What did you do today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking of the fact that Kaczynski and Hussein were notorious liars who ended up being hated by everyone.

Wirelessly posted

I went back to my job after, doing externship for a week in pediatrics. I miss the externship job

I shampooed MIL's bedroom again, vacuumed the house, read a book, took hubby to see MIL and then went to the gym with him. Could not do anything at the gym as my legs would not work. All of the upper body machines were in use and the trainer there was very hesitant on me using any of the machines due to my medical issues. Luckily, it did not cost anything for me to go. I went as a free guest of hubby's.

Been too super busy for a few days...this AM I went to some garage/estate sales in an exclusive subdivision called 'Bentwoods'....a golf community....beautiful homes there, and ran into a deaf lady. Introduced myself...she said "I don't associate with deaf people. I find it's best to avoid them."...Well, I ignored that remark, she was nice tho.' (?)...Bought a few little knick-knacks....then went to the bread store....then onto a friends house where I bought a Dell computer (used) for one of my sons. Came home to a house full of unexpected company....now I'm cooking chicken breast for dinner, boys went out for a baseball game, will be back later for supper.

Went and travelled on three different train lines today.

Found many coke codes and now I have corrupted my friend :D

We went to Fremantle market, nice and small. Had lunch there and we went and puttered at TimeZone. Left with a prize or two.

Went bowling and boy, I stink BIG TIME! :P

Now I'm ready to turn in for the night before I fly out for home tomorrow.

I know my friend is truly buggered from having me come to visit. :lol:

Had to bring in our Flag and some patio furniture due to a very bad storm brewing in. The river looked very "angry" and flowing very fast with waves.....almost like it was the Beach....lots of rain and wind (report said up to 60mph) but no Hail. 64 degrees here, humidity is 100%....We needed the rain badly....and it's pouring here. Had to drive my boys thru all of it for their music practice and pick them up at 6:30.

Been waiting and waiting for the forecast to come through with the thunderstorms here. We had nasty clouds this morning, but since then, nothing but blistering heat and bright sun. Hubby has had 3 roofers come out to recheck the roof for MIL. He's also had someone come out to look over the 2 trees we want removed and the issue with the back of the garage where we need the ground leveled out. Will get the estimate tomorrow.

As for what I have done. Washed and scrubbed and deodorized 2 litter boxes, made the weekly menu for next week. Bought my groceries and went to a Dollar Store to relax.

Worked at my 2nd job today..learned that they want me to work 16 hours next Sat as my client want to go to Six Flags for Deaf Awareness Day. I would love to go to Six Flags and ride on the rides while getting paid but I need to find a babysitter for my son.

Drove up to Austin and back today. Nice to be able to drive again.

Went to a deaf meeting, tried to sign the sound of birds chriping to one of my full deaf freinds as I have one ear that works.

Managed to catch up on 4 World Hockey Championships games I had to tape the last 2 days due to work commitments/other commitments that I did anyways... now waiting for Game 1 of the 2011 Eastern Conference Final for Boston Bruins vs Tampa Bay Lightning.. wooo should be fun! oh yeah did take a 3 hour nap after the WHC games were done almost.. so to get extra rest and be ready for more games later.. lol

Well - hubby was busy today. He had 4 roofer's come out to give bids on the garage roof. We have a flat roof with angled side that have shingles.

#1 says: Roof is basically fine, so soft spots, no leaks. The edge by the top to the side was not done correctly and there is a spot that is leaking. Can do the repair job of just that for $1400.

#2 says: Roof is basically fine, but since it's old, it would be better to replace to totally. Since it's a flat roof it will cost less. $9000.

#3 says: Roof is in good condition. I can see where it is leaking at the edge of the top to the sides. You really do need the insulation in the roof to help with heating and cooling costs. Total replacement $7500 or just repair the edge seal $2000.

#4 says: Flat roof is not good in Florida and therefore you need to get a standard roof. Total cost $12,000.

#3 is also real good friends with our contractor and they sometimes work together. Not sure what hubby will decide. I already know that we will not be getting a standard roof. This current roof is 15 years old and has had no patching or anything. All the storms and hurricanes and MIL has only had to replace some of the shingles on the sides.

Hubby also had a man come out to look at a palm tree stump to be removed, a palm tree to be removed and leveling the back behind the garage for our patio. Waiting for that estimate. The final person that came out is a sprinkler guy to cap off 8 of the sprinklers. 7 are in the back that will be removed or never uncapped, 1 is on the side and we do want that back after construction.

@kristinaB

those bids are insane. For a garage? If the house is the same one as before I could roof the entire house for 10-12k

@kristinaB

those bids are insane. For a garage? If the house is the same one as before I could roof the entire house for 10-12k

Well, this garage is a 3 bay garage (32 X 42) and we are turning it into a 4 bedroom home. The home I mentioned to you before is on the other lot. That roof is fine for another 10 years or so. Her last quote for it was $12,000.

Well, this garage is a 3 bay garage (32 X 42) and we are turning it into a 4 bedroom home. The home I mentioned to you before is on the other lot. That roof is fine for another 10 years or so. Her last quote for it was $12,000.

For garage, To tear off and replace with 30 year shingles should be less than $4000. Even redecking the entire roof should be under $6000

I received a much awaited package from USDA and was stunned when I received two of them. I will be filling them out and sending them back ASAP on Monday.

I watched the Red Sox beat the Yankees. Yay!

Plus took my very old Nokia phone to the mall and the nice young man there re-set it (I had lost it and hadn't used it for a year, so it was out of service) and I got a new phone number that is easier to remember than the old one. Spent $100 to buy 1000 minutes which are good for a year, so I'm set for a long, long time. Next year I will revisit the iPhone vs. other phones question. For now, though, I'm happy.

worked a long day today....
came home n fed supper
my daughter n I painted a birdhouse
gave my daughter a bath.
play n read books...
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back