Winter is finally over!! Whoo Hoo!

Kinda reminds me of the Goldfish in a Bowl....
Oh, look at the pretty castle...

Oh, look at the pretty castle...

you get the idea.

Not talking about going to mommy and daddy, talking about getting out of the house from time to time, take a REAL trip, relax and enjoy the outdoors.
I used to travel to other states to meet people, sight see and just have a good time AWAY from home.

That's the problem-- I don't have the network nor the resources to do that. And I cannot be away from this house any more than 30 days-- it's their rules.

That's the problem-- I don't have the network nor the resources to do that. And I cannot be away from this house any more than 30 days-- it's their rules.

ok so whats wrong with a week vacation, even a couple day?
Network? you dont need a damn train to go everywhere. Im sure you know people outside of AD/FACEBOOK...ect...
Just make plans to go camping, a trip to Mexico, wherever...even a local park and fish for the day...anything.

I got 2 friends from highschool (girls) and if i said anything remotely to fishing they would be here in a split second ready to go.
Other friends love to camp.
Me, if my wife could take off work ( and kids were out of school or on summer vacation ) we would be gone... but currently getting ready to move so thats my excuse... then again, my move is done.

Really. Budget your money, you dont have to spend ever dime you get and save it up for a rainy day and just go. Rent a car, call a cab, ride with a friend and just go. remember Forrest just ran, he didnt know where he was running to but he just ran. He got to where he couldnt run no more, turned around and ran back....lol
Theres no limit what you can do, just put your mind to it and do it.

I want to take the family to WDW, and possibly next year I will have that accomplished?

Network? you dont need a damn train to go everywhere. Im sure you know people outside of AD/FACEBOOK...ect...
Just make plans to go camping, a trip to Mexico, wherever...even a local park and fish for the day...anything.

I got 2 friends from highschool (girls) and if i said anything remotely to fishing they would be here in a split second ready to go.
Other friends love to camp.
Me, if my wife could take off work ( and kids were out of school or on summer vacation ) we would be gone... but currently getting ready to move so thats my excuse... then again, my move is done.

Really. Budget your money, you dont have to spend ever dime you get and save it up for a rainy day and just go. Rent a car, call a cab, ride with a friend and just go. remember Forrest just ran, he didnt know where he was running to but he just ran. He got to where he couldnt run no more, turned around and ran back....lol
Theres no limit what you can do, just put your mind to it and do it.

I want to take the family to WDW, and possibly next year I will have that accomplished?

Yeah, about going to local seasonal attractions around the area-- I'm not sure if most of them are open, due to the prolonged cold that's been sticking around here. Heck, I'm not sure if Six Flags will be open this Saturday or not if it's not warm enough. And yes, I do know a few people that aren't family, but most of them are here in my state. And two live in Delaware.

If I buy it the same day, it definitely would cost a heckva lot more than $57.80

only $57 to get across states by train that good....Mark you should get out of Illinois from time to time big world so many things to see and world go beyond America(americans tend to forget:naughty:)I older than you and travel world backpacking it can be done cheaply...I think you would enjoy different perspective Canada not that far and your trains so cheap I would go.

only $57 to get across states by train that good....Mark you should get out of Illinois from time to time big world so many things to see and world go beyond America(americans tend to forget:naughty:)I older than you and travel world backpacking it can be done cheaply...I think you would enjoy different perspective Canada not that far and your trains so cheap I would go.

Canada is a 8-10 hour drive from here through Minnesota. Can't go through Wisconsin to do that. And if I ever went, I'd want to go to Toronto.

Problem is he can't drive due to his medical condition. I know you can get a cab but that gets really expensive. It's why earlier I suggested exploring the world on a bicycle. You can cover a lot of ground fast and even if you just get a few miles out of chicago it would do the soul good!

Problem is he can't drive due to his medical condition. I know you can get a cab but that gets really expensive. It's why earlier I suggested exploring the world on a bicycle. You can cover a lot of ground fast and even if you just get a few miles out of chicago it would do the soul good!
I know that around here people can combine a bus trip with bicycling. The buses have racks on the front of them for carrying the passengers' bikes. They can ride the bus thru the congested city area, then ride the bike in the open area.

Yeah, it would-- except that temps in the 40's is not quality bicycle temps. 65 or warmer is.

I know that around here people can combine a bus trip with bicycling. The buses have racks on the front of them for carrying the passengers' bikes. They can ride the bus thru the congested city area, then ride the bike in the open area.

The CTA does that too. Problem is, some of the bus drivers aren't exactly careful when it comes to driving a bus. I once had to report a driver for putting lip gloss on while driving, which is a big no-no, and that bus swerved and nearly hit a couple of cars. When I told the CTA Brown Line Supervisor what happened, they checked the camera of that bus to verify my story, and I don't know what happened after that, but when I saw him again, he was NOT happy-- they had verified what I had told them.

I got friends in the trucking business.. the insurance is for "passengers" not an individual person specifically. Some trucking companies welcome a passenger to keep the driver company so they dont fall asleep behind the wheel or even as a second driver for coast to coast hauls. Man I wish you would quit exaggerating, make up stories. Buy you a freaking ticket and get the hell out of the house for a few days, leave all communication devices at home and go fishing. quit all the BSing and jilly jollying around with excuses. Im disabled, limited income and I could just leave right now and not come back for a month if I wanted to... whats holding you up? You dont have a kid to watch or care for.... quit playing pocket pool.

What about you drive to his house and pick him up? :lol:

Their rules? You are adult and you make decision, not your parent.

Are you on court order that require you to stay in Chicago?

The CTA does that too. Problem is, some of the bus drivers aren't exactly careful when it comes to driving a bus. I once had to report a driver for putting lip gloss on while driving, which is a big no-no, and that bus swerved and nearly hit a couple of cars. When I told the CTA Brown Line Supervisor what happened, they checked the camera of that bus to verify my story, and I don't?know what happened after that, but when I saw him again, he was NOT happy-- they had verified what I had told them.
OK but none of that would prevent you from using the service.

It might be a requirement of his program eligibility.

However, he could certainly go on trips that are shorter than 30 days.

No. This house has a waiting list. It's a hot place for deaf Thresholds members who want to be independent.

Yes, that is correct. I HAVE gone on trips longer than 3 days-- my two longest vacations were 11 and 10 days.

You know, Mark, I wonder if you're wanting to become fully independent have you thought about what you'd do for a job? I remember you said they're giving you a few years to reach that goal so why not take all this free time you got an look around for job ads? You could even volunteer just for a start or work in some part-time job just so that you can gain experience and understand how it works in the job force.

That would be much better than hanging around here all the time.

Oh I see, that's new to me. :hmm:

No. This house has a waiting list. It's a hot place for deaf Thresholds members who want to be independent.

Ok, I don't trust group homes or assisted housing, so I rather to take care of myself and own the property with my libertarian value. ;)

You know, Mark, I wonder if you're wanting to become fully independent have you thought about what you'd do for a job? I remember you said they're giving you a few years to reach that goal so why not take all this free time you got an look around for job ads? You could even volunteer just for a start or work in some part-time job just so that you can gain experience and understand how it works in the job force.

That would be much better than hanging around here all the time.

Well, that's funny. I can't say much now, but expect me to post a LOT less. You'll find out why in good time.

Back