What camera do you use?

olympus Tough 3000 Digital Camera AND Nikon D60 DSLR (which is undergoing repairs)

Not bad for a compact camera! And the Nikon D60 DSLR obviously a great camera, I wonder if anyone ever owned both a Canon and a Nikon and wonder which they liked best out of the two.

the Olympus Tough-3000 has 12M pixel and HD movie camera with shockproof to 1.5m, freezeproof to -10C, and waterproof to 3m the Olympus Tough-3000 has 12M pixel and HD movie camera with shockproof to 1.5m, freezeproof to -10C, and waterproof to 3m

link Olympus Tough

Kodak Z710 DSLR
Kodak-EasyShare-Z710-lg.jpg

Manufacturer's description - With impressive 10x optical zoom, phenomenal picture quality, and a host of performance features, the Kodak EasyShare Z710 bridges the gap between value and performance. Intuitive enough for beginners and sophisticated enough for digital photography enthusiasts, the Z710 camera provides point-and-shoot simplicity with advanced features to easily get professional-looking results.

• Camera Type: Standard Point and Shoot
  • Resolution: 7.4 Megapixel
  • LCD Screen Size: 2 in.
  • Optical Zoom: 10x
  • Digital Zoom: 5x
  • Weight: 0.63 lb.

Ncff07 That's a nice camera! Must take some good pics with it!

I wish I could stay with Kodak, but I opted for Canon SX20is and I love this new camera, wish I had opt for SLR, just that it is out of reach on my budget. I spoke to one person that owns $5,000 dollars camera body only. He loved it like crazy as it includes GPS which tells where the camera was shot. Whoa!

Nice camera diehardbiker! That GPS feature is something I didn't know one could have, interesting!

fujifilm-finepix-jz300.jpg

Fuji Film JZ300 12 megapixel with 10x optical zoom.

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epix (i907))

goHabsgo said:
fujifilm-finepix-jz300.jpg

Fuji Film JZ300 12 megapixel with 10x optical zoom.

12 MP nice! I need to upgrade! I like that 10x optical zoom.

Thanks! It has some issues with noise in low light and it does not have full manual mode. :/
Otherwise, its a great compact camera with 10x zoom.

Canon PowerShot SD1100IS and Canon PowerShot G10

PowerShot SX20 IS
With the classically stylish PowerShot SX20 IS, you can produce magnificent HD movies and dazzling photos. Loaded with features, it's got a high-powered 20x Wide-Angle Optical Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer, 12.1 Megapixels, a big 2.5-inch Vari-Angle LCD
HR_SX20IS_3QFRONTOPEN_CL.jpg

I have Canon 20D.. it's the best digital camera ever made. The image quality is just amazing.

Now, I am eyeing on 60D. My main concern is the noise even at 100 ISO. It's not like my Canon 20D which shows virtually NO noise at 100 ISO, I see noise at 100 ISO on 50D.

Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epix (i907))

I would love the Canon 20D but its not affordable, sad. I will buy a Canon, probably in a year or so.

I have Canon 20D.. it's the best digital camera ever made. The image quality is just amazing.

Now, I am eyeing on 60D. My main concern is the noise even at 100 ISO. It's not like my Canon 20D which shows virtually NO noise at 100 ISO, I see noise at 100 ISO on 50D.

I have no doubt about the 20d after reading up on it on the web, wow what a nice camera I am sure it takes great pics like you said. I found the posts so far to be very informative on helping make a choice for my next camera when the time comes.

I currently have a Nikon Coolpix L100 that I bought last fall- I needed something w/a continuous option, I was missing too many GREAT pics of Adam in action... and needed it to be w/in my budget...

unnamed.jpg

I also have a Kodak Easyshare C180 that I keep on hand for quick pics and just as an extra... and YES I have the pink one :) :)

kodak-easyshare-c180-pink.jpg

olympus Tough 3000 Digital Camera AND Nikon D60 DSLR (which is undergoing repairs)
The olympus camera is now for sale on ebay, am looking at upgrading to a Nikon D5000 while my D60 will be repaired very soon. (I know, I want to keep my D60 as this model is practically discontinued)

The olympus camera is now for sale on ebay, am looking at upgrading to a Nikon D5000 while my D60 will be repaired very soon. (I know, I want to keep my D60 as this model is practically discontinued)

you just bought it and then now it's for sale? what gives?

Back