What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just learned my friend who was in the city a few weeks ago has returned, and he's here for an unknown amount of time this time around, and also, his birthday is tomorrow.

I agreed 100%, there is time limitation on when you can file lawsuit, if you wait too long, then it is automatically SOL!

I sure hope you got a good personal injury lawyer. It makes all the difference in getting help for your injuries. They took care of everything for me, even the medical appointments.

Fight for your right to recovery, don't give up!!!

I know what it is like to have neck pain, and as of right now I am wearing neck brace, no fun!

Wish you a speedy recovery, nobody deserves to be in pain (Except felonies).

I just learned tonight that the car behind the girl that hit me, his insurance company is claiming no fault to my car or injuries. Lady is the Prius 100% at fault. I'm still in a neck brace, my neck crunchies and pops when I turned my head. Then tonight my BP shot way way up like 167/153 and I was seeing spots in front of my eyes. My BP is alway super low so this is so different Thinking this all has to do with the whiplash. Can't get an MRI so I don't know what to do about my neck.

My friend..... he just informed me of a bad experience with Chase when someone stole more than $1,000 from his bank accounts, which he will be refunded for, and I scolded him on not having the Chase Mobile app installed on his phone. Now he's learned quite a big lesson.

I learned that I the Verizon new updated voicemail box. Before it did not ask you record your first and last name so I said my first name was 'Hi" . And you can't tell it have any messages just by picking up the phone receiver
anymore you have to call your voicemail to see if you got any new messages . I guess I need to try and get a cell phone

My friend..... he just informed me of a bad experience with Chase when someone stole more than $1,000 from his bank accounts, which he will be refunded for, and I scolded him on not having the Chase Mobile app installed on his phone. Now he's learned quite a big lesson.
having or not having an app will not totally protect anyone from stealing or hackers. What he SHOULD do is ask them if there is a way to place some kind of lock on the account so that only certain people can withdraw from the account. I don't know if that is possible but it's worth the time to ask. Poor guy getting 'scolded'...tsk a talk would do more as a teaching moment if you will.

Even if he had the app- chances are it still would have happened.

I was totally fine and didn't use the bank app for many years until very recently.

having or not having an app will not totally protect anyone from stealing or hackers. What he SHOULD do is ask them if there is a way to place some kind of lock on the account so that only certain people can withdraw from the account. I don't know if that is possible but it's worth the time to ask. Poor guy getting 'scolded'...tsk a talk would do more as a teaching moment if you will.

Even if he had the app- chances are it still would have happened.

I was totally fine and didn't use the bank app for many years until very recently.

Here's the thing-- he needs a little encouraging on keeping better track of his money, because he says that someone used another bank to withdraw that money, and we're not sure how that's possible, but I did suggest a couple of different ways it could have happened. He's already dealt with it, and he'll have to be much more careful.

I just followed up on my bicycle repairs, and they informed me that they need to special order a new part for the bike, and they say it might take a week to get it in. Just great...... additional charges. :mad2: This isn't how I'd planned to spend a week. Ah, well. At least they're doing the best they can, which is all that matters.

I sure hope you got a good personal injury lawyer. It makes all the difference in getting help for your injuries. They took care of everything for me, even the medical appointments.

I have decided not to. Let me try to explain....It will be very difficult, time consuming for me to prove my neck injury was caused by the car accident.
I've been disabled for 10+ years with severe Dystonia, muscles on my right side are so messed up. That includes my neck. I have worn a neck brace numerous times over the last ten years. I have an amazing doctor who finally knows how to treat my condition. I have amazing health insurance that covers everything. It's just not worth it to me to pursue and possibly be sent to numerous doctors, testings etc. I physically can't do it.

I have no lost income since I don't work. AAA's settlement on my car was way better than we thought we would get.

Plus the lady that hit me works for the same company as my husband. In fact, where we have to go to file my claim is in the same building. I will be filing a claim for pain and suffering and hopefully get something towards my lost car.

