What did you do today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the Red Sox beat the Yankees. Yay!

Plus took my very old Nokia phone to the mall and the nice young man there re-set it (I had lost it and hadn't used it for a year, so it was out of service) and I got a new phone number that is easier to remember than the old one. Spent $100 to buy 1000 minutes which are good for a year, so I'm set for a long, long time. Next year I will revisit the iPhone vs. other phones question. For now, though, I'm happy.

You'll be getting iPhone 4S or 4'G' once the 4G networks are both up and running on AT&T and Verizon.

Ya think? I don't have a bajillion friends who are dying to hear my every passing thought, like the kids do. I mostly use my phone to tell my husband I'll be home at such and such a time, or else to text him from home to remind him to pick up the milk or something. Not a very exciting life!

I mostly want a phone handy for emergency use, for those "just in case" situations where it would be really crucial to contact someone. Other than that, I use e-mail very extensively to actually have thoughtful conversations with people. Even when my hearing was good back when I was a teenager, I was just never one of those people to hang on the phone for very long.

Plus, I am cheap. I am absolutely horrified at how much some people pay on their cell phone bills. Yikes!!

Ya think? I don't have a bajillion friends who are dying to hear my every passing thought, like the kids do. I mostly use my phone to tell my husband I'll be home at such and such a time, or else to text him from home to remind him to pick up the milk or something. Not a very exciting life!

I mostly want a phone handy for emergency use, for those "just in case" situations where it would be really crucial to contact someone. Other than that, I use e-mail very extensively to actually have thoughtful conversations with people. Even when my hearing was good back when I was a teenager, I was just never one of those people to hang on the phone for very long.

Plus, I am cheap. I am absolutely horrified at how much some people pay on their cell phone bills. Yikes!!

Same with me. I still have a pay-as-you-go plan (on a smartphone). I use about 1000 messages a month, and I am often near a wifi connection that I can connect to for free. I cringe at the thought of spending 40-50$ a month on a data-only plan when I currently only spend about 10-15$ a month and get most of my needs fulfilled. But I do want a cool new Droid phone, so I'll probably bite the bullet soon. sigh.

I hear ya about email. I spend up to several hours a day emailing people. I write long ones and take a lot of time to think about what I want to say.

I still have a pay-as-you-go plan (on a smartphone
).

I didn't know you could even do that!! They sure don't advertise the possibility. What do you use?

Won a poker tournament.

Testing this beer from Coors before it goes out to the production floor. I have to admit that it's actually good.

).

I didn't know you could even do that!! They sure don't advertise the possibility. What do you use?

AT&T

I really hate them, but it is definitely the cheapest option for me. I don't use voice on my cell phone at all. Except in emergency situations.

Flew home today.

Flight attendant was sweet coz he brought me a special brand of icecream treat plus mini toberlerones and a biscotti from the first class, which I did not expect all this because I didn't like the icecream they were handing out in economy class. :)

I bet my seatmate was jealous :lol:

).

You can go to Target or Walmart or etc and check them out. I once had Virgin phone and only paid 10 dollars for unlimited texting (on top of normal fee if memory serves)

You just pay upfront for phone you want. Pay upfront each month for services you want. I would compare each company and see what they offer at what price. I found Virgin to be best one to fit my need at the time.

Flew home today.

Flight attendant was sweet coz he brought me a special brand of icecream treat plus mini toberlerones and a biscotti from the first class, which I did not expect all this because I didn't like the icecream they were handing out in economy class. :)

I bet my seatmate was jealous :lol:

Toberlerones.......mmm mmm

Delta used to have a biscotti on their flights (may still) that was my favorite treat. My wife made a special effort to get a couple of cases from the airline for Christmas one year.....it was pretty cool.

Almost 2 hours at the gym and soon going to my son's baseball pics and baseball festivities for a short time due to the threat of rain.

Been on the phone (texting) and emails. My Uncle passed away early this morning. He had severe Alzheimer's. We got word yesterday that he was declining extremely fast, so we headed over about 8 pm last night and got to spend some time with him. He wasn't conscious anymore, but I can only hope he could hear or feel our touch. He will be missed.

Shaved, bathed and perfumed my little doggie...so much hair!...Will be a lot cooler for her in the Florida weather....cleaned out my fridge.....cooking dinner now, ham, collards and 3-cheese potatoes, rolls & tea. Hope to do some Blue Crabbing later this evening as we usually play board games after dinner and it's a great snack!

Wirelessly posted

Hubby and I sorted out the girls' clothes by size and they already have a lot of clothes. Cute onesies- soooo teeny tiny! I'm so used to folding large sized clothes and this time the baby clothes are so small, it only folds once! Ha ha ha! Laundry will be a breeze. The girls are very active- kicking & punching a lot! Hubby loves to rub the belly as the girls respond to belly rubs. Oh yes.. you'll hafta wait until they're born to find out their names but but but their names are beautiful! There's a hint... ha ha!

Wirelessly posted

Hubby and I sorted out the girls' clothes by size and they already have a lot of clothes. Cute onesies- soooo teeny tiny! I'm so used to folding large sized clothes and this time the baby clothes are so small, it only folds once! Ha ha ha! Laundry will be a breeze. The girls are very active- kicking & punching a lot! Hubby loves to rub the belly as the girls respond to belly rubs. Oh yes.. you'll hafta wait until they're born to find out their names but but but their names are beautiful! There's a hint... ha ha!

Belle and Bella?

Been on the phone (texting) and emails. My Uncle passed away early this morning. He had severe Alzheimer's. We got word yesterday that he was declining extremely fast, so we headed over about 8 pm last night and got to spend some time with him. He wasn't conscious anymore, but I can only hope he could hear or feel our touch. He will be missed.
:hug: Take comfort in knowing he's no longer suffering.

so sorry to hear about that.... :grouphug:

Went out to lunch and then over to visit MIL. She is looking forward to coming home on Tuesday.

You and your loved ones have my condolences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back