What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
:shock: On my way back home, and taking a shortcut, I came across multiple yard sales, and I'm talking in the area of 35-50 individual yard sales within a 3-4 block radius. I slammed on my brakes, and did some exploring. There's quite a few bicycles and nice looking furniture for sale.

I learned you can't disagree with a friend. Almost you have to have similar views for them to keep you on their good list .

Last edited:
I learned you can't disagree with a friend. Almost you have to have similar views for them to keep you on their good list .

Oh please. Not always the fact. Some of my close friends and I have some disagreements, have different perspective on certain things like dating, budget, abortion, and gay marriage.

Oh please. Not always the fact. Some of my close friends and I have some disagreements, have different perspective on certain things like dating, budget, abortion, and gay marriage.

We have different friends

Two nights ago at the SuperDeafy movie with my friends, I learned a shocking truth from my longtime and childhood friend that his father is still alive after 30 years of big secret lie told by his mother. My friend told me as we were kids that his father died in car crash when he was 5 years old. But now we know it is not true....but still shock to us. How did my friend find out? From thru Facebook he found his father's siblings and relatives...he got puzzled for the first time when they told him that his father has been living in Florida and sent him a current photo of his father. He got really pissed off and then asked his mother why did she lied to him....well, the truth is that the father deserted him and his mother after the fact the father was not happy learning that my friend being Deaf as a young child.

I learned that my whiplash is pretty serious. I have to wear a neck brace for 4-6 weeks. They wanted me to go to an urgent MRI appointment but I can't get an MRI since I have a CI. Doctor could not believe how bad my neck muscles are. Will be going in for x-rays on my neck and shoulder. My collar bone still hurts a lot.

I'm sorry. I really hope you get to feeling better quick! Hugs.

I learned that freon is poisonous to inhale. There is a 911 episode on YouTube that shows what happens when it is (It's Episode 954).

How would somebody else "accidentally" pay YOUR medical bill?
Did they get into your postal mail and not bother reading or logged into the bill paying site?

First I've heard of somebody accidentally paying off somebody else's bill. I've gotten a medical bill that wasn't mine even though it had my name /address on it (it was obvious- it was a second bill for a gall bladder removal. as far as I know humans only have one of those and mine had been removed the month before lol).

I got my bank statement and was looking over my photo copy of my checks and I notice the writing on one check was not mine. It was my neighbors check that they mailed in for their condo fee and they do not use the same bank as I do . My neighbor got a photo copy of my check for my condo fee on their statement. It's really weird , my bank said I should close my account and open a new one and I did just that . Someone messed up time , my bank never heard of this happening before and my neighbor bank was surprise too. They said there was no way I should hag gotten my neighbors check on my statement when we do not go to same bank.

We have different friends

Your friends sound very dull , I would find it very boring if everyone agreed on the same thing. It would be very boring on AllDeaf if we all agreed on the same thing.

Your friends sound very dull , I would find it very boring if everyone agreed on the same thing. It would be very boring on AllDeaf if we all agreed on the same thing.

just like me

just like me

I think don't anyone is dull here, everyone has difference opinions , interests and ideas . A guy I use to date started calling me to talk and he told me he wish everyone one was just like him . I told him boring that would be . One thing I really loved about being a health aide I got to met so many interesting people , they had a lot great stories to tell.

I think don't anyone is dull here, everyone has difference opinions , interests and ideas . A guy I use to date started calling me to talk and he told me he wish everyone one was just like him . I told him boring that would be . One thing I really loved about being a health aide I got to met so many interesting people , they had a lot great stories to tell.

Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They can't handle my different view . Oh well lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got my bank statement and was looking over my photo copy of my checks and I notice the writing on one check was not mine. It was my neighbors check that they mailed in for their condo fee and they do not use the same bank as I do . My neighbor got a photo copy of my check for my condo fee on their statement. It's really weird , my bank said I should close my account and open a new one and I did just that . Someone messed up time , my bank never heard of this happening before and my neighbor bank was surprise too. They said there was no way I should hag gotten my neighbors check on my statement when we do not go to same bank.
:eek:

wow that IS wild.

A bit like what happened with my hospital/doctor bill- wound up with a duplicate- exact same charges one month later for the exact same surgery (on the same DAY even)- only problem was that that surgery-- the item removed I only have one of! Turns out somehow a number was changed in the patient number or something.. likely somebody else's bill but still the correct personal info.

Mix of human error and technology error.. gotta love it ;)

I learned that us capitol building kept the cat paw prints on the floor. everyone called it, legend of the demon cat. I am surprised that I forget to take a picture of it because i was busy rubbing on the floor with my barehand. The cat paw prints on the floors make me smile. I got a picture from google to show you what it looks like.. adorable!!! if you want to know more about the demon cat or ghost cat.. help yourself.

http://www.clotureclub.com/2012/10/10-ghost-stories-of-the-us-capitol/

p1070562.jpg

3-paw-prints-in-old-rotunda.jpg

I learned that Chicago has 37 currently operating movable bridges, more than any other city, apparently. There's YouTube videos of such bridge openings, and I must say, it's awesome. I'll have to see if I can catch one at the end of the boating season in a few weeks' time.

I watched the draw bridges on the Chicago River from my hotel room back in the 80's. It was neat to watch the bridge tender open one bridge, let the boats pass through, close the bridge move down to the next bridge while the boats floated around between the bridges, to do it again.

I watched the draw bridges on the Chicago River from my hotel room back in the 80's. It was neat to watch the bridge tender open one bridge, let the boats pass through, close the bridge move down to the next bridge while the boats floated around between the bridges, to do it again.

I've never seen that, and would like to. It would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back