I have decided not to. Let me try to explain....It will be very difficult, time consuming for me to prove my neck injury was caused by the car accident.
I've been disabled for 10+ years with severe Dystonia, muscles on my right side are so messed up. That includes my neck. I have worn a neck brace numerous times over the last ten years. I have an amazing doctor who finally knows how to treat my condition. I have amazing health insurance that covers everything. It's just not worth it to me to pursue and possibly be sent to numerous doctors, testings etc. I physically can't do it.

I have no lost income since I don't work. AAA's settlement on my car was way better than we thought we would get.
It's up to you. If your long-time disabilities are aggravated by the accident, you deserve to be compensated. But I understand if you don't want the extra stress. :hug:

Plus the lady that hit me works for the same company as my husband. In fact, where we have to go to file my claim is in the same building. I will be filing a claim for pain and suffering and hopefully get something towards my lost car.
Unfortunately, when there are conflicts of interest (such as coworkers or having the same insurance company), the settlement is usually less. I hope that won't be your case.

Making claims for pain and suffering is where a lawyer really helps. The dollar amount of pain and suffering is dependent on how much your accident medical costs are. They multiple your medical bills times three and that's the magic number. They don't really judge actual pain or suffering; they just use the formula.

The value of your car is also very straightforward, following the adjuster's guidelines.

Sadly, insurance is all about the numbers. :(

(Been there, done that, a couple times.)

I hope you feel better soon. You sure don't need any more pains.

Thank you Reba. We were thinking that we would get Kelly Blue Book value for my car. It was in amazing, like new condition but it was ten years old. We actually got three times more than what we were expecting.

I know you understand what it is like to be in pain with a condition that will not likely get better. I just take one day at a time and when I have a "good day" I definitely want to take advantage of it. I get about 4 or 5 good days per month.

Thank you Reba. We were thinking that we would get Kelly Blue Book value for my car. It was in amazing, like new condition but it was ten years old. We actually got three times more than what we were expecting.
:thumb:

I know you understand what it is like to be in pain with a condition that will not likely get better. I just take one day at a time and when I have a "good day" I definitely want to take advantage of it. I get about 4 or 5 good days per month.
Yes, I understand. We definitely do have to take advantage of those times, and prioritize our activities. I usually count my good times in hours, not days.

That NCIS and the new NCIS: New Orleans kicks off their season on September 23rd. I am looking forward to the New Orleans spin-off very much. This should be a fun season. :D

I learned that I got approved for a new apartment today. I have a lot to do between now and either 9/20 or 10/1.

I learned that the apartment I will be moving to has never had a Deaf resident before. I will be their first, and that means it's a good time to teach them a few things about how Deaf people do things. This should be fun, and hopefully enjoyable.

I learned that the apartment I will be moving to has never had a Deaf resident before. I will be their first, and that means it's a good time to teach them a few things about how Deaf people do things. This should be fun, and hopefully enjoyable.

Doesn't this mean you will be responsible for installing light flashers, etc, etc?

Doesn't this mean you will be responsible for installing light flashers, etc, etc?

That just came to mind just now. I'm going to see if I can get those covered under the ADA. Worth a try, but since it's their first time, it'll take some getting used to. I believe the property manager is supposed to make accommodations for things like that, but I'll check first. Still a lot of work to do, though. I'm actually planning on stopping by and seeing what needs to be done within the next 7-10 days.

That just came to mind just now. I'm going to see if I can get those covered under the ADA. Worth a try, but since it's their first time, it'll take some getting used to. I believe the property manager is supposed to make accommodations for things like that, but I'll check first. Still a lot of work to do, though. I'm actually planning on stopping by and seeing what needs to be done within the next 7-10 days.

Don't forget the curved corners, instead of them sharp or rounded corners for the drywall. Be sure they have a Hue lighting system setup and connected to your doorbell and phone ringer, preferably wirelessly. Change the ceilings to be concaved for better lighting distribution. And don't forget accent lighting, not direct lighting. Make sure that happens before you move in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back