What if......

What if my phone breaks down 1 day before the end of my 2 year contract?

my son be out of a job he doctor....if sickness did exist the human race may not evolved properly
Even without sickness people would have accidents, so we would still need orthopedic surgeons and such to patch up people. :)

If we weren't sick once in a while, we might not appreciate how good it is to be well.

Assuming that science figures out how to become immortal, would you want to become immortal? The obvious answer would be yes but then you'd have to deal with the pain of losing friends, family and you might just get tired of life.

Assuming that science figures out how to become immortal, would you want to become immortal? The obvious answer would be yes but then you'd have to deal with the pain of losing friends, family and you might just get tired of life.

it is extremely unlikely that we'd ever achieve immortality with our own body because all life organisms, despite of millions if not billions of years on Earth, will always cease to function.

but theoretically it is quite possible to achieve immortality by transferring your mind into a cybernetic brain. what happens next? maybe you'll just finally chose to pull a plug on yourself or you may have developed a superior intelligence over time that the concept of "friend" would irrelevant and unimportant. :dunno:

it is extremely unlikely that we'd ever achieve immortality with our own body because all life organisms, despite of millions if not billions of years on Earth, will always cease to function.

That's right Earth won't be around forever and assuming you've figured out how to become immortal you'd have to figure out how to move out of earth into another planet.

And that's kind of an interesting observation, if you could live forever you might want to become distant to avoid the pain of losing your friends.

That's right Earth won't be around forever and assuming you've figured out how to become immortal you'd have to figure out how to move out of earth into another planet.
yea that.

And that's kind of an interesting observation, if you could live forever you might want to become distant to avoid the pain of losing your friends.
not likely. a human being is a social being. to be alone and lonely would be quite painful. living thru pain of losing friends repeatedly for centuries can desensitize you to the point that it could turn you into lunatic sociopath or sadist just to feel something. :Ohno: I hope not!

the purpose of life is to be with others. the other purpose of life is to achieve a higher level of intelligence. when a person achieves a superior level of intelligence... he, with infinite wisdom and logics, would see no needs for friendship and love since he would view it as a distraction and serves no purpose for his intellectual pursuit.

for thousands of years... we've managed without doctors to deliver babies.

I know but there are times when a woman need to have a doctor. And I personally think people were a lot tougher thousands of years ago.

Back