Which is better: AT&T iPhone or Verizon iPhone?

I am thinking of buying I Phone when it comes out this summer because my girlfriend's Verizon contract will be up. She likes the coverage with Verizon much better. Her 2 sister has I Phone 4s and the coverage was bad in Pentwater this summer. Her ancient Verizon phone worked just fine out there.

I think that $55 for unlimited data is much, much better than $45 for 2 gb, but that is just me. I Wish I knew exactly when I Phone 5 will come out. I understand that it will have both Keyboard and touch screen typing. Mytouch 3G Slide which i have right now has both keyboard and touch screen typing. I like that a lot. I wouldn't mind having I Phone 5 and so would my girlfriend if it has keyboard.

But Verizon unlimited data plan will be end this summer. iPhone5 is not coming out in June but in September.

But Verizon unlimited data plan will be end this summer. iPhone5 is not coming out in June but in September.

If I get iPhone 4 by May is it possible to get the unlimited Data Package and be grandfathered in for two years?

If I get iPhone 4 by May is it possible to get the unlimited Data Package and be grandfathered in for two years?

Dunno about Verizon's policy. I still have my unlimited plan that was grandfathered a good while ago.

I think that Verizon grandfathered data plan is longer. My AT&T unlimited data plan for iPhone 3GS is last July 2009 till transfer to iPhone 4. I will keep grandfathered in life if transfer to new device. I hope you get new iPhone 4 earlier.

You are thinking I will eventually jailbreak it, aren't you? :lol:

Dixie, you know why jailbreak is so important. Many users won't pay for tethering and hotspots monthly service at $20/mo. and need to use FaceTime over 3G. Cydia apps have tethering/hotspots and FaceTime over 3g. No monthly charge.

Dixie, you know why jailbreak is so important. Many users won't pay for tethering and hotspots monthly service at $20/mo. and need to use FaceTime over 3G. Cydia apps have tethering/hotspots and FaceTime over 3g. No monthly charge.

$20/mo to tether? Damn that's ridiculous. But to do this with Cydia apps you must have 32GB iPhone with hotspot capability, no?

I thought Skype Video Chat solved the FaceTime over 3G issue, no?

I think I will have to play with my phone as standard without jailbreak to learn more without asking stupid questions. :lol:

I'm hoping in future versions of iPhone Apple will allow FaceTime over 3G and hopefully AT&T and Verizon will re-introduce their unlimited data package plan. They've definitely found a way to screw people over that like to use the data functions of their devices. :shock: But I am still set on iPhone. I will just have to find a way around these road blocks.

$20/mo to tether? Damn that's ridiculous. But to do this with Cydia apps you must have 32GB iPhone with hotspot capability, no?

I think I will have to play with my phone as standard without jailbreak to learn more without asking stupid questions. :lol:

I'm hoping in future versions of iPhone Apple will allow FaceTime over 3G and hopefully AT&T and Verizon will re-introduce their unlimited data package plan. They've definitely found a way to screw people over that like to use the data functions of their devices. :shock: But I am still set on iPhone. I will just have to find a way around these road blocks.

Cydia do not matter for size of capacity. It's work fine for iPod touch 8GB and iPhone 4 16GB.

MyWI 4.0 app cost $20. It's work great for tether thru WIFI, USB, and bluetooth.

Skype Video Chat work fine without jailbreak over 3G.

Facetime app won't allow to use over 3G, It's only work on WIFI, so use My3G app (jailbreak) to allow it.

Skype can support both of 3G and WiFi. FaceTime video quality is better than Skype and Tango. FaceTime should be both of them but no word from Apple yet. Don't matter any GB on iPhone for hotspot capability. MyWi is fine. Highlander is right what he says.

huh? what are you talking about? :confused:

we're talking about iTunes... it's in your computer. You have to use iTunes to connect to your iPod/iPhone to manage songs.

eh why should I bother explaining? You don't use iTunes for songs anyway.

when it comes to songs - 16gb is too small. way too small. What you think why they offer 32gb for iPhone? or 64gb for iPod Touch? or 160gb for iPod Classic?

you think it's for apps and games? nope!!!!! people are obsessed with songs and they want thousands thousands thousands of songs so they need more than 16gb.

I never use iTunes for manage songs. I use it for app and video only. I am Deaf and what the point to download another software that better than itunes for songs that I dont need it?

iTunes sucks ass to manage the photos too and I tried to add new photos so iTunes asked me to clear all photos before add photos can be made. That's pissed me off and Apple, time for you to improve iTunes on photos and songs.

iTunes sucks ass to manage the photos too and I tried to add new photos so iTunes asked me to clear all photos before add photos can be made. That's pissed me off and Apple, time for you to improve iTunes on photos and songs.
For the 'new' photos, you will need to put them in a new folder and select the specific folder, then sych it in. I did some few photos on my iPhone without any issues. :)

For the 'new' photos, you will need to put them in a new folder and select the specific folder, then sych it in. I did some few photos on my iPhone without any issues. :)

Well, I formatted my HDD after OS messed up and lost photo folder so no way for iPhone to keep remain photos as put new one in different folder will make replace all photos.

I prefer to add photo individually and remove some photos without need stupid folders, just like Windows, Mac OS X and Android. :roll:

Well, I formatted my HDD after OS messed up and lost photo folder so no way for iPhone to keep remain photos as put new one in different folder will make replace all photos.

I prefer to add photo individually and remove some photos without need stupid folders, just like Windows, Mac OS X and Android. :roll:
Like Chevy57 recommended and you should have back up external hard drive for your computer, do you have one?

For music, I like to use Audiogalaxy on my iPhone, so I don't have to bother actually loading my music onto my phone - frees up space for my hundreds of photos and videos and apps, haha.

You install the Audiogalaxy program on your PC/Mac, (& the iPhone app, ofc) and tell the program where on your computer your music is stored, and off you go. The only thing is you have to leave your computer on/awake & Audiogalaxy running in order to have the music streaming actually work. For me, it's worth not having to deal with space issues. (I had a 8gb iPhone originally, got a 16gb a couple months ago ... which isn't really a lot of space especially when it comes to music, as I'm sure you know)

ETA: I'm on AT&T and I've been happy with it. I'm on a family plan, though, so that makes it a bit cheaper for me, and my parents can use my minutes which would be sitting there wasted otherwise. I'd say it depends on the coverage you get where you live.

Back