Which is better: AT&T iPhone or Verizon iPhone?

Ok... if jailbreak, then No monthly charge for the tethering, but will still use out of the normal 2gb plan, right?

Well, I have my grandfathered unlimited data plan for my AT&T iPhone. If you have Verizon iPhone, keep unlimited data plan now till changing to limited data plan this summer.

Just a word of caution - I've read in a couple places that the white iPhone is slightly bigger/thicker than the black iPhone, which may cause problems in finding a case that'll fit.

For instance, I prefer my phones to keep their slim profile, so I have a hard plastic case that molds to the shape of the iPhone without adding much bulk... so... just a FYI :)

I know that white iphone can't fit some cases. Should look for newer cases for it. Someone wants to buy iChair case for iPhone but ask company if fitting cases for it at first.

I don't think Verizon has the white iPhone, I believe it is in the AT&T network only and even then it is only in select areas. As for size differences, there shouldn't be. Same mold size, just different color plastic. I wouldn't mind a white iPhone, but what's the point if I am going to have an otterbox wrapped around it? I can just buy a white otterbox. :lol:

WHen are you getting your iPhone, Dixie?

I was going to get it today, but due to the flooding we decided to wait until a better day this week as we did not want to get out and then not be able to get back home, plus my dad had a meeting to go to tonight. Since he is the primary number on the account he must be present for the upgrade and to release the phone number over to me for 'assumption of the contract'. Hopefully we will get this done this week as I have tried being patient but I also hate getting put off like this. :aw:

It is official. I now have a white iPhone 4 through Verizon wireless. I was able to keep my number and my credit was good enough that I was not required to pay a deposit down for when I transferred my number from my parents account over into my own name. To see my new phone check out my photos:

Attachments

• Picture0050.JPG
    Picture0050.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Picture0051.JPG
    Picture0051.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 8
Congratulations, Dixie! You have it.

Thank ya!!! :D

I've since downloaded a few apps:
Facebook, Blackboard Mobile, Flixster, On This Day..., GasBuddy, QR Reader for iPhone, ShopSavy Barcode Scanner. Anything else to get me started to fully utilize my phone?

It is official. I now have a white iPhone 4 through Verizon wireless. I was able to keep my number and my credit was good enough that I was not required to pay a deposit down for when I transferred my number from my parents account over into my own name. To see my new phone check out my photos:
You must be a happy person now with the new phone :)

Facebook, Blackboard Mobile, Flixster, On This Day..., GasBuddy, QR Reader for iPhone, ShopSavy Barcode Scanner. Anything else to get me started to fully utilize my phone?
Try and download the App starter - that'll get you what you need to find what apps you want :)

You must be a happy person now with the new phone :)

Yes I am quite happy with it right now. I didn't expect to get a white one as I thought Verizon sold only black ones. People kept asking me about my iPhone today at church. They were asking where I got the white iPhone. I told them Verizon. I also got a black and white plaid cover for it. They don't sell otterbox at the Verizon store, but I may purchase one later.

So yup I'm quite happy with my purchase.

Yes I am quite happy with it right now. I didn't expect to get a white one as I thought Verizon sold only black ones. People kept asking me about my iPhone today at church. They were asking where I got the white iPhone. I told them Verizon. I also got a black and white plaid cover for it. They don't sell otterbox at the Verizon store, but I may purchase one later.

So yup I'm quite happy with my purchase.
The white iPhone came out just recently, that's why.
Since the iPhone 4 release, it was only black, like I have.

You may install ClearCaptions app if you want. Or P3 or Z4 app.

The white iPhone came out just recently, that's why.
Since the iPhone 4 release, it was only black, like I have.

From what I've heard, the white iPhone has been out on the AT&T network for a while now and was limited to select areas.

I didn't even know Verizon had a white iPhone until I walked up to the door on the store and noticed a banner advertising a white iPhone 4. I thought "Hmm, now that would be nice." So when they asked what color I wanted I said white if you have it in stock. The lady looked in the back and said it was the last white iPhone they had on hand. :shock: I got lucky on that one. I am sure they will be ordering more. But people are just like "What kind of phone is that?" Then they look closer and realize it's a white iPhone. They seem to like it. It's different. :cool2:

From what I've heard, the white iPhone has been out on the AT&T network for a while now and was limited to select areas.

I didn't even know Verizon had a white iPhone until I walked up to the door on the store and noticed a banner advertising a white iPhone 4. I thought "Hmm, now that would be nice." So when they asked what color I wanted I said white if you have it in stock. The lady looked in the back and said it was the last white iPhone they had on hand. :shock: I got lucky on that one. I am sure they will be ordering more. But people are just like "What kind of phone is that?" Then they look closer and realize it's a white iPhone. They seem to like it. It's different. :cool2:
I used to have white iPhone 3Gs, before I got my iPhone4 ....these were great phones. Sadly, I gave it to my little brother.

I used to have white iPhone 3Gs, before I got my iPhone4 ....these were great phones. Sadly, I gave it to my little brother.

What's even more sad is that here in the United States, AT&T has been advertising iPhone 3GS for $49.99 now. Two years ago they were $199 or more. I guess they are trying to get rid of their overstock. Maybe they will move the iPhone 3GS to their 'pre-paid' phones list?

Back