What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
closed curtains when know window cleaner started his rounds

I learned that us capitol building kept the cat paw prints on the floor. everyone called it, legend of the demon cat. I am surprised that I forget to take a picture of it because i was busy rubbing on the floor with my barehand. The cat paw prints on the floors make me smile. I got a picture from google to show you what it looks like.. adorable!!! if you want to know more about the demon cat or ghost cat.. help yourself.

10 Ghost Stories of the US Capitol

p1070562.jpg

3-paw-prints-in-old-rotunda.jpg

ooohhh yeah the demon cat story, I just read about that in a Ghosts of Washington DC book.

I learned that my new Samsung Tab 3 has closed captioning. Yes!! This tablet will be ideal for travel.

That there's only 50 some days before Halloween. What to dress as this year?

I just learned that there is a proper way to retire a US Flag. It was interesting to watch. I was :shock: that it's done that way.

If you mean by cutting it up, putting it in a hole in the ground and setting fire to it, that's what I did years ago to a tattered flag.

If you mean by cutting it up, putting it in a hole in the ground and setting fire to it, that's what I did years ago to a tattered flag.

Not how I saw a Boy Scout do it. He did it with Marines present, and in a fire pit. According to him, that's just one of the formal ways to respectfully retire a US flag. I thought that was interesting. I never knew that's how it was done.

Well, I'm not now or was ever a Marine....:lol: Nor a Boy Scout. Highest rank I attained was that of a Cub Scout.

Well, I'm not now or was ever a Marine....:lol: Nor a Boy Scout. Highest rank I attained was that of a Cub Scout.

That was shown in New Mexico, I believe. This show called 10 things you didn't know has been quite handy. I learn new things each time I see it.

Anyway, Chicago, civilians are allowed to dispose of flags that are tattered, etc; just follow the protocol that can be looked up......

Anyway, Chicago, civilians are allowed to dispose of flags that are tattered, etc; just follow the protocol that can be looked up......

Yup, and that's something I never knew. That just goes to show that there's always something new to learn everyday.

I learned that I need to do a better job of checking my facts before heading out into suburbania. Learned a big lesson today.

I could go as Lil' Strawberry-Blonde-Red riding hood. Would I get away with that?

I think you could get away with anything :naughty: The hubby could go as the big bad wolf :laugh2:

I just learned tonight that the car behind the girl that hit me, his insurance company is claiming no fault to my car or injuries. Lady is the Prius 100% at fault. I'm still in a neck brace, my neck crunchies and pops when I turned my head. Then tonight my BP shot way way up like 167/153 and I was seeing spots in front of my eyes. My BP is alway super low so this is so different Thinking this all has to do with the whiplash. Can't get an MRI so I don't know what to do about my neck.

I just learned tonight that the car behind the girl that hit me, his insurance company is claiming no fault to my car or injuries. Lady is the Prius 100% at fault. I'm still in a neck brace, my neck crunchies and pops when I turned my head. Then tonight my BP shot way way up like 167/153 and I was seeing spots in front of my eyes. My BP is alway super low so this is so different Thinking this all has to do with the whiplash. Can't get an MRI so I don't know what to do about my neck.

I THINK you can have the magnet removed for an MRI and then put back in. Something you might want to investigate.

I sure hope you got a good personal injury lawyer. It makes all the difference in getting help for your injuries. They took care of everything for me, even the medical appointments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back