14 YO Boy Kills Teacher

Raping a teacher and slitting her throat is more than "missed sign" it's an ignored pattern of behavior. Everytime we have a violent act in public, and a gun was involved, we attack the gun makers instead of holding the person responsible that committed the act. We blame the security or lack there of that allowed it to happen - at no time do we blame the mental health community...and you know - they're typically the first people that saw a problem and chose not to deal with it.....they passed the buck so to speak. In this student's case, there was abuse in the home "prior physical and emotional abuse as well as alcohol abuse."

So social services or the school he went to in TN had to know there was violence and abuse in the home and they did nothing. He moved to a new school, who knew nothing of his background, because that would have "violated" the student's right to privacy. The safety of the student body or the teachers - or the victim - weren't important enough for them. We don't force the mental health community to be held accountable for their actions that put the public at risk. Why is no one asking how he brought a box cutter in school, and why no one noticed or reported it? Someone saw something. Why no attacking knife makers across the country and going after regular citizens that work with knives - demanding that they take classes for knife safety? I find it unusal how the press is reporting the story.

I expect the defense to say it's society's fault for this tragedy, or his parents fault - certainly not his....

Raping a teacher and slitting her throat is more than "missed sign" it's an ignored pattern of behavior. Everytime we have a violent act in public, and a gun was involved, we attack the gun makers instead of holding the person responsible that committed the act. We blame the security or lack there of that allowed it to happen - at no time do we blame the mental health community...and you know - they're typically the first people that saw a problem and chose not to deal with it.....they passed the buck so to speak. In this student's case, there was abuse in the home "prior physical and emotional abuse as well as alcohol abuse."

So social services or the school he went to in TN had to know there was violence and abuse in the home and they did nothing. He moved to a new school, who knew nothing of his background, because that would have "violated" the student's right to privacy. The safety of the student body or the teachers - or the victim - weren't important enough for them. We don't force the mental health community to be held accountable for their actions that put the public at risk. Why is no one asking how he brought a box cutter in school, and why no one noticed or reported it? Someone saw something. Why no attacking knife makers across the country and going after regular citizens that work with knives - demanding that they take classes for knife safety? I find it unusal how the press is reporting the story.

I expect the defense to say it's society's fault for this tragedy, or his parents fault - certainly not his....

When I heard the boy moved to Ma. from another state I thought didn't the new school get the boy old school records. I thought if a kid got in trouble in school it went on their school record. I guess this time people will blame the company that made the box cutter. I agree this is happening too many times . He might of had the box cutter hidden in the clothes he brought .He a brought a few change of clothes and gloves and ski mask. I do wonder how did his parents not notice their son was bringing a box cutter and extra clothes to school. This is such a horrible tragedy for the teacher family and for her students .

update news

Student, 14, who 'raped teacher with a tree branch, slit her throat and dumped body in the woods' pleads not guilty
Student Philip Chism, 14, who 'raped and murdered teacher Colleen Ritzer' pleads not guilty | Mail Online

Cops: Teen killer left `I hate you all' note next to teacher's body
Herald Bulldog First On The Street | Boston Herald

Teen pleads not guilty in Danvers teacher’s murder
14-year-old pleads not guilty to murder, other charges, in slaying of popular Danvers teacher - Metro - The Boston Globe

Teen pleads not guilty to rape, murder of high school math teacher
Teen pleads not guilty to rape, murder of algebra teacher - CNN.com

Mass. teen pleads not guilty in slaying of math teacher
Mass. teen pleads not guilty in slaying of math teacher - CBS News

his trial on January 30,2014 till verdict will be sentence no matter he will faces 25-30 years or judge will ruled he will jail for lifes no parole but he not get killed teachers also..

The victim's poor family having to bear all this. :(

I think this teen need receive a life sentence in hard labor camp and let him commit suicide.

I'm very sad for poor math teacher. :(

update news

Student, 14, who 'raped teacher with a tree branch, slit her throat and dumped body in the woods' pleads not guilty
Student Philip Chism, 14, who 'raped and murdered teacher Colleen Ritzer' pleads not guilty | Mail Online

Cops: Teen killer left `I hate you all' note next to teacher's body
Herald Bulldog First On The Street | Boston Herald

Teen pleads not guilty in Danvers teacher’s murder
14-year-old pleads not guilty to murder, other charges, in slaying of popular Danvers teacher - Metro - The Boston Globe

Teen pleads not guilty to rape, murder of high school math teacher
Teen pleads not guilty to rape, murder of algebra teacher - CNN.com

Mass. teen pleads not guilty in slaying of math teacher
Mass. teen pleads not guilty in slaying of math teacher - CBS News

his trial on January 30,2014 till verdict will be sentence no matter he will faces 25-30 years or judge will ruled he will jail for lifes no parole but he not get killed teachers also..

:mad:

There are video evidences that he was involved and yet he pleads not guilty?

Who is his lawyer? Private lawyer or public defender?

I get the impression that a "not guilty" plea is pretty standard when they want a jury to decide the case.

I get the feeling that 'not guilty' plea is wasting our time and money when it's obvious they are guilty.

I get the feeling that 'not guilty' plea is wasting our time and money when it's obvious they are guilty.
In America, the legal process established by our Constitution must be followed. We might not like it when the crime is heinous and it seems obvious what happened but the process also protects those defendants who may not be guilty.

The sad thing about a trial, other than the expense, is that the loved ones have to experience reliving the pain. :(

I think this teen need receive a life sentence in hard labor camp and let him commit suicide….
If he commits suicide then that would be a short life sentence. Has he indicated that he wants to kill himself? I don't think he has any remorse or feelings of guilt about what he did.

That's why I asked who his lawyer is. Usually a lawyer tells a defendant to plea guilty when there are plenty of hard evidences like bloody box cutter, her underwear, credit cards, driver's licenses and cellphone found in the backpack, surveillance video, handwriting, etc.

I just found out that his lawyer is a public defender, Denise Regan.

Prosecutor Kate MacDougall said during the hearing that Chism’s competence does not appear to be a concern, but his public defender, Denise Regan, said she might raise the issue if it becomes appropriate to do so. Regan did not elaborate.
I suspect that she will plan to bring it up that Chism has a mental issue due to his parents' divorce that lead to a move to MA.

That's why I asked who his lawyer is. Usually a lawyer tells a defendant to plea guilty when there are plenty of hard evidences like bloody box cutter, her underwear, credit cards, driver's licenses and cellphone found in the backpack, surveillance video, handwriting, etc.

I just found out that his lawyer is a public defender, Denise Regan.

I think she will plan to bring it up that Chism has a mental issue due to his parents' divorce that lead to a move to MA.
It doesn't matter if it's a public defender or a private lawyer, as to how they plead. It depends on the defendant and case, not who the lawyer is.

It doesn't matter if it's a public defender or a private lawyer, as to how they plead. It depends on the defendant and case, not who the lawyer is.
For example, a lawyer knows he's guilty and a judge decides that he's not insane so how can the lawyer win the case?

For example, a lawyer knows he's guilty and a judge decides that he's not insane so how can the lawyer win the case?
It happens. Guilty people get found "not guilty" all the time. There is also the potential for a lesser charge conviction or lesser sentence.

It happens. Guilty people get found "not guilty" all the time. There is also the potential for a lesser charge conviction or lesser sentence.
All the time?
uEjC2D9.gif

Some guilty people do get off due to lack of evidences, therefore their lawyers win the case. But not in this case, his lawyer knows that she will lose because she saw all hard evidences that prove he murdered the teacher.

Back