Winter is finally over!! Whoo Hoo!

I grew up in Southern CA, San Fernando Valley area. So I am a true "Valley Girl". Yes Southern CA has terrible smog. I remember having smog alerts during school and we had to stay inside. Moved to the Bay Area and stayed there around 20 years, had to get away from all the earthquakes. I had been in 4 really big ones. Now we live in Northern CA about an hour outside of Sacramento. I live at the base of the Sierras. Out of all the areas we have lived this is by far the absolute best.

That is cool! No wonder why I got homesick from Lax. I would love go visit to Northern California someday. My cousin is live in San Francisco now. I want to go Napa Valley, Lake Tahoe, SF bay for tour. I didn't know that in Sacramento is hot during summer.

I really love Northern CA. Went there several times to visit my aunt and her family, went to Yosemite and S.F. and to see the redwoods, it was beautiful.
Never been in Southern CA.

Well, the weather yesterday said we would have a 54, and then earlier this morning it said 56, and now it stands at 51 as a high today. Not quite as warm as I would like. However, this weekend will have a high as follows: Saturday, 37, Sunday 30 (no biggie). Then Monday and Tuesday will see 35. Then Wednesday might see 40, and possibly a 48 on Thursday and Friday. The weekend of 3/29 and 3/30 goes as follows: 3/29 might see a high of 49, the 30th might see a high of 60. Then Monday the 31st might see a 64. After that it gets back to chilliness. with 40's on 4/1 and 4/2, and high 50's on 4/3 and 4/4.

Our summers are dry and hot, very little humidity. I've been on vacation to places back East during the summer and I absolutely hated it. I guess you get use to it, right?

Yeah , I did not mind the summers in California, I did never needed to have an A/C running all night to sleep. It rained a lot in the winter but it never became ice. I hate ice!

I really think Mother Nature never got the memo about the 'zero bullying tolerance law' as she is being a big bully .

It is now April 2014, and the weather here has been WILD!! At the beginning of the month, it was way too warm, and then by the middle of the month we had SNOW.:mad: Then we had several days of cooler weather, and it's finally warming up again. Hopefully it will stay this way.

It is still too cold for my taste. Yesterday was nice but need to up the temps another 5 degrees and it would be PERFECT!

It is still too cold for my taste. Yesterday was nice but need to up the temps another 5 degrees and it would be PERFECT!

According to Accuweather it's 45 outside, and we never reached 50 here yesterday. Hopefully today will be warmer.

Here in Arizona the weather is having mood swings as well! One day it's 100 degrees the next it's 40 degrees cooler!

Here in Arizona the weather is having mood swings as well! One day it's 100 degrees the next it's 40 degrees cooler!

It wasn't so long ago that we had a couple of nights below freezing-- both nights reached a low of at least 25 both nights.

My family and friends who live in AZ posted pics of the snow in Flagstaff yesterday on their FB wall. I laughed...lol

Which part of AZ do you live in? I grew up in Phx. Don't miss those hot hot summers!

Oh man! That's way too cold! Where I live it rarely gets below 40 degrees!

The reason why we're having wacko weather is because Lake Michigan is fully frozen solid. That's part of the reason why.

According to Accuweather it's 45 outside, and we never reached 50 here yesterday. Hopefully today will be warmer.

65 to 80 degrees is perfect for me. It is 51 degrees out. Blah

65 to 80 degrees is perfect for me. It is 51 degrees out. Blah

The high for today is in the 80s but the rest of the week it is in the 90s. Arizona has the best weather! Lots and lots of sunshine :)

My family and friends who live in AZ posted pics of the snow in Flagstaff yesterday on their FB wall. I laughed...lol

Which part of AZ do you live in? I grew up in Phx. Don't miss those hot hot summers!

I live in the Tempe Area! The Summers can be incredibly hot, but I will take sweating over shoveling snow any day! My friends living in Flag were dumb founded by the snow!

It is 72 outside in my area because I live in Deep South.

Hate winter? Move to Texas or Florida, or southern Louisiana.

I live in the Tempe Area! The Summers can be incredibly hot, but I will take sweating over shoveling snow any day! My friends living in Flag were dumb founded by the snow!

It isn't bad because you don't have to deal with high humidity. ;)

Back