What if......

What if we did a random act of kindness more often.

What if we did a random act of kindness more often.

I do this all the time when driving , I will stop for a person trying to made a turn and some people are so :shock: they take a few seconds to realize that someone actually stopped for them . One guy blew me a kiss and a woman threw her arms up in disbelieve that a car stopped for her. And when I see a child wandering around in a store looking for their parents I keep an eye on the child to made sure they find their parent. I just did this this week , I really pissed off the parent had let their little girl out of their sight ,I could tell she looked worried .

I do this all the time when driving , I will stop for a person trying to made a turn and some people are so :shock: they take a few seconds to realize that someone actually stopped for them . One guy blew me a kiss and a woman threw her arms up in disbelieve that a car stopped for her. And when I see a child wandering around in a store looking for their parents I keep an eye on the child to made sure they find their parent. I just did this this week , I really pissed off the parent had let their little girl out of their sight ,I could tell she looked worried .
Today, me and PC had the right away to cross the street at the busy intersection. We crossed and the car turning was inpatient and was an inch away from hitting PC. Crazy drivers, there was an ambulance stopped luckily we didn't need him, whew!

Today, me and PC had the right away to cross the street at the busy intersection. We crossed and the car turning was inpatient and was an inch away from hitting PC. Crazy drivers, there was an ambulance stopped luckily we didn't need him, whew!

That had to been scary! I agree people are so inpatient that they can't stop to let kids cross the streets in my city. This really pissed me off , I once stopped my car and turned it off and got out to stop traffic so a child could cross the street. I stopped traffic to let a mother duck and babies cross a busy street too. I was going to a client and I saw the mother duck climbing a very high curb and some babies could not made onto the sidewalk so I helped them then I saw the mother heading right to traffic with her babies and I did no want to see them all get killed , they were trying to get the river and the babies could not fly yet. My 102 yo client was very understanding when I told her why I was a few minute late.

That had to been scary! I agree people are so inpatient that they can't stop to let kids cross the streets in my city. This really pissed me off , I once stopped my car and turned it off and got out to stop traffic so a child could cross the street. I stopped traffic to let a mother duck and babies cross a busy street too. I was going to a client and I saw the mother duck climbing a very high curb and some babies could not made onto the sidewalk so I helped them then I saw the mother heading right to traffic with her babies and I did no want to see them all get killed , they were trying to get the river and the babies could not fly yet. My 102 yo client was very understanding when I told her why I was a few minute late.
Yes, it was scary . PC walks slow like a turtle. She's not a runner dog, I was a bit ticked off at the driver (female) for being so inpatient.

Yes, it was scary . PC walks slow like a turtle. She's not a runner dog, I was a bit ticked off at the driver (female) for being so inpatient.

I went to the grocery store today and some jack _ was tailgating me right in the parking lot! The speed limit is 10 mph and the person was so inpatient they were right on my ass! If I had to stop for any reason I would been rear ended. :pissed: I think people should be required to take an anger management class before being allowed to drive today.

I went to the grocery store today and some jack _ was tailgating me right in the parking lot! The speed limit is 10 mph and the person was so inpatient they were right on my ass! If I had to stop for any reason I would been rear ended. [emoji14]issed: I think people should be required to take an anger management class before being allowed to drive today.
No common sense jerk who tailgate you. Of all places a parking lot, like you can really go 65 or 70 mph. Glad you didn't get to his level so he/she can rear end you. Clowns!

No common sense jerk who tailgate you. Of all places a parking lot, like you can really go 65 or 70 mph. Glad you didn't get to his level so he/she can rear end you. Clowns!

Yeah , I know some people will slam down on their brakes and cause the person tailgating them to hit their car to collect money. I had people slow down in front of me and I was NOT tailgating them , the driver was hoping I hit their car. There are a lot of jerks on the road! It's too bad there is no
jerkometer that tell a person is a jerk before they're allowed to drive .

What if everyone was able to obtain a college degree (doesn't matter AA, BA, BS, MA, MS, or PhD)?

Then ironically, the value of a degree would decrease. And from that employers will start demanding extra qualifications and certifications. I should know because I have seen job postings that explicitly state for online grads to avoid applying.

Then ironically, the value of a degree would decrease. And from that employers will start demanding extra qualifications and certifications. I should know because I have seen job postings that explicitly state for online grads to avoid applying.

I would disagree. they would be highly desirable for foreign companies to manage people.... but that's if they're willing to live oversea..... and money's quite lucrative

Since starting my new job, I have worked with more people who have GEDs more than I ever did in my life. Let's say that they have no concept of what professionalism means. At my old job everyone had a high school dimplopa and a 3rd of them have one or more college degrees and I see the difference in work ethics. I think having a degree is more likely helpl people value their work ethics. Not applying to all people but I was amazed to see the lack of work ethics at my current job compared to my old one. Just interesting...

Since starting my new job, I have worked with more people who have GEDs more than I ever did in my life. Let's say that they have no concept of what professionalism means. At my old job everyone had a high school dimplopa and a 3rd of them have one or more college degrees and I see the difference in work ethics. I think having a degree is more likely helpl people value their work ethics. Not applying to all people but I was amazed to see the lack of work ethics at my current job compared to my old one. Just interesting...

I think a GED is taking the easy way out ... quitting high school and taking taking shortcuts to get a diploma instead of toughing it out like the rest of us did is laziness. I still have my high school diploma and damn proud of it and of walking that stage after what I went though to get there.

I think a GED is taking the easy way out ... quitting high school and taking taking shortcuts to get a diploma instead of toughing it out like the rest of us did is laziness. I still have my high school diploma and damn proud of it and of walking that stage after what I went though to get there.
In general yes but there are some circumstances where the kid has to drop out for whatever reasons when they probably didn't want to. Small minority but it happens.

What drives me nuts more is there are people walking around with a high school diploma who really shouldn't be... they get 'promoted' through the grades and wind up with a low level reading and writing skills and barely able to get by.

In general yes but there are some circumstances where the kid has to drop out for whatever reasons when they probably didn't want to. Small minority but it happens.

What drives me nuts more is there are people walking around with a high school diploma who really shouldn't be... they get 'promoted' through the grades and wind up with a low level reading and writing skills and barely able to get by.

Very small minority yes I agree if its something beyond their control but for the most part its just young and dumb. I know a woman that quit high school in 10th grade just cause she wanted to and now (she's 39) she's ashamed of it and lies saying she graduated with her class. That's another story though I won't get started on :laugh2:

I know someone quit school during junior year since he was working for his dad's business. He later went back to school to finish for his GED. I haven't heard from him since I moved.

Very small minority yes I agree if its something beyond their control but for the most part its just young and dumb. I know a woman that quit high school in 10th grade just cause she wanted to and now (she's 39) she's ashamed of it and lies saying she graduated with her class. That's another story though I won't get started on :laugh2:

I saw a GED book and let's just say I'm glad I finished high school :lol:

So did I and still hold the high school diploma in my possession.

I saw a GED book and let's just say I'm glad I finished high school :lol:

Back