What's your dinner tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bed of red leaf lettuce with different things in pretty groups on top. There was shaved cucumber, finely grated carrot, marinated artichoke hearts, whole baby beets, one thinly sliced scallion, chopped crunchy fried chicken breast - one shared between us - served with "soda" crackers and pineapple soda. I had honey mustard salad dressing and my husband had green goddess. I almost chose a light raspberry vinegar and walnut dressing but the honey mustard had more taste and fewer calories. Hmm..

Diced, roasted organic beets; leafy green salad, and a ground beef casserole, kind of southwestern in flavor.

3 sorts of seafood salads, including octopus, calamari and shrimp with crab, cilantro and jalapeno. There were amazing nori, sushi and other pretty rolls, fruits, buns - oh it was just sinful. It was great! My husband took me to the new Asian buffet. Garish, brightly lit, tacky and dreadful decor and food heaven. It should thrive here as many things are round, brown and crispy while managing to drip oil. The rest is genius.

Gonna have homemade BBQ Beef, along with Texas Toast, baked potato and salad, sweet tea this evening. My oldest son is coming for dinner too (when he heard what we are having).

Boneless pork loin chops, white rice and peas.

I am going to walk to a local diner with my daughter, and eat eggs and pancakes!

Gonna have homemade BBQ Beef, along with Texas Toast, baked potato and salad, sweet tea this evening. My oldest son is coming for dinner too (when he heard what we are having).

RR, when you mention sweet tea do you mean hot or cold? homebrewed or bottled/canned? I ask because I have learned on my trips to the states that some "sweet tea" is akin to what we call "iced tea" and some is not, so I am curious :).

RR, when you mention sweet tea do you mean hot or cold? homebrewed or bottled/canned? I ask because I have learned on my trips to the states that some "sweet tea" is akin to what we call "iced tea" and some is not, so I am curious :).

Sweet Tea/Iced Tea.....(sorry I wasn't more specific)....And as always, home-brewed. Or I make my own, 3-4 large tea bags, along with a pinch or two of baking soda (it makes the tea stronger). We drink a gallon a day!...(and my teeth are showing the effects (stains) of coffee & tea). So, baking soda comes in handy also!

As for hot tea, we don't drink it, but a friend of mine (from England) always asks for it whenever she visits.

Sweet Tea/Iced Tea.....(sorry I wasn't more specific)....And as always, home-brewed. Or I make my own, 3-4 large tea bags, along with a pinch or two of baking soda (it makes the tea stronger). We drink a gallon a day!...(and my teeth are showing the effects (stains) of coffee & tea). So, baking soda comes in handy also!

As for hot tea, we don't drink it, but a friend of mine (from England) always asks for it whenever she visits.

Ah ok thanks :). Some sweet tea/brewed iced tea I like, some I don't. The difference? I like it with a lot of sweetener and some fruit, I'm not big on the healthier, less sweetened versions (bad me haha). The baking soda tip is interesting, I will have to give that a try sometime when I brew my own instead of grabbing a bottle or mix. :ty:

Ah ok thanks :). Some sweet tea/brewed iced tea I like, some I don't. The difference? I like it with a lot of sweetener and some fruit, I'm not big on the healthier, less sweetened versions (bad me haha). The baking soda tip is interesting, I will have to give that a try sometime when I brew my own instead of grabbing a bottle or mix. :ty:

I'm particle to Lipton Tea Bags. And yes, I do sweeten ours, 2 and a half cups of pure cane sugar to a gallon.

As for those bottled teas at the grocery/convenience stores....uggggg! Taste very nasty!...And even some restaurants, their tea is too watery. A good glass of Tea makes my day.

I'm particle to Lipton Tea Bags. And yes, I do sweeten ours, 2 and a half cups of pure cane sugar to a gallon.

As for those bottled teas at the grocery/convenience stores....uggggg! Taste very nasty!...And even some restaurants, their tea is too watery. A good glass of Tea makes my day.

Wow!!! That's some sweet tea. My teeth hurt just reading that.

Sadly, I have gotten out of drinking tea. I used to love a glass of iced cold fresh brewed tea with lemon. We always used Lipton's or Luzianne.

The local diner was not serving breakfast items, so I ended up with a vegetable burger, (which is a beef burger with lettuce, tomato, and onion on it) and French fries.

I still had that feeling of living in the 1930's. (Although my daughter and I were trying out an iPod touch chat program, so we were like visitors from the future.)

Wow!!! That's some sweet tea. My teeth hurt just reading that.

Sadly, I have gotten out of drinking tea. I used to love a glass of iced cold fresh brewed tea with lemon. We always used Lipton's or Luzianne.

:giggle:....We're from the South (no doubt!)....and we don't eat cake or pies, I just make Brownies here and there.

We had lasagna. One that was already made and frozen and took out today and heated. Tasted just as fresh as if I'd just made it today. Yummy! I have had a cold most of the week so I was in no mood to cook today.

Last night's dinner was vegetable pasta!! mmm

If I ever get off my duff and get it started, I will be having a slow cooker pot roast and veggies.

Was out most of the day...and it's too beautful out there today to be in the kitchen cooking....we're gonna have left-overs and there are plentiful. Told the boys it was their choice, as I'm out of the kitchen today!....*grumbling*...having to get off their duff to warm them up....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back