Which is better: AT&T iPhone or Verizon iPhone?

Dixie

Farting Snowflakes
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am considering getting an iPhone but my contract does not expire until September 2 (I'm nearly counting down the days) but I want to know which mobile service provider is best with the iPhone? I do know that Verizon provides better coverage but we do not have 3G but rather 'extended 3G/EVDO' which on my current 'smartphone' is crap and useless. I currently have an LG EnV3. I plan to sell the phone once I get set up on iPhone. A good friend of mine says she gets good date on her AT&T iPhone out here, but my brother says he has difficulty on his AT&T Android phone.

The reasons for me wanting an iPhone:
1. I can do things on the go more often such as checking email, facebook, online assignments at Uni (given I get to re-enroll this fall).
2. I can have all of my music stored on my phone instead of having to carry a seperate device (phone and iPod gets cumbersome - let's just roll it all onto one device and simplify)
3. I can easily upload photos on the go such as the huge house that was literally being moved through town two weeks ago - I would have loved to have gotten a pic but my phone just wasn't cooperating.
4. I can use it as a notepad to write down my time for when I am working with dogs. I'm currently having to do it the old-fashioned way - a small notepad in the glovebox and tally up the time on Thursday nights for payday on Friday.
5. I can better plan my Saturday nights by saving time checking out movie times over the phone rather than having to drive home and waste time on the computer when I could be getting cleaned up and not necessarily have to go to the late movie.
6. I love the barcode scanner app that tells you the best deals in town for the product you are looking at - the same goes for the gas buddy app.
7. If I can't locate where I am going (which is often) I can use google maps which are fairly accurate.
8. I would feel less like a cavewoman and more modern.
9. I could visit AD.com mobile more often.
10. because they're just damn cool. ha.

So what are your thoughts? Which is better AT&T or Verizon for the iPhone?

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

Android phones can do all the above the op posted.

webexplorer said:
sequoias said:
Android phones can do all the above the op posted.

Yes, I have heard about it. I haven't compared the prices on both devices.

Yeah, I have an Android smartphone thats how I know. I love it! Usually powerful Android phones can be cheaper than an iPhone 4. The biggest downside is that you need a PC with Windows to flash the rom to a new version of the OS. IPhone is so easy that a 10 year old can do it.

Last edited:
Well, from the signalling standpoint: AT&T uses GSM, and Verizon uses CDMA. CMDA signalling causes less interference with Hearing Aids. And since I've used both providers while on the job, I've also found Verizon to be better coverage. Plus Verizon has three times the subscribers as AT&T (that's before their T-mobile merger hits, which might just throw a monkey wrench into their service...)

Anyhow, that's my thoughts...

If my playlist wasn't in iTunes I'd go with Android - but since everything is already in iTunes, I'm set on iPhone. However when I do get the iPhone, it will be iPhone 5 and not iPhone 4 as by the time my contract is up iPhone 5 will be released. However I prefer the look of iPhone 4 to iPhone 5. If Verizon runs a deal on the iPhone 4 I will get it instead and I can load an updated OS to it. Besides I'm not betting that there will be any significant upgrades to iPhone 5 compared to iPhone 4.

Dixie said:
If my playlist wasn't in iTunes I'd go with Android - but since everything is already in iTunes, I'm set on iPhone. However when I do get the iPhone, it will be iPhone 5 and not iPhone 4 as by the time my contract is up iPhone 5 will be released. However I prefer the look of iPhone 4 to iPhone 5. If Verizon runs a deal on the iPhone 4 I will get it instead and I can load an updated OS to it. Besides I'm not betting that there will be any significant upgrades to iPhone 5 compared to iPhone 4.

did you know that there are a few software that enable android phones to work on itunes?

did you know that there are a few software that enable android phones to work on itunes?

ew why would they want to play with iTunes?

iTunes sux!!!!!

That's her choice, not ours. :)

I'm giving ya'all an information that ya'all probably didn't know. There are other programs that is better than iTunes but can work with iPod

Managing thousands of songs isn't hard in iTunes for me. I have around 5,000 I believe. Obviously I couldn't put all of them on the iPhone as I would want to save my memory for other things. I just simply rotate them out as I see fit.

Managing thousands of songs isn't hard in iTunes for me. I have around 5,000 I believe. Obviously I couldn't put all of them on the iPhone as I would want to save my memory for other things. I just simply rotate them out as I see fit.

iPhone 4 with 16GB is pretty plenty to me.

as far as I know, AT&T can make the iPhone data only for deaf customers with the TAP plan. But you have to call AT&T and request that service, or go to an AT&T shop and ask for it.. if ordering online, you HAVE to pick a voice+data package (but then you call and ask for the TAP plan and the AT&T rep will take care of it). I've been told Verizon doesn't offer Data only plans for their iPhones. That is, if you want a data-only plan. AT&T's pricing plan seems more reasonable, Verizon costs more.
I myself am "shopping" around too for a new phone since I have the Sidekick LX 2009 from T-mobile and that will be useless by May 31. Pft! Am thinking of just switching to AT&T or Verizon, since Wyoming offers both (well, AT&T should be rolling in sometime this month as they replace Alltel).

Back