which is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wirelessly posted

posts from hell said:
Wirelessly posted

yes, my husband and myself can sign. None else in the family knows more than a handful, in spite of deaf mentors, asl classes and being constantly forced to attend deaf events.

my statement was simply a fact. I know plenty of people who place no value on spoken language, and that is absolutely wonderful. If you choose not to implant as a child, you are choosing to make the outcome completely different than it would have been with the CI. Different, not worse.

Then why make that comment trying to berate another parent?

didn't berate. Stated a simple fact that some people don't like.

Wirelessly posted
If you choose not to implant as a child, you are choosing to make the outcome completely different than it would have been with the CI. Different, not worse.

then why don't you just say so and leave it at that? but now that you've said this: "self-congradulatory, close minded, pity parties" in regards to deaf people, anything you have to say from this point forward means nothing and has zero value to me.

Wirelessly posted

i made a simple statement. I stand behind it 100%. If you don't value spoken language, don't implant. That IS a decision.

No, I am holding you accountable for that kind of bullshit you pulled. Alongside with several other members that you've dismissed up to this point.

I've flown a plane with another Deaf pilot before.

I've actually directed traffic before. Not hard at all.

Control Tower - Obviously, since this is a world full of hearies.

Seriously, pitiful list.
I'm not talking about towered airports. I fly out of an open airport w/o tower but I will not fly with out headset and radio. I've stayed on the ground when radio wold not work. When in the pattern of uncontrolled airport we broadcast our position for others and we listen for position of others and rear view does not work well in most planes :) Also while on subject, I seriously doubt one can get a commercial drivers license and I know that one can not get a marine commercial license. Very difficult if one even uses HA's as coast guard says one has to be able to tell the direction of bells in a thick fog. I contend that one with perfect hearing would not be able to either. If go in and take test w/o aids one can get by. Then they won't test or ask. At one time we had a 100 ton license off shore and inland waters. Of course that is all in the past now.

no idea. I have totally no idea what conductive, sensoneurial (whatever the spelling is) and the whole book of terms related to hearing loss means.

so i never brought it up. I was born deaf, and that is all i know.

LOL me too. Just deaf is a plain word. :lol:

No, I am holding you accountable for that kind of bullshit you pulled. Alongside with several other members that you've dismissed up to this point.

I didn't know until now that hearing aids have no role in accessing spoken language. I must be some miracle child touched by god because somehow I do have access to spoken language without implantation. How can that ever be??

I'm not talking about towered airports. I fly out of an open airport w/o tower but I will not fly with out headset and radio. I've stayed on the ground when radio wold not work. When in the pattern of uncontrolled airport we broadcast our position for others and we listen for position of others and rear view does not work well in most planes :) Also while on subject, I seriously doubt one can get a commercial drivers license and I know that one can not get a marine commercial license. Very difficult if one even uses HA's as coast guard says one has to be able to tell the direction of bells in a thick fog. I contend that one with perfect hearing would not be able to either. If go in and take test w/o aids one can get by. Then they won't test or ask. At one time we had a 100 ton license off shore and inland waters. Of course that is all in the past now.
no? then I refer you to Jiros post.

There's over 400 Deaf pilots in the USA right now. Watch out for them next time you are flying.

Oh, please use a blindfold and rely entirely just on your hearing if its the best sense to have while you're at it.

I didn't know until now that hearing aids have no role in accessing spoken language. I must be some miracle child touched by god because somehow I do have access to spoken language without implantation. How can that ever be??

I need to visit you just to touch you....

I've been scanning this thread and I've come to realize something.

When reading certain posts from certain people makes you wanna take an ativan so you don't punch your moniter; it's time to take a break from AD.

I'll be back soon. Choking some people seems like a really good idea right now, and, that would not be good. :roll:

Wirelessly posted

DeafCaroline said:

i didn't say that either.

i said that if you don't value spoken language don't implant. I didn't say that all kids need implants to access spoken language. That is far from the truth.

i do stand behind the statement that a child will a severe loss will most likely be unable to understand spoken language without lipreading with hearing aids alone.

Wirelessly posted

i didn't say that either.

i said that if you don't value spoken language don't implant. I didn't say that all kids need implants to access spoken language. That is far from the truth.

i do stand behind the statement that a child will a severe loss will most likely be unable to understand spoken language without lipreading with hearing aids alone.

um hello, I've been saying about 10 times here that I have severe hearing loss. I am a member of the Centerville Jazz band with 2 cochlear implants, I have had speech therapy since i was 4 years old, I have learned ASL since I was 3 years old, I lipread, I can use spoken language. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back