What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget the curved corners, instead of them sharp or rounded corners for the drywall. Be sure they have a Hue lighting system setup and connected to your doorbell and phone ringer, preferably wirelessly. Change the ceilings to be concaved for better lighting distribution. And don't forget accent lighting, not direct lighting. Make sure that happens before you move in.

:dizzy: That's a lot to remember. I'll see what I can do. As for phone ringer, not sure about that, but a doorbell ringer is a must, that I can say for sure.

Don't forget the curved corners, instead of them sharp or rounded corners for the drywall. Be sure they have a Hue lighting system setup and connected to your doorbell and phone ringer, preferably wirelessly. Change the ceilings to be concaved for better lighting distribution. And don't forget accent lighting, not direct lighting. Make sure that happens before you move in.

I'm not under the impression this new residence he's moving to is under construction. If it's not, curved corners and changing the ceilings to be con caved is not happening, most likely. I could see installing plastic or fiberglass curved corners over existing drywall (like screwed in) as I've done before, as a possibility, but the ceilings? No.

I'm not under the impression this new residence he's moving to is under construction. If it's not, curved corners and changing the ceilings to be con caved is not happening, most likely. I could see installing plastic or fiberglass curved corners over existing drywall (like screwed in) as I've done before, as a possibility, but the ceilings? No.

Correct. This building has been in the Uptown neighborhood for more than 40 years, and it's quite an old building, and when I first went there, I had a little bit of a hard time finding the exact location, but I did find it, and the area it's in is quite nice, and it has a lot of convenience there. The Red Line is close by, as is a food store and the bank. It's a nice area, yet very old one.

shocking pink don't suit me...got arm caste on I chose wrong colour

I wondered since your comments were for modifications for a low-sight person, not a deaf person.

I intended it for the deaf as well. Makes life much easier actually.

May I ask why you didn't see it that way?

I intended it for the deaf as well. Makes life much easier actually.

May I ask why you didn't see it that way?

Going from memory

The wall corners -
My take -to make it less painful for a blind person if they bump into it.
How is it related to deaf?

The concave ceiling -
My take -better lighting for a low-vision person
I'd think it would cause an echo problem for the deaf/hoh.

shocking pink don't suit me...got arm caste on I chose wrong colour

@Caz12...sorry if I missed it...did they put you to sleep before re breaking your thumb? If you have a long sock you can cut the foot portion out of it and cover your cast. I had to do this when the only color they had was neon yellow.

Just learned that TXGolfer is prowling these halls; maybe he will see my comment to him over at "Apple Devices".......

September is Deaf Awareness Month. Hmm. That's got me thinking of some ideas.

Going from memory

The wall corners -
My take -to make it less painful for a blind person if they bump into it.
How is it related to deaf?

The concave ceiling -
My take -better lighting for a low-vision person
I'd think it would cause an echo problem for the deaf/hoh.

The city hall has it meetings in a room with concave ceiling and it echo like crazy and that made it hard for me to hear when I went to meetings .

That NCIS and the new NCIS: New Orleans kicks off their season on September 23rd. I am looking forward to the New Orleans spin-off very much. This should be a fun season. :D

are there going to be 3 NCIS shows or is one of old shows going to be dropped?

are there going to be 3 NCIS shows or is one of old shows going to be dropped?

I've been watching for when they will kick off NCIS: Los Angeles, but I'm suspecting they may move it to a different day or something. Three NCIS shows on a Tuesday night would be too much. I'm thinking they may move it to either Thursday or Friday. NCIS used to be on Fridays a few years back. They have yet to release that information, but should soon.

learned today that I will get almost $2,000 taken out in taxes from my new job paychecks. YIKES!!!

I learned that my company's contract with the state was renewed. Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back