2010 Election Results

Status
Not open for further replies.
true but that doesn't mean things can't be fixed or at least improved.

Which is what this election was all about. A change in course. People are telling Obama what need to be done. Either he listen to that or he doesn't.

Which is what this election was all about. A change in course. People are telling Obama what need to be done. Either he listen to that or he doesn't.

More of the same old same old is not a change in course. People are scared to death of change. They would rather hang onto the same old destructive policies of the past. As evidenced by their lack of support and demands that things not change. IE: think Tea Party and Republican party.

More of the same old same old is not a change in course. People are scared to death of change. They would rather hang onto the same old destructive policies of the past. As evidenced by their lack of support and demands that things not change. IE: think Tea Party and Republican party.

A sign of change is when people actually wise up and a Libertarian or a Green win a seat. If they can win one seat... then perhaps there is hope for a balanced Senate and House.

The good thing about the Tea Party is... if the Republican Party is fracturing, then something's changing.

A sign of change is when people actually wise up and a Libertarian or a Green win a seat. If they can win one seat... then perhaps there is hope for a balanced Senate and House.

The good thing about the Tea Party is... if the Republican Party is fracturing, then something's changing.

Agreed.

Libertarian? Ew no, not after I read about what they run for.

Independence party sure, but not Libertarian no.

I don't necessarily support the Libertarian party...but it would represent a change.

um... no I didn't state such thing. I asked you if you're saying George Washington was a dictator since.... it's what Roman Empire was based on... dictatorship.

imply imply imply. Perhaps you should ask for clarification instead of assuming.

:eek3:

did souggy say "invented" in his post?

nobody said that except you.

yes. Embarrassing that the Canadian and a Korean-born guy know it better than you.

how did you come to that point?

I have clearly stated that? where? :confused:

and

read Article II.

your reading comprehension = EPIC FAIL?

feel free to ask if you need any more clarification about the American history.

:roll: :crazy: :blah:

Er...

Do you not understand what a balanced Senate is?

I may hate the New Democratic Party or the Bloc Quebocois in my country and would loathes to see them take the helm, but without them, we would have a two-party system between the Conservatives and the Liberals, and neither are true representation of the people's political belief.

With other parties taking up the seats, the minority are forced to find a common ground and forge an alliance which is more or less what the people want in the long run, rather than one party calling all the shots. If the alliance strays from their common grounds, it quickly falls apart.

So I may hate the pseudo-Communist NDP, but I wouldn't want to see my country without them mainly because we need to maintain a system of balance.

I've seen most predictions by analysts as saying the number of seats gained by the Republicans fell between 60 and 70 seats based on continuing polls right up to election time. So far, Republicans have gained 60 seats with 12 seats left to go for a total of 239 seats. There were very few overestimates into the 70s or higher. There were some under-estimates of 30s to 40s seats gained as well.

I'd say Obama acted like a baby. He never bothered to talk to Senate Republican minority Mitch McConnell for 18 months until least week when Obama realized the real prospect of a huge HR gains for Republicans. How convenient.

I saw a video of Obama this morning .... he looks so .... sad.

And a little hungover.

Wasn't the former Vice President Dick Cheney the CEO of Halliburton?

the very same company responsible for unstable cement used at Deepwater Horizon. the worst part? Halliburton knew about it and knowingly proceeded to use it anyway.

Although I agree with much of the Libertarian party platform, I don't consider myself a member of this party.

I take it that you finally admit your errors but you have no recollection of what you typed last nite. I mean that's what your post implies, right? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back