What did you do today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been on the phone (texting) and emails. My Uncle passed away early this morning. He had severe Alzheimer's. We got word yesterday that he was declining extremely fast, so we headed over about 8 pm last night and got to spend some time with him. He wasn't conscious anymore, but I can only hope he could hear or feel our touch. He will be missed.

Sorry about your uncle. At least he is no longer suffering. :(

Wirelessly posted

Woke up, did vacuum and clean up stuff. Now, enjoying a lazy Sunday afternoon.

Been on the phone (texting) and emails. My Uncle passed away early this morning. He had severe Alzheimer's. We got word yesterday that he was declining extremely fast, so we headed over about 8 pm last night and got to spend some time with him. He wasn't conscious anymore, but I can only hope he could hear or feel our touch. He will be missed.

Very sorry to hear of your uncle's passing, Alleycat.. may he find the peace he sought for and may ya and your family be blessed in time of sorrow... amen..

Wirelessly posted

Hubby and I sorted out the girls' clothes by size and they already have a lot of clothes. Cute onesies- soooo teeny tiny! I'm so used to folding large sized clothes and this time the baby clothes are so small, it only folds once! Ha ha ha! Laundry will be a breeze. The girls are very active- kicking & punching a lot! Hubby loves to rub the belly as the girls respond to belly rubs. Oh yes.. you'll hafta wait until they're born to find out their names but but but their names are beautiful! There's a hint... ha ha!

Ohh Mrs B.. ya sure are busy eh with the kids to come soon.. the girls will be happy to see you once they enter into the new world soon enough... and ya and your hubby will have your hands full for sure for a long while lol...congrats and good luck!

Wirelessly posted

Woke up, did vacuum and clean up stuff. Now, enjoying a lazy Sunday afternoon.

Ah lol.. ya must be satisfied with yuor day so far...

Good thing I went in to work earlier today before noon and got done a bit after 4 pm so I got the heck out faster.. and went to store to get some groceries to stock up the fridge.. now gonna wait for local evening news and then game 1 of the western conference final for canucks and sharks!! wooo..

AlleyCat, I'm so sorry about your uncle. I'm glad he was surrounded by family who loved him during his final hours. My condolences to you and your family.

-----------------------
What I did today: Filled my car with gas - $70!!! Yikes. That was for 15 gallons.

Also Dremeled my fur-babies' nails. Pippin was good; Casey is not speaking to me at the moment and is hiding behind the couch.

AND - working on cleaning out our guest room. I have a problem with my yarns having reached SABLE - Stash Amassed Beyond Life Expectancy - but now all my yarns are neatly organized in plastic containers from the Container Store, all on the shelves which I installed floor to ceiling in the guest room closet. 'course if we ever have any actual guests we will be in trouble, no room for their clothes, but at least my yarns are happy.

I am sorry, Alleycat about your uncle's passing.

Today had a PERFECT ending! I worked out for almost two hours this am, took my son to get his pics taken with his baseball team and to enjoy the festivities at the ballpark, chatted with my mom on aim, mowed and trimmed the front yard, and then had a yummy dinner. What was sooo cool was that we soon we all started eating, a thunderstorm hit us with heavy rains and then when we stopped eating, the rain stopped. Then, out of the blue, an ice cream truck with the bells jangling comes down on my street. In the 4 years I have lived here, I had never seen an ice cream truck in this neighborhood so all 3 of us (my brother, son, and I) ran out to get ice cream. Turned out it was gourmet ice cream..what the ????? It was my son's first time getting ice cream from an ice cream truck so we took pics. Just awesome!

Sorry to hear. :hug: Best wishes to you and your family, A.

My condolences to you and your family at this sad time, AlleyCat. Almezier's is affecting my grandma at the moment, she's in her early stages. :hug:

Sharky, BeachGirl, Shel, TWA, Tousi, JC, thank you all so much.

My condolences to you and your family at this sad time, AlleyCat. Almezier's is affecting my grandma at the moment, she's in her early stages. :hug:

I feel for you. My uncle's wife, my aunt, also has Alzheimer's as well. She's in her early stages as well (they're call it "mild-to-moderate") What a double-whammy for their kids. :(

Shel, your workouts sound fun! I am signing up with a new personal trainer. I can't wait to become a lean, mean machine !! :)

Shel, your workouts sound fun! I am signing up with a new personal trainer. I can't wait to become a lean, mean machine !! :)

which workouts, the gym or mowing the grass?

I am getting bored with my workouts at the gym and I am not exactly lean after 2 years of working out so I just decided to start jogging on a daily basis after weightlifting. Hope it works. I am in great shape but dont look like it. It is frustrating at my age.

I had a personal trainer 11 or 12 years ago and worked with him for 7 months. I did become a lean machine and also learned a lot about exercise, the equipment, and eating.

which workouts, the gym or mowing the grass?

I am getting bored with my workouts at the gym and I am not exactly lean after 2 years of working out so I just decided to start jogging on a daily basis after weightlifting. Hope it works. I am in great shape but dont look like it. It is frustrating at my age.

I had a personal trainer 11 or 12 years ago and worked with him for 7 months. I did become a lean machine and also learned a lot about exercise, the equipment, and eating.

Well, if I have to pick, I'd say mowing. :lol:

I have never been a member of a fitness center. All of a sudden, my metabolism has decided to pick a fight with me. So, going to work on that now !!!

Alleycat, sorry to hear about your uncle's passing :hug:

find any body yet?

stalker.gif

AlleyCat- Sorry to hear about your Uncle's passing.

Mrs Bucket- Can't wait to see a pic of your babies someday soon. Bet the names you have chosen for them are great. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back