Which is better: AT&T iPhone or Verizon iPhone?

I never use iTunes for manage songs. I use it for app and video only. I am Deaf and what the point to download another software that better than itunes for songs that I dont need it?

The OP mentioned that she doesn't have an iPhone yet, and therefore doesn't have any apps to be managed by iTunes. Thus, she'd only be using iTunes for music.

My personal preference for iTunes replacement is Songbird, but I've not looked into them in a while. Of course, I'm not sure if iTunes purchased songs are still DRM'd, and if they are, if non-iTunes players can manage them, so you might have a one-time DRM-removal party if you switch out.

I'd +1 the Android suggestion, unless you just want an iPhone just because it's an iPhone - Android can do everything an iPhone can, while giving you far more phone options (ie want a qwerty keyboard? too bad if you go iPhone). You're also much more likely to be able to negotiate a better contract change (if you have to make any) if you're not going the iPhone route, since they know anyone who's gonna buy an iPhone only has two options.

(Side note - I hate Apple for standardizing the iCrap styling. It looks stupid, but looks sloppy to me to not apply it to stuff.)

The OP mentioned that she doesn't have an iPhone yet, and therefore doesn't have any apps to be managed by iTunes. Thus, she'd only be using iTunes for music.

My personal preference for iTunes replacement is Songbird, but I've not looked into them in a while. Of course, I'm not sure if iTunes purchased songs are still DRM'd, and if they are, if non-iTunes players can manage them, so you might have a one-time DRM-removal party if you switch out.

I'd +1 the Android suggestion, unless you just want an iPhone just because it's an iPhone - Android can do everything an iPhone can, while giving you far more phone options (ie want a qwerty keyboard? too bad if you go iPhone). You're also much more likely to be able to negotiate a better contract change (if you have to make any) if you're not going the iPhone route, since they know anyone who's gonna buy an iPhone only has two options.

(Side note - I hate Apple for standardizing the iCrap styling. It looks stupid, but looks sloppy to me to not apply it to stuff.)

Great. Now which of the two carriers has the best TAP plan for iPhone?

huh? what are you talking about? :confused:

we're talking about iTunes... it's in your computer. You have to use iTunes to connect to your iPod/iPhone to manage songs.

eh why should I bother explaining? You don't use iTunes for songs anyway.

when it comes to songs - 16gb is too small. way too small. What you think why they offer 32gb for iPhone? or 64gb for iPod Touch? or 160gb for iPod Classic?

you think it's for apps and games? nope!!!!! people are obsessed with songs and they want thousands thousands thousands of songs so they need more than 16gb.

They want songs? I thought they wanted all the available and future versions of Angry Birds. :hmm:

:laugh2: What is this 'Angry Birds'?
A fabulous game which I have for PC. My daughter has is on her Android and I play it with my granddaughter.

Basically birds are angry because pigs stole their eggs. So you spend a lot of time shooting birds at structures to collapse them on pigs.

Last edited:
So it's like pig hunting on LSD more or less? LMAO.

Don't you have iPod touch do you?
download the Angry birds and play - thank us later.

Yes! She will too!

I did have iPod Touch until it dissappeared. Last place I had it was in the living room, after that, gone. We have looked everywhere. I said fuck- it, I'm not buying another one. So I just switched back to my old iPod.

At least with iPhone - if I lose it and I suspect someone has stolen it, I can do a remote wipe and brick it - or if I suspect it has been misplaced around the house, I can call it and have my daughter locate it by following the sound. My DD had a habit of picking up the iPod Touch and playing with it, setting it down and forgetting where she put it after I had told her repeatedly to not touch it, it is not her toy to play with. After the last time I said I'm not playing this game and going on a hunt for this stupid thing every couple of days. I told her its lost, its lost, I'm not replacing it. She said she had it but cannot remember where she put it. She whined for days and days over it, but now she barely remembers it.

I have already told her if I catch her playing with iPhone I will spank her until she remembers it when she gets old. :shock:

I did have iPod Touch until it dissappeared. Last place I had it was in the living room, after that, gone. We have looked everywhere. I said fuck- it, I'm not buying another one. So I just switched back to my old iPod.

At least with iPhone - if I lose it and I suspect someone has stolen it, I can do a remote wipe and brick it - or if I suspect it has been misplaced around the house, I can call it and have my daughter locate it by following the sound. My DD had a habit of picking up the iPod Touch and playing with it, setting it down and forgetting where she put it after I had told her repeatedly to not touch it, it is not her toy to play with. After the last time I said I'm not playing this game and going on a hunt for this stupid thing every couple of days. I told her its lost, its lost, I'm not replacing it. She said she had it but cannot remember where she put it. She whined for days and days over it, but now she barely remembers it.

I have already told her if I catch her playing with iPhone I will spank her until she remembers it when she gets old. :shock:
Next time, install 'Find my iPhone' app on your iPod or iPhone (don't ask, iPod Touch works fine, I tested on my friend's iPod - as long it is connected to WiFi ). This app is free now, and it is helpful when you can't find or the item is stolen, you can lock the phone remotely, or last resort remote wipe otherwise you will be able to locate it via ipad, or the computer on www.mobileme.com

Next time, install 'Find my iPhone' app on your iPod or iPhone (don't ask, iPod Touch works fine, I tested on my friend's iPod - as long it is connected to WiFi ). This app is free now, and it is helpful when you can't find or the item is stolen, you can lock the phone remotely, or last resort remote wipe otherwise you will be able to locate it via ipad, or the computer on www.mobileme.com

A bit useless now though as iPod Touch is still not found and likely dead as it has been missing for months. However this is definitely going on my iPhone. Then set to ring and vibrate the most annoying and obnoxious ring possible. It would be nice if I could make the thing flash too, lol.

A bit useless now though as iPod Touch is still not found and likely dead as it has been missing for months. However this is definitely going on my iPhone. Then set to ring and vibrate the most annoying and obnoxious ring possible. It would be nice if I could make the thing flash too, lol.
You can make it flash only if you jailbreak it..................

I am thinking of buying I Phone when it comes out this summer because my girlfriend's Verizon contract will be up. She likes the coverage with Verizon much better. Her 2 sister has I Phone 4s and the coverage was bad in Pentwater this summer. Her ancient Verizon phone worked just fine out there.

I think that $55 for unlimited data is much, much better than $45 for 2 gb, but that is just me. I Wish I knew exactly when I Phone 5 will come out. I understand that it will have both Keyboard and touch screen typing. Mytouch 3G Slide which i have right now has both keyboard and touch screen typing. I like that a lot. I wouldn't mind having I Phone 5 and so would my girlfriend if it has keyboard.

it is not me thinking - it is not available for the non-jailbreaking holders...

Maybe I am just a non-jailbreaking wimp. :aw: I *might* after I have had the phone for a while. You had yours for nearly a year before you jailbroke it I believe.

BTW - why did you jailbreak yours? Just curious.

Maybe I am just a non-jailbreaking wimp. :aw: I *might* after I have had the phone for a while. You had yours for nearly a year before you jailbroke it I believe.

BTW - why did you jailbreak yours? Just curious.
Becuase there are few apps I want to get that the official App store doesn't have.
and to customise the lockscreen as well.

Becuase there are few apps I want to get that the official App store doesn't have.
and to customise the lockscreen as well.

What are these apps? I am sure you got them from Cydia.

Back