very best movie.Everyone to show this movie.2012 will be a leap year starting on Sunday of the Gregorian calendar.It has been designated Alan Turing Year,commemorating the mathematician, computer pioneer, and code-breaker on the centennial of Turing's birth.There are a variety of popular beliefs about the year 2012. These beliefs range from the spiritually transformative to the apocalyptic, and center upon various interpretations of the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar. Contemporary scientists have disputed the apocalyptic versions.

Fentastic movie.

Thank you very much and Stay connected with me.

I watched it on Sunday with my friends and loved it! I'm a fan of natural disaster movies. It was amazing and gave me goosebumps.

Maybe i get it DVD, It look good trailers. But i think it copy other film. Films called the day after tomorrow.

I saw the trailer a while back and it looks very good.

I certainly hope that it's very good.

I hate it when the trailer is better than the movie. I hope that doesn't happen with this movie. That's what happened with War of the Worlds. :roll:

Of course, people saw the original idea, they improve to make better. Other saw it, they make it better!

Concept as sex, first was awkward. Second getting better. lol

Doomsday movies are so lame. Even with 2012, we don't know when the world will end. So many people have their own ideas of how the world will end.

I love Doomsday movies, but "2012" was indeed lame. It was almost a comedy. I'm glad I saw it for free, because otherwise I would have slapped myself for wasting money on a $12 movie ticket.

I love Doomsday movies, but "2012" was indeed lame. It was almost a comedy. I'm glad I saw it for free, because otherwise I would have slapped myself for wasting money on a $12 movie ticket.

Movie tickets cost so much these days along with inflated prices for a small carton of popcorn with a small can of coke!

What do you think about a Doomsday movie called "The Day After Tomorrow"?

What do you think about a Doomsday movie called "The Day After Tomorrow"?

Another dud, and I was really looking forward to seeing it when it came out. The premise was promising, but when they holed up in the library with just a fireplace for warmth, and it was enough to stop the big freeze inside the room, well, that was not realistic according to the ferocity of the climate change. Ooh you got my science going. :laugh2:

Good doomsday movie=Testament

Another dud, and I was really looking forward to seeing it when it came out. The premise was promising, but when they holed up in the library with just a fireplace for warmth, and it was enough to stop the big freeze inside the room, well, that was not realistic according to the ferocity of the climate change. Ooh you got my science going. :laugh2:

Good doomsday movie=Testament

Yeah, "A Day After Tomorrow" is, indeed, a dud. First of all, the ferocity of the climate change was not realistic and second of all, the end of the world is not going to come by such a climate change like in the movie.

As for "Testament," are you talking about the 1983 version?

Yes, I saw it on Netflix. There isn't any graphic destruction, but it's a good psychological doomsday movie. It really made me think.

It is evident that you like movies that compel you to think about certain things. Here are some movies that will make you think even though some of them are not doomsday movies.

Memento (2000)
Butterfly Effect
Edward Scissorhands
A Clockwork Orange

These two I won't watch because I have issues with death especially murder and afterlife. Can't see those movies.>>
Memento (2000)
Butterfly Effect

Saw this and it made me laugh, not think.>>
Edward Scissorhands

I read the book in high school. Violent and crazy, but yes it made me think. I should see the movie.>>
A Clockwork Orange

Thank you for the suggestions.

These two I won't watch because I have issues with death especially murder and afterlife. Can't see those movies.>>
Memento (2000)
Butterfly Effect

Saw this and it made me laugh, not think.>>
Edward Scissorhands

I read the book in high school. Violent and crazy, but yes it made me think. I should see the movie.>>
A Clockwork Orange

Thank you for the suggestions.

You are welcome, Mimsy! Oh come on! You cannot let those issues pertaining to death to stop you from watching Butterfly Effect and Memento. This is simply because if you saw Edward Scissorhands then you saw him murder countless of people in his barber shop!

Back