What's your dinner tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I just ate some of the stew prepared in the Crock-pot. It tasted odd, a little bit metallic. The pot itself is ceramic, so I don't know why that would be. I used the usual stew seasonings - herbs de provence, a little oregano, salt and pepper, a bit of rosemary.

It was ok, but I like it better when it's done in the pressure cooker, I think.

Have not used mine that way. My use has just been to keep things warm when taking to church potluck that is after worship.

But . . . for many new things it seems they do better after a break in period even if washed before first use.

Also, I wonder if the seasoning needs to be in different amounts totally and in relation to each other for the different cooking method?

Tonight will be the pork stir-fry with white rice I did not fix last night. I also bought some vegetable egg rolls.

Have not used mine that way. My use has just been to keep things warm when taking to church potluck that is after worship.

But . . . for many new things it seems they do better after a break in period even if washed before first use.

Also, I wonder if the seasoning needs to be in different amounts totally and in relation to each other for the different cooking method?

Could be, about the seasonings or maybe a sort of break- in period. I cooked it just like the recipe said, about coating the meat with flour, salt and pepper, then just putting it in the pot with the veggies and broth, without browning it first. Next time I think I'll brown it separately, then put it all into the cooker, see if that makes a difference.

Hubby liked it just fine; he ate an hour after I did, so I wonder if that extra time made any difference.

Dunno yet....may use up the left overs or homemade pizza. Still unsure at this moment lol!

We ended up having Little Caesar pizza. Not in a mood to cook tonight.

Chicken sandwich, broccoli with cheese, cole slaw, and an orange.

I just ate tuna salad. I am on diet! Cross fingers that I am able to lose weight this 2012? :P

My dinner tonight - a bowl of popcorn and glass of apple cider! We went out to a show, too early to eat dinner before we left, and when we got back, too late to bother fixing anything other than popcorn. I do love my Reddenbacher microwave popcorn, so perfect for a late-night snack.

pizza from the most expensive pizza resturant in town and more beer

Last nite had yummy yummy honey buffalo wings w/ mashed potatoes, grn salad n' toasted bread.

Tonight I will make Southwestern baked tilapia, white rice and green peas.

My dinner tonight - a bowl of popcorn and glass of apple cider! We went out to a show, too early to eat dinner before we left, and when we got back, too late to bother fixing anything other than popcorn. I do love my Reddenbacher microwave popcorn, so perfect for a late-night snack.

Have you tried Redenbacher's "Pop Up Bowl"? With the transparent film on two sides I find it even easier to watch for time to take out than other varieties by them or other manufactures when my hearing aid is not on.

Will end up going out tonight as MIL is having weight loss meeting. We may end up at Denny's. I am limited in what I can have there and I am getting very tired of their Chicken Avocado sandwich. have to see what else I can do.

Baked flounder, baby peas buttered, and cole slaw.

It was the boys' choice tonight...so we had Tacos. They ate 4 of 'em...to my 1.....what's left of the ingredients, will make a Taco Salad for later if anbody gets the munchies.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back